Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on November 27, 2013
Bought this like new and so far it works! Soul Silver (and heart gold) is more than the remake of gold and silver... it is like a mesh between yellow version (your 1st pokemon in the party actually walks behind you!) along with the graphics from black and white (3d-esque graphics)! Honestly, I love this game! I've only put in 2 hours so far but I honestly I fell in love with Soul Silver as soon as I played:)

I haven't had any issues with this game yet. I'll report in a week or 2 about the gaming experience... or if the game glitches.

--- update 12/5/13---
I now have 7 badges and haven't had any glitches or blackouts! Props to the seller for being honest about the product.

--- update 3/26/2014 ---
The game still works. Buyer beware that there are counterfeits out there.
on August 21, 2015
This game is fantastic for any Pokemon lover!! Not only does the game add a feature seen only briefly in the 4th generation games and was debuted in the original special Pokemon Yellow, the Pokemon first in your party follows you around and can interact with the environment, often picking up items that can be used later on. This game allows for those who were maybe too young when the original second generation came out to relive some memories, after one has finished the first 8 gyms and has completed the Johto region, it is the possible to travel to the Kanto region and relive the original story there. The game also manages to implement new technology and new areas that were previously unheard of before thus allowing players to connect their games to future generations of Pokemon, the game also adds legendary Pokemon from various other regions, though the Pokedex cannot be completed without cooperation and trading with other players, thus prepetuating the games founding principles of forming bonds.
on September 22, 2013
As a kid, I started off with Ruby being my first Pokemon game. However, I did manage to get my hands on an original Crystal and started playing it. When Soul Silver and Heart Gold came out I said that I had to have it. The graphics are your good Diamond and Pearl ones and the battle speed was fixed from them. (Platinum was fixed for this problem as well) The game story is great, especially the fight with, SPOILER ALERT Red from the original games. His Pokemon are around level 90. As an anniversary of Pokemon Yellow they added any Pokemon to be able to walk with you outside of its Poke ball. I thought this was one of the games greatest aspects as my Shiny Alakazam and Magnezone can appear shiny even as they follow you. The Poke walker is kind of a failed try to get kids to be more active but you can attach it to your dryer and get mad points... Anyway I think this game might be the best Pikemon game made so far. No joke. I'm serious. 10/10
I won't go into all the features of Soul Silver because by and large this is nothing more than an upgrade of previous games. There are zero new Pokemon but there are huge opportunities to fill in gaps in collections. I managed to obtain some of the rarest Pokemon that I've never had a chance to snag before including Mewtwo and Ho-oh. Even many of the non-legendaries that were still tough, if not impossible to get in previous games are available. For me the starter Pokemon may be harder to get than legendaries since you only get your choice of one of three when the game starts with the other two being completely unavailable. One nice thing about Soul Silver is that it gives you a starter Pokemon from Kanto and later in the game one from Johto and one from Hoenn. I managed to get a Cyndaquil, Squirtle and Torchic in one game. None of the ultra-rare event only Pokemon like Mew, Arceus and Celebi are available without, again, going to an event (and I hear a rumor that Mew will be available eventually in a WiFi event that anyone can easily get). So that's it for what's available to those who want to "catch `em all". What I will focus my review on is the one new big feature of the series, that being the Pokewalker.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Pokewalker existence is a direct response to the growing epidemic of child obesity. The big question is whether it's properly designed to meet its goal. I found that the Pokewalker exceeded my expectations and might just open up a new frontier in gaming. The Pokewalker is a pedometer that can also serve as a kind of pseudo Pokeball. In fact it's even designed to resemble a Pokeball except for the fact that it isn't spherical. In order to get your Pokemon into the Pokewalker you need to place it in front of you DS and press a button to connect and the data will stream over. Naturally you can also return your Pokemon and a good day of moving about should raise you Pokemon up a level as well as increase its happiness. As a pedometer the Pokewalker will count the amount of steps you take and store up `watts' that can be traded in for chances at Pokemon or items. Any watts left over when you return your Pokemon to the DS will get saved and when you collect enough watts new areas for walking open up. When I say areas I'm referring to the area that your Pokemon will walk in and the other Pokemon you encounter will differ based on the area you send your Pokemon. For the player, running, biking, riding the elliptical, doing housework, walking to school and so on will generate watts. For ten watts a player has a chance to catch a Pokemon using the three buttons on the Pokewalker. For 3 watts a player can try for an item. Catching a Pokemon is pretty simple and you'll probably succeed more often than fail except in the case of harder Pokemon. Using a Wifi event I opened up a route called Winner's Path and had a heck of a time getting Munchlax, one of the few Pokemon that continues to elude me. There are unlimited balls and any damage to your Pokemon heals at the beginning of each battle. There are three levels of Pokemon per area and the more steps a player accumulate in a day the rarer Pokemon they can catch.

The Pokewalker succeeds because it encourages players to move around quite a bit in a single day in order to get better Pokemon and it encourages them to stay active by having environments that are locked until hundreds of thousands of watts are accumulated. There are just tons of Pokemon available in the Pokewalker including some that are quite difficult to obtain. The best one I saw was Spiritomb but that one requires a whole lot of watts so a player will need to move around quite a bit. There are no legendary Pokemon in the Pokewalker and personally I think it would have been nice if it included something like Celebi although perhaps it's difficult to limit a capture to just one with the Pokewalker which would mean player could conceivably load up on multiple legendaries if one was available. I really can't say whether kids are actually moving about more to capture more Pokemon but this is definitely the kernel of an idea that could take off. It's quite likely that video games bear at least some measure of responsibility for childhood obesity and it's nice to see Nintendo trying to reverse the trend.
on November 2, 2014
Pokemon heart gold and soul silver are the best pokemon remakes. Great graphics,sound track,and improvements. Fire red and leaf green were amazing remakes,but heart gold and soul silver are better. Great gameplay,awesome game.

