Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 238 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 342 reviews
on June 10, 2009
-New Characters: International Policeman Looker and Galactic Commander Charon

-New and Improved Graphics: Some locations have new graphics(i.e. Twinleaf Town has snow, Stark Mountain has lava). Some areas are different in other ways as well.

-Improved Story Line: Rather than revolving around Dialga/Palkia, the plot centers around Giratina

-Sinnoh Pokedex includes more Pokemon

-Wi-Fi Plaza: Allows users to play minigames with players around the world

-Distortion World: A world in which time and Space are bent. Giratina lives in this world.

-Elite Four becomes stronger after each run-through

-Ability to catch Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos after obtaining the National Pokedex

-Battle Zone includes Battle Frontier, which has five different battling facilities as opposed to Diamond/Pearl's one.

-Ability to re-battle Riley, Leader Wake, Leader Candice, and Leader Volkner
on December 25, 2016
So high review for that. The packaging is in English but says it's for the Saudi Arabia area and surrounding places so that worried me but the cartridge says USA so idk. Either way the game works, I can play it and I love it.
on April 27, 2014
this cartridge stopped working after a few months of playing, my kid researched and found it has all the characteristics of counterfeit. The logo's font& seal was all blurry/pixely compared to older games we bought and the DS menu recognizes the game as "Star Wars Ubisoft", the name often used for counterfeiting games. It also no longer works on the DSi, as often time most counterfeits are not playable on DSi consoles. All of these suggested this could be a counterfeit, and one of the columns on the back of the cartridge has snapped just now. Buyers to buy with caution.
on March 9, 2017
Love the game bring me back to middle school.
on March 11, 2015
Love it.
on December 6, 2009
As opposed to the many other Pokemon games that came out I would have to rate this generation of pokemon as a whole at the bottom of the list. They are becoming way to cartoon like to where it becomes weird. I cant really explain it but the Pokemon are just wack now. Your choices for pokemon are also limited in types. For instants you will mostly find Water and Grass type pokemon. And the new replacements for team Rocket, Aqua, etc, is are bunch of nerdy loosers known as Team Galactic. Idk, its like Pokemon was once ment to be enjoyed b everyone and is now for kids like under 10. But the graphics, sound, animations were good, color too. If you never played the old games then you my find this fun. However to the seasoned veterans that have been fans since gameboy, I recommend you either wait for the remakes of silver and gold or get diamond or pearl if you must, they were better than platinum.
on July 2, 2014
Out of all of the mainstream Pokemon games I have played, this is the weakest so far. The art for "new" Pokemon looks lame, the story is pretty much the same as the others (which is what I was expecting), your "rival" is an annoying spaz, the cities don't have an sense of uniqueness to them.
on May 17, 2009
As the title suggests, I believe Platinum is the ultimate Pokemon game in town this year! I mean what sets this apart from the other two and make it better? Lets see....you get Dialga AND Palkia in this game, about HALF the Gyms got revamped with new graphics & style (Pretty much most of the game has gotten additions & some texture changes), all the trainers have different pokemon now, Distortion World which is a unique & interesting place not to mention the huge storyline built around it and Giratina. Also, you have the Battle Frontier with five different areas to explore...you can buy your own Resort House, a Top Trainer Cafe, five new Rotom forms and so much more!

So what are you waiting for? Quit listening to me now and go buy it!
on June 29, 2015
The Game itself is amazing, it's one of my favorite pokemon games. Although I bought from this seller and when I try to play the game on the ds lite home screen, and 3ds, the game says "The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the DS Game card." This is a pain, so now I can't play my favorite pokemon game. Does anyone know what I can do?
on April 16, 2009
I have been a loyal Pokemon fan since I was 9 years old, it has been a decade and I am still hooked on the games. This game really ramped it up from Diamond and Pearl especially in the Wifi category. I am really impressed with this game, I have enjoyed playing it, and still am. I am getting great hours of entertainment, and I think anyone who likes RPG's will love this game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.