Polar FS2C Heart Rate Monitor
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Wrist-mounted heart rate monitor with sleek black housing
- Reads average heart rate, max heart rate, and exercise time
- Target zone heart rate indicator with audible and visual alarms
- OwnCode technology blocks nearby crosstalk signals
- Includes T31 coded transmitter; water-resistant to 50 meters
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The Polar FS2c heart rate monitor builds on the successful FS2 model by adding OwnCode coded transmission with the included T31C coded chest transmitter. The FS2c provides an awesome balance of features and price, perfect for the first time user who frequently works out in group settings with other heart rate monitor users.
Get your fitness up and running with the Polar FS2c wrist-mounted heart rate monitor. The FS2c is a breeze to use, with a wide variety of heart rate functions that tell you just how well your workout is progressing. The watch starts by wirelessly reading your heart rate, with measurements for your average heart rate, maximum heart rate, and exercise time. The watch also includes audible and visual alarms that tell you when your heart rate exceeds or falls under your target zone. As a result, you'll know whether you should speed up or slow down to get the most from your workout. And users who regularly work out in crowded gyms will appreciate Polar's OwnCode technology, which blocks unwanted crosstalk signals from other heart rate monitors nearby.
Other features include HeartTouch button-free operation; an oversized display with a built-in backlight; a date and weekday indicator; 12/24-hour time displays with an integrated alarm; and a water-resistant housing to 50 meters. The Polar FS2c comes with a Polar T31 coded chest belt transmitter.
Polar invented the first EKG accurate wireless heart rate monitor back in 1977 as a training tool for the Finnish National Cross Country Ski Team. The concept of "intensity training" by heart rate swept the athletic world in the '80s. By the 1990s, individuals were looking to heart rate monitors not only for performance training needs, but also for achieving everyday fitness goals. Today, heart rate training is employed by world-class athletes as well as everyday people trying to lose weight, and Polar is the leading heart rate monitor brand among consumers, coaches, and personal trainers worldwide. The company is committed to not only producing the best products, but also being the leading educator on the benefits of heart rate based exercise.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
1. So far in my tests/compares, It has provided accurate HR .
2. It was a pleasant surprise when almost all of the aerobic excercise machines (those I worked out on) in my gym picked up the signal from the transmitter and showed the data just as if I am holding the machine's sensor.
3. No issues with chest hair as mentioned in reviews for other models. I never had any problem in this regard though I have reasonable chest hair.
4. If you bring the watch close to the chest transmitter, it automatically switches to other modes (from HR display to Time display etc). I found this to be very useful as I need not slow down or do any additional thing to switch modes.
Looks like one needs to send this out to factory even for battery replacement. So, for all practical purposes, I consider that once the battery life is gone, the monitor is useless.. Having said that, even if this works for an year or so, It is worth the money, IMO.
You need to watch out for the model if you need additional features (Calories calculator etc).
Summary: This is a good reliable basic heart rate monitor. If you intend to use this while working out on aerobic exercise machines (and assuming they show burnt calories etc), this would be a good choice.
Strap is plenty big and comfortable. it says "m" (medium?) on it but it has no problem fitting my 46" chest.
Good product. just note that the battery is not replaceable so once this thing goes you will probably have to send it back in or get another one.
- The one button operation is easy to use and the button is large enough
- The display is large and easy to read
- It's backlit (ie it lights up at night - on demand)
- The awesome feature where you can just place the watch directly in front of the chest strap (while wearing it) and the watch will toggle between heart rate, time and even the back-light - yes the back-light too! Meaning while your working out at night, just pass the watch in front of the chest strap and the the watch will light up for a few seconds -- awesome!
- The watch is not bulky nor dainty
- It's truly waterproof (I have swam many laps in the pool with it and the readings were perfect)
- The chest strap is very comfortable and the sensor is small, sleek, and like the watch, it's waterproof.
The So So:
- If you have large wrists, the watch may not fit... Mine is being worn on the second to the last hole.
The watch would physically look appropriate for a man, woman, older boy/teenager, but might look too big or masculine for a young girl.
You can safely buy this watch and be happy!!