1.Pokemon stay out of their pokeballs-The pokemon in the front of your team stays out of its pokeball. This is alot like pokemon yellow. Your pokemon can give items sometimes,so talk to it.
2.A story with suicone-Sort of like crystal,heart gold and soul silver has a story with suicone.
3.Pokewalker-You can transfer your pokemon into the pokewalker,and it gains experience by walking around and holding it.
4.Trade wirelessly-Like diamond/pearl/platinum,you can trade wirelessly and trade from diamond/pearl/platinum.
5.Running shoes-The original gold and silver never had running shoes. Now,you can run where ever you want.
6.New legendary pokemon-More legendary pokemon to catch. The honnen trio needs a event by beating the story,and the shino one need an event,too. Not sure if their still able to get. Probley not. But,you can get latias(in heart gold). Or latios.(in soul silver). You can even get mewtwo!!!! And even celabi!!!!(but,that was another,event,not sure if it's still possible to do it).
7.Three starters-the kanto,johto,and honnen starter pokemon are available.
8.Mount.Silver has been remade-Mount.Silver is where the final boss of the story is. Sadly,it's remade into a difficult maze.

Everything is awesome about the gameplay. It's much better then gold and silver. The only problem is,is that the pokemon levels are so low!!!! Real hard to train. Overall,awesome!!!! Best pokemon story!!!! Two regions,16 badges,hundreds of pokemon,and tons of puzzles!!!!

Great graphics!!!! Much more realistic then other pokemon games. Awesome quality,color,and effects. Best graphics for a pokemon DS game.

Yes,this game is hard. Clair,the 8th gym leader,is so HARRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!! It took me forever to beat her. Morty,the 4th gym leader,....HE'S SO ANNOYING!!!! ALL HE DOES IS HYPNOSIS AND DREAM EATER!!!! And then,lance....I've played the original pokemon silver,lance was a pain. His dragonites drive me crazy!!!! He has to be strong in this one.(never made it to lance in the remakes). Overall,hard game,but still great.

Awesome music!!!! Best pokemon soundtrack ever!!!! The remix of the kanto wild pokemon theme is awesome!!!! So is lances and reds theme. The music for the game beats the new music!!!!

Overall,this game is amazing. This is one of the best,pokemon games. Highly recommended to anyone who never played gold or silver. Wonderful remake,of a beloved classic. One of nintendos greatest remakes.
on October 11, 2015
Awesome game, there are so many things to do and explore, plus the YouTube clips (and walkthroughs). Was a little surprised when I found out
from some of the clips that the Arceus pokemon was available as a (real world) event only, which expired a few years ago, because there is
provision in the game for additional content based on Arceus. Oh well, I guess that is what happens when you arrive late to the party!

By the way, I have not finished the game, I started Pokemon Platinum Version because that is where Arceus (and Giratina) make their first
on January 21, 2015
i did not think that pokemon silver for the ds can beat pokemon silver for gameboy color but they did. pokemon gold was my game boy color game but my ds version silver because i wanted to try the other version since i was a kid. the game is really good because you can take your pokemon out like in the yellow vesion and you can interact with them. almost all the pokemon are included in the game and the walker is good but i used it only in one college class when the professor was repeating the laws of physics because some one said what are you talking about but it count your steps so i liked that. i recommend it but the price is kind of high but you can get game cartage only.
on December 28, 2015
Rock Gamers (Or what ever it's called) I did recieve this today as Amazon is making a large estimation but still It's already great, Not even an hour played and my pokemon is almost evolved once because i am a grind master But yes it is in GREAT condition only weird thing was there was still a save on it but that was taken care of i kinda like having a fair chance at the game playing it from start to finish on my own

But it is not a complaint i do love the game it's astounding so far Hopefully having ordered Platinum from you as well it'll be just as great and fun (Even though i didn't much care for that gen of pokemon) Still the games are fun and it's REALLY something to do, Lovin every second of it
on April 15, 2015
One of the best Pokemon games I've ever played. I remember not liking Silver as much as Blue, but this remake is remarkable. I've played all of the main series pokemon games, and even after Black, X, and Omega Ruby came out, this still holds up as one of the most fun I have played. Much better than Diamond and totally worth playing even though it is dated now.
on June 13, 2014
What can I say, really? It's Pokemon. If you've played any other Pokemon game, you know how the formula works.

So, let me talk about what they added in this game that makes me like it so much.

Pokemon followers.

Being able to have any of my Pokemon follow me around on the overworld and interact with me and the area around us. Their actions change depending on their nature, the area you're in, and how much of a friendship the two of you have. My favorite one so far was when my Espeon got cold and so she snuggled up against me. It just adds so much character to the monsters.

There are other good things too, but as Crystal was my first Pokemon game, most of what I like probably has something to do with Nostalgia.

There are a lot of better reviews on this site, so please, check them out for more detail.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.