About the Product
- Classic pokemon Raikou, Entei and Suicune, make appearances in the game
- As a Pokemon Ranger, players set out to stop the Pokemon Pinchers with the help of their partner, Ukulele Pichu (an energetic Pichu that always carries a ukulele)
- Players use the Capture Styler to circle Pokemon on the touch screen, with Capture Styler powers and abilities improves as the game proceeds
- Use the stylus to create Ranger Signs, special symbols on the DS touchscreen that will summon captured pokemon
- Up to four players can play together on certain missions using the Nintendo DS Local Wireless Connection, and discover more about the history of the Oblivia region
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs is an Action Role-Playing game (RPG) for play on the Nintendo DS/DSi. Based in the long-lived Pokémon mythology, the game retains certain battle and Pokémon capture elements from the earliest Pokémon games, as well as the RPG elements found in the newer Pokémon Ranger series. Features include: use of the DS stylus to facilitate Pokémon capture, and the ability to easily recall them thereafter; puzzle play using Pokémon skills; and 4-player wireless game support.
Help Pokémon Get Out of a Pinch
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs is the third installment in the action-packed Pokémon Ranger series. In this new adventure players step into the role of a Pokémon Ranger tasked with protecting Pokémon, people and nature in the Oblivia region. As a Pokémon Ranger, players investigate the nefarious actions of a new enemy, the Pokémon Pinchers, who have been disrupting the peace of the land by chasing and catching Pokémon.
Like earlier Pokémon Ranger games, Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs is a RPG, revolving around capturing Pokémon, in order harness their power is battle. To do so players use their DS stylus to activate the game's "capture styler" functionality. Powered by a rechargeable energy bar, this capture mechanism encircles the Pokémon in question and if it can contain/survive any attacks unleashed by the Pokémon the player can temporarily use the powers of that Pokémon in conflicts, to solve puzzles and more. As the story progresses the player's capture styler gains more powers and abilities. In addition, the game also allows the player access to special symbols known as Ranger Signs. These are drawn on the gameplay area using the DS stylus and are used to summon particular Pokémon previously captured. Ranger Signs can also be used to summon classic Pokémon like Raikou, Entei and Suicune, who make appearances in the game. Additional features include 4-player support via a Nintendo DS Local Wireless connection and the ability to play as a male or female Pokémon Ranger.
Key Game Features
- As a Pokémon Ranger, players set out to stop the Pokémon Pinchers with the help of their partner, Ukulele Pichu (an energetic Pichu that always carries a ukulele).
- Players use the Capture Styler to circle Pokémon on the touch screen. The further in the story players progress, the more powers and abilities their Capture Styler gains.
- By drawing special Ranger Signs on the touch screen, players can summon powerful Pokémon that they have befriended to help them progress in the game. Legendary Pokémon like Raikou, Entei and Suicune can be summoned by drawing their Ranger Signs.
- Up to four players can play together on certain missions using the Nintendo DS Local Wireless Connection, and discover more about the history of the Oblivia region.
Join forces with Ukulele Pichu.
Utilize the Capture Styler.
Summon powerful Pokémon.
Top Customer Reviews
When I found out a new ranger game was coming out, I was thrilled. I bought it as soon as I got my next Amazon gift card. I started to play as soon as I got it. Most of the new additions were quite fun, for example the primary feature of the game: being able to call back certain Pokemon previously captured. However, there was one feature that I constantly regretted: the change in how Poke assists work. The fact that your only available partner Pokemon was Ukulele Pichu also saddened me.
The game would have met all of my expectations if I had not played Shadows of Almia beforehand. The plot in Guardian Signs is not nearly as intriguing. While Pokemon pinchers offer an exciting opponent, I find the notion of machines controlling Pokemon much more on-the-edge-of-my-seat intense material. Also, there was the fact that you start out as a ranger as opposed to going through ranger school and the trainee process. In this you missed all the fun of exploring the fundamentals of pokemon, rangers, and target clears, and going through the ranger ranks.
The return of Murph was a welcome feature, although he definitely would not be the character of choice to traverse the games. There was one part where Murph attempted a "human target clear" (only shadows of almia fans will appreciate this) and ran at the wall, yelling, "target... CLEAR!!!" After failing, he said, "A ranger I know is really good at that" When he said that, I found myself yelling, "Barlow! Don't say a ranger I know, say Barlow!"
Anyway, if you are the type who skips through all the dialogue, hands down get this product. If you are looking for a more developed plot-line, get Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.
Overall, I have to say this is an amazing game, and I played it nonstop for almost a month trying to clear all the side quests, and just enjoying the story. I would recommend this to anyone who can read (because you need to read to enjoy the game fully and understand all of it), as well as anyone who is a fan, old or new of the rangers or just Pokemon in general. I will never sell this game ever, and I will continue to enjoy it of rears to come.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My son enjoyed the game .. We will definitely use the seller again fir our future purchases .Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
The game arrived in great, playable condition. What I've played so far seems wonderfulPublished 4 months ago by No Publicity
I love this game I had it a long time ago but lost it so I wanted it again. Very good condition and I have a lot of fun and nostalgia playing it♡Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer