Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Poky Little Puppy (A Little Golden Book Classic) Hardcover – April 1, 2001
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Inside Flap
One of the original 12 Little Golden Books, The Poky Little Puppy has sold nearly 15 million copies since 1942, making it one of the most popular children's books of all time. Now this curious little puppy is ready to win the hearts and minds of a new generation of kids.
From the Back Cover
Children have loved Little golden Books, For over 50 years. they have written their names inside each front cover and pored over the colorful pictures. Parents have shared Golden Moments with their children, reading such classics as the Poky little puppy. Thanks to the happy hours spent with the books many children have developed a lifelong love of reading.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
1) First of all, the binder's board used on the front and back cover is much thicker (and consequently more durable) than the original edition.
2) The cover material (front, back and spine) is a single piece. The cover material wraps around the binder's board and is held in place by the front and back endsheets. This will virtually eliminate any peeling of the cover over time.
3) I'm not certain what weight the paper is that was used throughout the book, but it is a much heavier paper than the original edition. This should minimize if not eliminate tears caused by young children. In addition, the semi-gloss paper makes it more stain resistant.
4) Moreover, the pages are held together using the smyth sewn binding process, which means each signature spread is sewn together using binders thread. This is the highest quality bookbinding method available and virtually eliminates the possiblity of pages ever coming loose.
5) Finally, there is a 4-page addendum entitled "The Story of 'The Pokey Little Puppy'" that includes a photo of both the author and the illustrator. It's worth noting that even though the book has gone on to sell millions of copies, Janette Sebring Lowrey was paid a flat fee of $75 for writing the story.
When my children were young, I paid less than a dollar for Little Golden Books. They now list for $3.99. So, this anniversary edition isn't all that pricey; and for the added features, it's a bargain. My grandson will love it!
VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Thanks to Amazon's less-than-stellar packaging (reported to them) a corner of the book had a small bend in it, but that didn't affect how great this story is. Pages are nice and thick, will take a little work to get the creases worn in so they flip a bit smoother.
Grand-kids love it when I visit and read a book to go to sleep. It is the perfect way to get them to relax, either for nap or bed. Gives nice subject to dream about too.
I will be introducing more older books to my daughter along with the newer books available. I did the same with my older children and that helped to broaden their reading options.