Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 21, 2015
This game is fantastic for any Pokemon lover!! Not only does the game add a feature seen only briefly in the 4th generation games and was debuted in the original special Pokemon Yellow, the Pokemon first in your party follows you around and can interact with the environment, often picking up items that can be used later on. This game allows for those who were maybe too young when the original second generation came out to relive some memories, after one has finished the first 8 gyms and has completed the Johto region, it is the possible to travel to the Kanto region and relive the original story there. The game also manages to implement new technology and new areas that were previously unheard of before thus allowing players to connect their games to future generations of Pokemon, the game also adds legendary Pokemon from various other regions, though the Pokedex cannot be completed without cooperation and trading with other players, thus prepetuating the games founding principles of forming bonds.
One person found this helpful
on September 22, 2013
As a kid, I started off with Ruby being my first Pokemon game. However, I did manage to get my hands on an original Crystal and started playing it. When Soul Silver and Heart Gold came out I said that I had to have it. The graphics are your good Diamond and Pearl ones and the battle speed was fixed from them. (Platinum was fixed for this problem as well) The game story is great, especially the fight with, SPOILER ALERT Red from the original games. His Pokemon are around level 90. As an anniversary of Pokemon Yellow they added any Pokemon to be able to walk with you outside of its Poke ball. I thought this was one of the games greatest aspects as my Shiny Alakazam and Magnezone can appear shiny even as they follow you. The Poke walker is kind of a failed try to get kids to be more active but you can attach it to your dryer and get mad points... Anyway I think this game might be the best Pikemon game made so far. No joke. I'm serious. 10/10
2 people found this helpful
on December 28, 2015
Rock Gamers (Or what ever it's called) I did recieve this today as Amazon is making a large estimation but still It's already great, Not even an hour played and my pokemon is almost evolved once because i am a grind master But yes it is in GREAT condition only weird thing was there was still a save on it but that was taken care of i kinda like having a fair chance at the game playing it from start to finish on my own

But it is not a complaint i do love the game it's astounding so far Hopefully having ordered Platinum from you as well it'll be just as great and fun (Even though i didn't much care for that gen of pokemon) Still the games are fun and it's REALLY something to do, Lovin every second of it
on April 15, 2015
One of the best Pokemon games I've ever played. I remember not liking Silver as much as Blue, but this remake is remarkable. I've played all of the main series pokemon games, and even after Black, X, and Omega Ruby came out, this still holds up as one of the most fun I have played. Much better than Diamond and totally worth playing even though it is dated now.
2 people found this helpful
on October 7, 2014
I, for one, am happy that this is not just a remake of a classic game (my old game color game was stolen from me!) but also that they added many new things to it and gave it an upgrade. There is the Safari Zone in this-where you can find lots of cool and rare Pokémon, and there are also lots of Pokémon from other generations added to this-and, while this is a minor thing, the graphics are vastly improved. I loved this when I was a kid, and am glad to see it is back and better then ever. I absolutely love that there are 16 badges in this game, and love the challenge of it, and I love stomping that red haired punk Silver like he deserves! He is one of the greatest rivals in all of Pokémon, the only one being better is Gary Oak! I hope everyone decides to buy this game. If you want better prices, though, try Ebay, as prices on this here are rather ridiculous and insane and frankly, greedy. I wish there was another Pokémon game just like this-except without HMs, as I hate those and they should be done away with. Also, you do fight Team Rocket in this one!
on October 14, 2017
The best way to enhance your game is with a pokewalker I have one the I lost now have it again thanks to this purchase better than the Game Boy version more stuff and more Pokemon
on November 10, 2014
Because it has SO much content and the game play is addictive and the music OMG the MUSIC brings eargasm to my ear.
These Gen 2 Remakes of Gold and Silver are not only some of the best Pokemon games, but IMO, one of the best games of all time. Recommend for all ages, and yes that include adults. Please try it out and don't be discourage because of insecurity if you're an adult because this game along with HeartGold are worth it if you like RPG and are a gamer.
on January 11, 2011
I remember playing Pokemon Red on my Gameboy Pocket when it came out, just to put things into perspective. Red became red and blue, gold and silver, ruby and sapphire, diamond and pearl and I dont even consider myself a fan of pokemon and yet have played each installment along the way. Simply put Pokemon puts a new take on many popular leveling and party based RPG mechanics. As with most RPGs, you get to level a character or characters along the way, well in pokemon there are 100 levels and it takes quite some time to get there, so there is plenty to work towards. On top of that, each pack has roughly 150 pokemon (often some are new with certain ones from older generations making cameos) to catch until you unlock the ability to trade ones from other packs and unlock however many the current total is. Simply put the ability to catch hundreds of different characters with different abilities, type combinations and moves amounts to lots and lots of possibilities. That open-endedness combined with a very linear but not dull storyline puts most other RPGs to shame. Plenty of options but hard to get lost.

In a nutshell, the graphics and storyline are very PG so dont expect more, but the game mechanics behind it are top notch and what makes the game so addictive.

That being said there are a few things about silver worth noting.

The pokemon in your top slot follows you around. Ever since yellow I wished I could walk around with my starter or other favorite pokemon. Wish granted. Functionally its pretty much irrelevant but is a very fun touch added to the game. Lets just hope they still follow you around for black and white.

The graphics are on par with Diamond and Pearl. The map is still a tile based grid, and everything is from a top down view, but compared with the previous generations it is a very lush experience.
One person found this helpful
on March 22, 2012
Years ago, this Pokemon Silver was the first pokemon game I ever played, then came Crystal. The remake of this game is completely incredible! They add that twist where your pokemon follows you, if you remembered from Pokemon Yellow where your pikachu followed you? Then thats what you get now, except the pokemon in the lead will follow you! WHich is alot of fun.

The soundtrack is very, if not, similar to the original Silver which made me completely happy when I first started playing this game. Every quest, mission, pokemon, tricks, etc is by far amazing! I know there may be a few skeptics out there that say that the original pokemons, like Red, Blue, and Yellow, are the best, but seriously! Give Gold and Silver a chance!

As stated before! If you have a DS, THEN I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR YOU TO GET THIS GAME! THIS IS A MUST, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR A HUGE POKEMON FAN! And if you don't have a DS, then what are you waiting for??! Get a DS and buy this Game! It will give you massive amount of playing time and you won't regret a single minute of your life playing this game! I am positive!
on September 19, 2016
Definitely a clone, not brand new or any other condition you'd like to buy. The label is slightly fuzzy, the DS recognizes the cartridge as some spongebob game, and there's a ROM menu to start up the game. It also arrived super late, and I couldn't contact anyone in the meantime.
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.