Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 4, 2007
I bought this heart rate monitor because I wanted a simple monitor that only tells me my heart rate without other bells & whistles. I use it at my fitness center while on an elipitcal cross trainer & it will send my heart rate to the display on the machine as well as the wrist watch. So I do not to have to use the machine grips to pick up my heart rate which is great because the heart rate picked up through the grips on the cross trainer is not all that accurate. And it does not interfere with other nearby machines.
on November 9, 2006
This set works fine as a set (a transmitter and a monitor watch) but the transmitter also works with some of the treadmills. My husband tried at home (Nautilus T516) and the gym, and both of the treadmill's display panel picked up the signal from the transmitter (So he has a spare for his treadmill).

It is very easy to use but if you have a dry skin, the transmitter may not pick up your heart rate well. In that case, you can fix it by simply moist (sweat) the back of the transmitter.
on July 8, 2006
I've had this about 5 weeks to regulate the intensity of my exercise workout -- roller skating in a rink. It displays only the pulse rate, making it simple to interpret the big numerals on the wrist watch.

After two workout sessions, I was moderating my exertions to within the acceptable range on my own, only occasionally looking at the watch.

According to the supplied age/pulse-rate/intensity-zone chart, I had been working out too hard previously. Now it's very easy for me to stay within a safe range.
on May 9, 2007
This F1 Polar works great. I use it at the health club on the machines and it reads your HR very well. I should have gotten one a lot sooner. Measuring your work is the best way to exersize. You can not over do it or under do it with this heart rate monitor. Excellent price, and a no brainer to use. I am going to buy another one for my wife.
on February 26, 2006
The Polar B1 is easy to put on and the chest strap is comfortable. It sometimes takes a couple of "wettings" of the chest part with water to get the watch part pulse to read out.The area where a few drops of water goes could be better labled.

But the digital readout is large size and easy to read and it does what it says it will.

I am very satisfied-I like staying in my training rate and not getting my pulse too high.

Chris E.
on March 15, 2007
This heart rate monitor is OK. It is slow to turn on. I have to push the on button several times. When it is first turned on, it will read a ridiculous high heart rate, then will eventually settle down to read correctly. For just a basic heart rate monitor, I prefer the original Polar Beat. But this one works OK.
on March 14, 2007
I have to work out for 45 minutes 4 times a week while all the while keeping my heart rate in the correct range, so this little heart rate monitor works great for me. Since the display is in the form of a wristwatch, it's easy to read; and the chest band actually is not uncomfortable as I had feared.
on March 19, 2007
This monitor is a good value, it works very well, and, best of all, it's extremely simple to operate. When I'm exercising intensely, the last thing I want to do is fiddle around with a complicated piece of electronic machinery. This monitor is the best!
on March 3, 2005
Great price, a snap to get started, easy to read display, comfortable chest strap. A "must-have" if you are serious about your exercise. I am amazed at the improvement in the quality of my workouts.
on May 14, 2007
The band on this and all Polar units are 8 inches. I needed at leadt a 11 inch band. I had to go out and buy a band that would fit my wrist. Must be made for little people only. Otherwise unit functions fine.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.