Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 246 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 350 reviews
on May 16, 2017
I was hesitant at first but the game seems to work fine. Received the Singapore one but it appears to be alright. Will update if I find any problems but so far I like it. Pricey, but it's a great game.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on October 11, 2015
Great game, a lot of content (game-in-game, like underground exploration), seems somewhat harder than later versions because pokemons are
allowed to have all sorts of moves, not just the ones related to their own type(s). A normal pokemon can hit you with a psychic move, for example.

The Pokedex has a huge (500) number of entries, seems like a combination of Sinnoh and Johnto regions.

Looking forward to battling and capturing the legendary pokemons.
on December 15, 2013
This game has to have been my favorite game until X&Y came out. Roselia was definitely my favorite pokemon to come from this generation. I almost cried when I could get a house in-game because I felt like Nintendo was making me a resident in my childhood dream (even though you couldn't decorate or anything).

I was severely disappointed in the seller because I received a bootleg copy and only realized it a year later when it didn't work properly when I wanted to trade my Pokemon from it to another game.Please research and inspect any products with the help of a search engine to be sure that the one you receive is legit.
on April 5, 2017
Definitely recommended over Diamond and pearl. They're great as well but platinum takes the cake.
on June 8, 2014
While not particularly my favorite generation of Pokemon games Platinum improved upon the game play of diamond and pearl. By adding the addition of the new legendary and various other story elements it accomplished what I feel the other two (pearl and diamond) could not.

If you are new to the DS versions of Pokemon look forward to the inclusion of the touch screen on the bottom. It has some fun screen savers, clock and various other gadgets that help you in your journey.

If you like Pokemon then you must get this to complete your collection.
on July 14, 2011
What can I say? The Pokémon games are arguably the most addicting games out there. Second maybe to Nokia's Snake game, perhaps. With Diamond, Pearl, and especially Platinum, these people have really outdone themselves. I love the way the game uses the technologies of the DS to enhance (rather than dramatically alter) gameplay, and with ways to interact globally, this is what I've been hoping for since the introduction of Blue Version and Red Version. The storyline is beautiful, and moves much more smoothly and quickly than Ruby.

As with most Pokémon games, the only real downside to this game is that without consistent attention, some of the features of the game are less useable, and it can get frustrating if you can't figure out a particular puzzle or find a key item. But these are part of the genre, and not really faults of the game itself. I'm looking forward to finishing this one--as best as any Pokémon game can be casually "finished".
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 22, 2010
Pokemon Platinum

I have waited over ten years to play a Pokemon game. I liked the idea of training your own army of Pokemon to do battle against other users or the PC. Pokemon Platinum doesn't fail to deliver, but there are some upsides and downsides to the game. First, Pokemon Platinum is not really a new game. It is a rehash of Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl. Apparently Nintendo likes to do this with its Pokemon franchise. There are only 210 or so Pokemon you can catch using just the Platinum game. In order to catch all 493+ Pokemon, you must have access to the old GameBoy games and be able to insert the cartridge while playing. That means if you only have a Nintendo DSi (like me), then you're up a creek without a paddle. But wait, you could theoretically trade with a buddy assuming your WiFi security is crippled to allow only WEP pass codes. If you use WPA2, you're up a creek without a paddle (again) if you want to use Nintendo Wi-Fi connection inside the game. It just won't accept a WPA2 passcode even if your DSi will connect (using the advanced setup for WiFi). Long story short, if you want to catch and train every single Pokemon possible, make sure you at least have the capability to load a GBA cartridge, have a buddy with access to the hardware/games, and use a crippled WiFi connection that depends on WEP passcodes.

The graphics are awesome in my opinion. I love how many of the Pokemon are depicted in a warm and friendly manner. Even the fiercest of Pokemon look relatively docile in the artwork. The sound and music are apropro for the game, while the controls are very intuitive. If you've played a turn-based RPG game like Final Fantasy, Pokemon Platinum will be almost second nature.

I took my time and was able to defeat Cyrus within 40 hours of gameplay. However, there's also the Elite Four of the Pokemon League along with other side quests to capture legendary Pokemon. The level grinding took the most time. I also do not like how I have to buy health replenishing items or status healers. Games like Oblivion have done away with the need to buy 30,000 health potions. Using healing magic or abilities would have been nice in Pokemon, or even health regeneration. Running back/forth to the Pokemon centers became a pain in the butt. Granted, the Pokemon game engine was developed more than a decade ago, but Nintendo could have put the effort to refresh it a little. I do not have time to play Pokemon all the time, so I delegated level grinding as a chore whenever I have to fly on business. The countless hours spent waiting at the airport and sitting on the plane are now put to use leveling up my Pokemon.

Pros: Awesome artwork! The Pokemon look very friendly, cute, and huggable. Great sound effects although they could have made it more like the cartoon using actual audio (Pika Pika!). I'm not sure how large the capacity of the DS cartridges is, but seeing how I can easily get 2GB-8GB SD cards that are ½ the size, it's a matter of Nintendo keeping up with the times. Simple combat interface.

Cons: Level grinding, buying health and status healers, and sometimes it isn't obvious what you need to do to progress the story. The menu system is often cumbersome - depositing/withdrawing Pokemon in Bebe's PC takes too long, saving sometimes takes too long.
You need to invest in the older games, a DS/DS Lite (not a DSi), and have a buddy ready to trade in order to catch every Pokemon or at least get their data into your Pokedex. Also make sure your Wifi is capable of inferior WEP security in order to use Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.

