Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,180 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,587 reviews
on November 2, 2016
This book and movie are an obsession for my little boy. He would have me read him this every night before bed all year if I didn't tell him that Santa took it back to the north pole (along with all the other Christmas books) when he brought the presents. He still insists on watching the movie several times a week, because I wasn't slick enough to hide that. We're also going to ride the Texas State Railroad Polar Express ride this year, because the only thing he asked for for Christmas was to ride a train. He'll be 4 in December, so the magic is still very much alive for him.
on February 16, 2016
Every "th" from "the" was missing from the print! Really annoying. The 2nd time I've bought an ebook and had print missing.
review image
on May 16, 2017
I bought a physical copy of this book for a nephew's 1st Christmas. I remember my parents reading it to me during Christmas time as a child and really treasure the memories. I'm not sure if a kindle version would be able to really do it justice. Van Allsburg's writing is concise, but descriptive. Paired with the beautiful illustrations, this book creates an atmosphere of eerie wonder and calm that few books are able to achieve.

I still have the original copy of this book that my family purchased in the 90's. My parents are very tidy and aren't ones for keeping things. Most of my childhood books have been donated or gifted to younger cousins. Our copy of The Polar Express was placed in the keepsake box.

My nephew's family had never heard of The Polar Express when I gifted it to them, though it seemed well received. I asked the family to write a message to the nephew on the inside of the book's covers; these well-wishes will become his "first gifts of Christmas" when he's older and reading the book with his parents. I'm really glad they did. Last month, the nephew's great-grandmother unexpectedly passed away. He'll be able to read her Christmas wish to him growing up.
on December 23, 2015
My 1yr old and 3yr old are obsessed with the movie. I didn't know how the book would be or if it would be age appropriate for their age. But it's amazing. Beautiful big pictures, great story, and it came with their very own Christmas ornament. It's going to be a great gift on Christmas morning.
review image review image review image review image
on May 5, 2017
Beautiful Garrison Keillor narration is tender and a serious favorite of my students! The album includes just the music sound track, and my foreign language students rewrote the script taking dictation from Mr. Keillor, and then re-recorded their pages in front of a camera for presentation in their language classes. Great Project, and really beautiful purchase. Note: some computers might not be backward compatible to play this disc.
on July 27, 2014
This is just a really great Christmas book. This, like a lot of people I'm sure, was unknown to me until after the movie. Well we've been fans of the movie for quite a few holiday seasons now, and my daughter loves reading and getting read to, so I figured we'd pick it for last Christmas. We are packing it away with the Christmas stuff, so as to not spoil a good thing.
The story is not very long, and I think the people that made the movie did an amazing job taking what was in the story and extending it to a 1.5 hour movie. Despite the size the story is great. And the artwork in this book is truly masterful.
This, after only one holiday season so far, has already become one of our favorite holiday books to read.
on December 18, 2016
With our first child being born this year I want to begin some holiday traditions. This story will be a part of those traditions for years to come as I plan to read this book on Christmas Eve to my daughter. The illustrations are wonderful and I love this book.

The only issue I encountered was the book arrived damaged, torn dust jacket and mark on hard cover. In the end I guess it wasn't enough for me to send it back and deal with the hassle of a return. This does not effect the use of the book at all, which is a great purchase!
on January 16, 2016
A beautifully illustrated book...BUT- I must warn those who are excited about the so-called "collectors ornament" included in this 30th Anniversary edition. It is a piece of junk! At first glance it looks like a nice, brass, laser cut ornament. But considering the ornament actually ripped while I was adding a wire to hang it from our christmas tree, I'm guessing its some kind of foiled cardboard-not certain but the metallic was starting to peel as soon as I ran my hand over the edge...***To be clear--ONLY the ornament is junk-Not-the Book itself. The actual Book is beautiful and since my nephews can't read yet they don't know there was supposed to be an ornament included (stated on the front red bow)...book is beautiful-trash the ornament.
on May 30, 2017
My favorite book as a kid...And still my favorite today (and I'm an adult) this book is full of magic and anyone that read it as a kid knows what I mean. It's great to pass it down to younger generations and watch them experience the magic as well
on December 28, 2016
This was one of my favorite books growing up. I was shocked when I learned that my best friend had never read it and therefore her son knew nothing of it either. I clearly had to put a stop to this madness and buy it for them. The artwork is just as stunning as I remember and the story is just as magical. I honestly didn't even realize that it came with an ornament which is an absolutely beautiful bonus. I loved it so much that I bought one for my boyfriend as well. They did a really wonderful job with this anniversary addition. Needless to say, everyone is in love with the book. I mean, how could they not be? It's a must have!