- Wireless ECG accurate heart rate with Polar OwnCode (5kHz) to prevent cross-talk from other heart rate monitors
- Target heart rate zones with visual and audible alarms
- Graphical comparison of heart rate and speed
- Heart rate measurements: maximum of total and each lap, average of total
- Wireless cycling measurements: Speed (current, average and max); trip; distance
- Calorie consumption rate per kilometer
- Wheel size settings for two bicycles, speed sensor installation for different fork shapes
- Automatic lap recording (up to 50 laps) with exercise date
- Exercise file info page with date and time
- Semi-automatic backlighting
- Water resistance to 10 meters (protects against rain and splashes)
- SpeedPointer: Points out the difference between average speed/pace and actual speed/pace on the display by up/down arrows.
- Estimated Time of Arrival: Set the distance you are going to ride, and your cycling computer calculates the estimated time of arrival based on your cycling speed.
- Polar OwnCal: Shows your energy expenditure during one exercise session as well as your accumulated kilocalories during several exercise sessions. Because the OwnCal tracks both the energy expenditure during one exercise session and the accumulated kilocalories during a longer time e.g. one week, it helps in achieving both short term and long term goals.
- Cycling Economy/Intensity: Enables you to foresee your calorie expenditure and secure sufficient intake on a long ride. This feature is also useful for comparing and analyzing the loads of various training types.
- Compatible with Polar T31 and Polar T61 coded transmitters
The original purchaser of this heart rate monitor is backed by a limited warranty that states that this product that the product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for two years from the date of purchase.
Polar heart rate monitors are precision instruments; consumers are not advised to change their own battery. Polar recommends that all service be done by an authorized Polar Service Center which will include a warranty for 90 days on repairs and 6 months for batteries.
The first EKG accurate wireless heart rate monitor was invented by Polar back in 1977 as a training tool for the Finnish National Cross Country Ski Team. The concept of "intensity training" by heart rate swept the athletic world in the eighties. By the 1990s, individuals were looking to heart rate monitors not only for performance training needs, but also for achieving everyday fitness goals. Today, the same concept of heart rate training is being used by world-class athletes as well as everyday people trying to lose weight. Polar is the leading brand among consumers, coaches, and personal trainers worldwide and the company is committed to not only producing the best products, but also being the leading educator on the benefits of heart rate based exercise.