Overall: 4/5 stars
on July 12, 2010
For any die hard Pokemon game enthusiast, this version will make an extremely entertaining and fresh addition to his or her collection. There are so many new features that make this version unique and interesting compared to others. One is the graphics which have been re-vamped with 3D textures built in with the classic sprite animations. A second is the new wide range of brand new Pokemon to capture and collect. Big fan of the classics? After one surpasses the Elite Four a new area is opened which is inhabited by all the originals for those old school players. A third great feature is the amount of activity. After the Pokemon League I had played for over 40 hours and that doesn't include the places available after the fact. The Battle Frontier is a facility where trainers just battle and is much better than in previous games with more challenges. All in all its a great game with tons to do, and everything is good the second time around. Only downside? Your "rival" is your best friend and is the most annoying rival ever. EVER. He has long dialogu and its all annoying. But he only takes up .1% of the game. Its a great game I recommend it to anyone who's gotta catch 'em all. 5 Stars
on February 1, 2017
It arrived on time however the game was missing it's instruction booklet which unfortunately I assumed would have come with the game. Also the plastic that the game was wrapped in seemed loose and thinner than usual so it's possible that the game was refurbished and not new.
Otherwise the game is great. It plays just fine and everything.
on August 31, 2011
This game is awesome! I bought diamond and platinum, knowing barely anything about 4th generation Pokemon. I have played many different Pokemon games over the years and noticed which ones are better than others. Encountering Pokemon Platinum was a totally new experience for me as I had been waiting forever to know what this game was, how it was, and I was practically dying to see the pokemon firsthand. Beginning the game I loved how it unfolded the story into the new world of pokemon in the Sinnoh region as you encounter the new people and then the new pokemon. Although this game is technically an expanded version of diamond and pearl, it is also filled with so much more. In platinum you'll encounter both Palkia and Dialga, the two major legendary pokemon that most everyone wants. Also, you get to encounter Giratina, a pokemon that guards, and is more powerful than, Palkia and Dialga. Sadly, however, you cannot get Arceus without a cheat code which is not advisable as it probably will mess up your game.
Also, there are some legendary pokemon I don't know about, so yes, there are more legendary pokemon than I've said. Finally, there is no pokemon in platinum where you must use a master ball to catch it.
Most awesome to me is the availability of pokemon and the new ways of finding them. The graphics also, now literally almost 3D, are off the charts amazing. Although this game, like diamond and pearl, bear the glitch functions to different codes and such, which cause damage to the game, the game in itself is a wonderful turnout as you really don't need the codes.
I have to be honest, playing 3rd generation pokemon games, and lower, and then playing 4th generation, especially platinum version, blew my mind away.
For anyone unsure of which games are best out of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, I highly recommend Platinum; as it contains all the pokemon on both diamond and pearl and much more. Platinum is filled with even more characters, events, and fun games as well. Everything in Platinum from beginning to end is totally amazing thing. Pokemon platinum, in my opinion, is a five star, need to get game for any pokemon fan.
In closing, a few last things:
1. The game has no original flaws or glitches without cheat codes or such.
2. Cloning, as I have found out from other sources can damage your game, and by damage, I mean it can erase your game file and make you start over again. Thus, again, cheat codes highly not recommended.
3. On a lighter note, take time to enjoy the game, it really is fun, and is probably the best, or one of the best pokemon games ever made. In my opinion, the best.
4. For the Global Trade Station, you will need to be connected to the internet via cable or possibly a routers internet connection. (Router possibility is unconfirmed by me so do not expect that method to work based solely on my word).
5. As the trainer tips in the game say, talk to everyone you see, trust me, the rewards are staggering. Although, not everyone you talk to will give you something or tell you what you need to know, trust me, you still gain something from the conversation such as advice in the game or a new admiration for something. (If you don't care about the admiration of things or advice, please don't blame me or the game for discomfort as these things are put there to show a personal side to the game and are wonderful bits within the game).

Even though, I'm sure that there is an even longer list than I have written here to explain game details and how awesome the game is, I hope this review helps others and explains well enough for everyone.
All in all this game is a great find for any pokemon fan, and I hope everyone, old and new pokemon fans, can enjoy this game as much as I have.
Thanks for reading.
Update 9/13/11:

1. I have recently found out that it is possible to trade from the union room trading any pokemon at any level with any item or move to any pokemon game that pokemon platinum can trade to. This rule applies also to Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I do not know however if this rule applies to pokemon Black, White, Heart Gold, or Soul Silver.
2. Trading in the underground or over the World Trading Station in Jubilife City you must connect through a router. Although, I have read something about using a cable, I have no idea how that works, however, I have found that the game states that it must be able to pick up wireless activity. By necessary inference, this implies that a router is used. I also believe that the game itself states this fact. However, although the Underground is, I think, but do not know, okay for trading from, the World Trading Center in Jubilife has been proven a non-advised route for trading pokemon. My advise for trading is like the old days. Try trading through the union room only. I know this takes away from the whole world trading idea, but, this will save your game from damage and/or wipe. Sorry for any trouble, but I just advise you meet up with friends you know, meet in the union room and trade their.
I think that's all I have for now, if I find anything else helpful I'll be back with a future update. Anyway, in the meantime, I thank you for reading, and hope this helped you.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.