Polar M450 GPS Bike Computer
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Tracks your cycling speed, distance and route
- Includes integrated GPS and precision barometer. Changeable color covers lets you customize the M450 to match your bike
- Includes Polar H7 heart RATE sensor for heart RATE guidance and unique training features such as training load and recovery time
- Compatible with Polar Bluetooth smart cycling accessory sensors. Includes Smart visibility front LED light for safety
- Generates personalized feedback and guidance to optimize training. Syncs to the free Polar Flow app and web service for workout planning, Strava connection and more.
- Display size: 3.5cm x 3.5cm
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Flow app and web service
Plan, sync and get feedback on your rides easily and on the go.
- Feedback and analysis
- Wireless sync with Bluetooth Smart
- Connect your Flow account with Strava
Polar M450 Bike Computer
Designed for your needs
The M450 delivers the information you need, fast. All the crucial elements of a modern bike computer are there, including a fast acquisition GPS, a high precision barometer, Bluetooth Smart sensor compatibility and more. See all the features it has to offer.
- Small but powerful: M450 weighs only 51 grams and can record 12 hours of data, including your heart rate and GPS location
- Smart Coaching training guidance
- Heart rate guidance with Polar H7
- Fitness and Orthostatic Tests
- Training Load and Recovery Time
- Smart visibility front LED light for safety
- Battery duration up to 12 hours of training with heart rate and GPS on
- Rechargeable battery
- Integrated GPS and precision barometer
- Changeable color covers to match your bike and gear
- Connect your Flow account with Strava to share M450 rides with friends in Strava
Set the wheels into motion with its integrated GPS and barometer, and track your speed, distance and route. The M450 helps you find your way home with the Back to Start feature.
Track your Ride
Customize with Cycling Sensors
Match it Up!
Match your M450 with your bike using an interchangeable color cover. Choose from one of three colors. Color covers sold separately, not included.
Training Load and Recovery Time
Shows how your training affects your body and helps you compare the training load of different workouts. With recovery status the M450 helps you find the perfect balance between training and rest and shows a true picture of your status before getting out there again. Continuous monitoring will help you recognize your personal limits, adjust your training and avoid over and under training.
Use the Orthostatic Test feature to determine your current fitness level. Repeat the test regularly to learn what affects your heart rate and how much recovery time you need. You can also test your aerobic fitness using the Fitness Test. Test yourself regularly to see how much you’re improving.
Provides motivating feedback immediately after your ride describing the effect of your training session.
The M450 can be conveniently recharged via a standard micro USB cable. In training mode, when using heart rate and GPS recording, the battery life is approximately 12 hours.
Style: With Heart Rate
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The M450's display is black and white, but is very visible in bright sunlight. The M450 is better than the V650 as far as visibility in bright light - however the V650 is not bad.
The M450 works with speed and cadence sensors and heart rate monitors. We use the Wahoo Blue SC speed and cadence sensor and the Polar H7 heart rate monitor. (I have another bike with the Polar speed and candies sensor, which I like better than the Wahoo Blue SC, as the Wahoo can get knocked out of position too easily.)
We find the GPS locks on super fast with the V650, and the M450 takes a half minute or minute longer to lock on. We find the GPS for both the V650 and M450 works flawlessly. In fact, you can use either bike computer without a speed and cadence sensor and the GPS will give you very accurate speed and distance traveled data. You need the speed and cadence sensor to get "incline" (slope of the road grade), but we found the incline measurement is not very accurate, so we don't bother with it. Both bike computers record elevation with a barometer. We find that elevation data is pretty accurate as long as you calibrate before each ride. with eh internal barometer, you are able to track how many feet of elevation you climb or descend.
We sync the M450 to Polar Flow online and record all of our bike rides. We find Polar Flow to be excellent and have tracked hundreds of rides and workouts in Flow.
Bottom line, get the M450 to save money. It can do just about everything the V650 can do. Get the V650 if you want a bigger, less fiddly device that is easier to set up and change settings.
The only feature that I really feel should be added is the ability to have the device scroll through the pages automatically, and be able to set the time interval to stay on each page (eg scroll through each page every 5 seconds). Sometimes when I'm riding I don't feel comfortable taking my hand off the handlebars to scroll to a different page so this would help make the M450 truly hands-free. I bought this cyclocomputer thinking it would have this feature and was disappointed to find that it doesn't. The only other issue I have with it is that it takes the thermometer far too long to adjust. I store the M450 inside, and when I put it on my bike on a 40 degree day, it takes 15-20 minutes to finally adjust from 72 degrees in my house to the actual outside temperature. Kind of a weird problem, and not a huge deal, but just annoying.
Also, I wish that the M450 would sync with my phone without having to pull out my phone, unlock it and open the Polar Flow app. Once again, not a deal breaker (for me anyways) but not super convenient. I was going to buy the V650, but the lack of mobile syncing was a deal breaker for me. It's strange that the lower-end model in Polar's range would support smartphone syncing but the higher-end model doesn't, but I digress.
Overall, I really like the M450. I'm a cycling beginner, so being able to track my heart rate/speed/elevation and map my route really helps motivate me to beat yesterday's stats.
This bike computer is exactly what I needed. I did tons of research, read tons of professional and enthusiast reviews. Finally settle on this one because it fit my use case + what I was willing to pay for + good reviews.
* easy to setup
* easy to pair with sensors and mobile devices (see notice above if you're having issues)
* very clever mount that easy to install and rock solid
* No-nonsense screen displays, no gimmicks, just the data you want to see
* very light weight and great battery life.
* Polarflow website looks rather pretty but lacks depth and data insight.
* The buttons and the function they perform dependent on context is not entirely clear and takes a little bit of time to get used to it.
Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase and would recommend to a friend in a heartbeat.
The not so great...
The mount is not great,i used zip ties to secure it which made it suck less. The connection is solid it's just that the mount always twists and doesn't stay in place. The display data is a little limited to 4 items, one per line. Heart rate, cadence and average speed all need separate lines. My old $40 cateye had an up down arrow that indicated If I was faster or slower than my average speed and I really miss not having that . You can at least customize the screen to best fit your needs.
Most recent customer reviews
I will start with the good.Read more