BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Jessi James decker Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Polar Obsession
Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 29, 2017
Binding fell apart almost immediately. Great photos.
on July 18, 2017
This is a wonderful book
on November 17, 2009
Beautiful and inspiring almost beyond words Paul Nicklen has produced a book that stays in the minds eye long after the first look.
I no doubt will dream of seals and bears for weeks to come.
Well written and photographed with a skill and passion expected of a National Geographic photographer Paul Nicklen has really done it proud. What I wouldnt give to have been there myself is the feeling you get. What more could you ask for in a book?
on April 28, 2010
I got this as a gift and it was a fantastic success. The pictures are gorgeous and the text is interesting, its truly a one of a kind book. I did a lot of research and this book contains photos you cant find anywhere else...

TIP: If you know someone who likes narwhals, this will leave them speechless...don't even look at anything else, this is what you should buy for them.

I HIGHLY recommend this book. As an animal lover with a great appreciation for photography, I consider this to be one of my all time best Amazon purchases.
on March 27, 2014
Fantastic! Loved it!

I enjoyed reading this book so much. I was sad when I finished it.

The book has gorgeous photographs and interesting text. I particulary enjoyed the part about a leopard seal trying to feed Paul Nicklen. It was also very interesting to learn about life and survival in the polar regions.
on February 11, 2010
This book has some amazing shots of some magnificent animals, mammals and birds. I bought this for my dad for christmas because he loves National Geographic, as well as nature and wildlife. He is a long time Alaska resident and worked on the water for many years. I found him lost in this book many nights when I was home for christmas.I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who appreciates photography and wildlife. Polar Obsession
on March 30, 2010
Paul Nicklen is one amazing man and an outstanding photographer. The book is such a superb quality item that I highly recommend it to anyone into wildlife, animals, photography, adventure or whatever gets you going. Not only does it contain loads of beautiful images but these also come with very interesting texts and explanations. I am very happy that books like these exist! Thank you Paul!
on February 6, 2010
Heard the author on NPR and bought it as a Christmas present to my husband and myself. It is a beautiful coffee table book; it is quite large (approx16x13),so it would not travel easily. The pictures are awesome! From listening to the author on NPR he tells how the pictures are taken, which is amazing! I have just started reading it and I am sure it will be well worth the read. A in AZ.
on July 24, 2014
Beautiful photographs, amazing stories... one of the books of its type, ever. Never get tired of the amazing pictures, especially of the leopard seals! Unbelievable!
on December 5, 2014
The book wasn't in perfect conditions, although that was part of the deal, the pictures inside are just awesome and they are worth it.