Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on May 13, 2014
I bought this to use on my DJI Phantom II with the Zenmuse Gimbal. I wanted to get rid of the horizontal lines caused be the rotor blades and the sun as well as some occasional jello in the GoPro video. It did the trick perfectly and the video I have recorded since adding the lens has been clear of both. It fits nicely and seems decently made and should hold up with a little careful handling. I was initially worried because it added forward weight to the GoPro causing it to tilt badly forward. However when I turned on the Phantom the gimbal straightened it up fine and handled the weight. I've only used it a short time but it it proves to be durable, it will be perfect.
99 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2015
Helpful tip for GoPro shooters. Make sure you're shooting with the following settings.
ProTune: On
ISO limit: 400 (Hero3+/4 only)

Setting ISO limit is key in order to have this work correctly. Otherwise the camera will just gain up to compensate for the lack of light, and give you a noisier image. Plus, shooting in ProTune is always better since you get 45mb/sec instead of 35.
on December 7, 2014
Just mounted on the camera it makes a really good Neutral Density filter. It works. Doesn't color cast the footage like some cheap ND's will do creating a color correction nightmare in post

BUT if you're doing aerial footage, with say a DJI Phantom and H3-3D gimbal, this is not the ND to use. It's really too big for the GoPro and adds too much weight that could ruin your gimbal motors as they try to compensate and counter balance the filter. The surface area is WAY to large and causes excessive wind resistance so again putting too much strain on the gimbal.

If you just want an ND for car or bike mounted shots with a suction cup it works great.
on May 29, 2015
This fit my Hero 3+ stock case a little loose and I had to put a piece of tape around the lens housing to add friction, but this is a really nice filter for using on an airplane. In bright daylight the prop was still smooth and blurred. No ugly lines.
on April 1, 2015
Yes. Just......yes! This is a must buy for anyone with a gopro hero 3+ or Hero 4. I use this to reduce the shakiness in aerial video. Definitely happy about this purchase!
on September 28, 2016
Fits snugly onto the GoPro and does exactly what it's supposed to.
on January 3, 2015
I've only used it a few times but it does seem to help reduce the jello effect on my footage. My only issue is that it seems to degrade image quality a bit. It could be that i'm using it on a gopro 3 silver edition but, until I can use a GoPro with higher resolutions I guess I won't really know. I guess you have to decide if you want sharp but wobbly footage, or stable less-sharp footage.
on September 15, 2015
What a great filter for the GoPro. If you're using this on a UAV gimbal, you'll want to make sure to add some counterweights to balance it so as not to overwork the gimbal motors.
on February 21, 2015
If using on Zenmuse H3-3D, you'll want to counterbalance with a heavy washer or other weight. It may work for you w/o but I found mine was far happier once I tucked a 1.5" brass washer on the back side under the rubber bands holding my GoPro. Also, makes footage from midday and brighter conditions far more likely to not be awful with a high shutter speed.
on September 18, 2015
Works great for lowering the shutter speed in bright daylight thus eliminating the shakes and jello effect on my dji phantom!