Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Polar RC3 GPS Sports Watch
|Price:||$149.32 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Wristband Size : 9 " . NOTE - Measurements taken from the LAST HOLE to the END OF RUBBER next to buckle (not from end to end).
- All in one GPS monitor tracks your speed, distance and route using the latest GPS technology (SiRFstar IV)
- Slim and lightweight design with rechargeable battery (12 hours in continuous use with GPS on)
- Unique Polar Smart Coaching features such as Running Index and Training Benefit analyze your training (optional H2 heart rate sensor needed)
- Shows GPS - based altitude during and after training
- Compatible with running and cycling sensors plus polarpersonaltrainer.com, our free training diary where you can download endurance training programs
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Click here for a larger image
RC3 GPS - A Smarter All-In-One
The RC3 GPS is the smarter all-in-one. It's packed with unique Smart Coaching training features that will help maximize your performance.
Slim and Lightweight
The RC3 GPS has a super slim profile, built-in GPS and rechargeable battery with up to 12 hours of usage time.
GPS-based Altitude and More
In addition to speed and distance, the RC3 GPS shows altitude while training. After your workout, download your data into polarpersonaltrainer.com to see your route map along with altitude and pace. Your total ascent and descent will also be shown here.
Plan, Review and Track Workouts
Connect to polarpersonaltrainer.com, our free online training diary. Here you can create personalized running and cycling training programs and upload them into the RC3 GPS. After your training, download your data into polarpersonaltrainer.com where you can analyze your workout and review your training.
• Tracks your route, speed and distance using built-in GPS
• Shows GPS-based altitude during and after training
• Improves performance with endurance training programs, downloadable for free from polarpersonaltrainer.com
• Back to Start GPS-based feature guides you back to your starting point
• Large display shows up to 3 rows of data
• Compatible with Polar W.I.N.D. running and cycling sensors
• Measures stride length and running cadence when used with the s3+ stride sensor (not included)
• Rechargeable battery, 12h in continuous use with GPS on
• 99 memory files
• Lets you share your training data via polarpersonaltrainer.com
In The Box
RC3 GPS training computer
Getting Started Guide
Easy to Use
1) Enter basic settings
2) Start your workout
3) After your training, download your data into polarpersonaltrainer.com using the included USB cable to analyze your workout
H2 heart rate sensor
Add the H2 heart rate sensor for continuous, accurate heart rate. This soft fabric chest strap seamlessly adapts to your body shape, bringing full freedom of movement to your workout.
CS cadence sensor W.I.N.D.
Add the CS cadence sensor W.I.N.D. to measure your real-time and average pedaling rate of your ride.
s3+ stride sensor
Attach the small s3+ stride sensor onto your shoe to get your speed and distance as well as your Running Index to measure your running performance. This gives you the flexibility to measure your speed and distance inside or out.
Unlock a World of Smarter Training With The H2 Heart Rate Sensor Chest Strap
Polar invented the world's first heart rate monitor and pioneered the Smart Coaching training approach that delivers faster progress and better results. By adding a H2 heart rate sensor to the RC3 GPS, you’ll have access to these unique Smart Coaching features that listen to your heart and interpret the data for you so you can train smarter.
Motivating feedback right after exercise.
Helps you find the perfect balance between rest and training.
Tells you exactly how your fitness is developing.
Lets you know exactly how many calories you’ve burned.
Ensures you always train at the right intensity.
Illustrates how your running performance is developing.
Guides you to improve your running and cycling performance. Lets you create personalized training sessions that adapt to your progress, including warm up and cool down phases.
How Heart Rate Training Works
To activate heart rate training features on the RC3 GPS all you have to do is add a H2 heart rate sensor chest strap (accessory sold separately.) Here’s how heart rate training works:
When you train, you don’t always have to go faster or harder to get the best results. To reach your goals you just need to listen to your heart rate and train at the right intensity.
During training, there are specific intensity zones, each with a benefit. These zones are based on a percentage of your maximum heart rate- a number calculated by most Polar heart rate monitors. While training you can use your max heart rate to calculate and follow the recommended zones below. Training in the right zone will help you stay on track to reach your goals.
Zone 1 "Very Light" 50-60%: Improves overall health and helps recovery. Recommended for weight management and active recovery.
Zone 2 "Light" 60-70%: Improves basic endurance and fat burning. Recommended for everybody for longer and frequently repeated short exercises.
Zone 3 "Moderate" 70-80%: Improves aerobic fitness. Recommended for everybody for moderately long exercises.
Zone 4 "Hard" 80-90%: Increases maximum performance capacity. Recommended for everybody for shorter exercises.
Zone 5 "Maximum" 90-100%: Develops maximum performance and speed. Recommended for fit people and athletic training.
(Calculate your Maximum Heart Rate: 200 - Your Age= Maximum Heart Rate.)
Compare Polar Running & Multisport Models
|Continuous Heart Rate||Yes||Yes (w/ heart rate sensor)||Yes|
|Training Plan Compatible||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Sport Specific Profiles||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Altitude||In Download||Yes||In Download|
|Download to Polarpersonaltrainer.com||Yes (w/Datalink)||Yes (included USB cable)||Yes (w/Datalink)|
|Compatible with Polar running and cycling sensors||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Heart rate in water||No||No||Yes|
|Multisport Mode (Triathlon)||No||No||Yes|
|Battery Type||User Changeable |
(12 hours in continuous use with GPS on)
|User Changeable |
Polar Customer Care
Purchasing a Polar product is only the start of your experience with us. We’ll be there to provide training advice and assistance and help you get the most out of your new product.
Top Customer Reviews
- relatively small size (compare to the rest of the market)
- very precise GPS
- use a "standard" mini USB for connection to the computer and re-charging
- battery last a long time
- the white on black screen is not as easy to read as the black on white
- some menu are very confusing: there are two choices and the one that is selected is reversed (black/white and white/black) from the one that is not selected. Since there are only two options, it is difficult to know which one is actually selected. So navigating through the menu can be tedious.
- it is not water proof...! Don't swim with it
Readout is dark, hard to read while working out. Crazy that it doesn't work with the same strap I had that connects to my iPhone app. But now that I have 3 straps, I am all set!
1. it didnt come with the chest band (needed to buy it appart)
2. not even 10 to 30 meters resistant like the rest of all Polar watches.
I like that it has the reversed display; some people complain about it but I have as good or better visibility than with the normal black on silver LCDs. I do have the orange/red unit, and I like that it is conspicuous, especially outside of Europe. I sometimes wear it through the day to remind me that I need to run later, and I like that other it stands out.
As with all Polar HR products, they have the best HR data recording, analysis, and tools. It seems they have matched Garmin on the GPS now (GPS accuracy roughly +/- 2% - and they both achieve this), so Polar is the easy choice for anyone looking for a running/cycling HR monitor as long as you keep in mind that the watch is not submersible.
+ long battery life (up to 12 hours)
+ GPS tracks are looking nice, accuracy is in the range of around 10 meters horizontally
+ light and relative small
+ HR-Sensor is not to big either and works fine
+ The GPS-Tracks can be used with most software (i.e. GoogleEarth etc.)
- Buy now I found no possibility to get the coordinates where you are during your activities
- I am using a Linux system and there is no possibility to get the data to the Computer. Had to install a Virtual Machine to do it.
I would buy it again, even if I miss the coordinate thing. At some points this would really help with navigating i.e. when you are on a hike.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
All excellent !!! very good product arrived on time and waited !! thank you...Published 8 months ago by Ross
I had to return the watch because the person who wanted, changed his mind. I received a super service from Polar Electro Inc. Thank you.Published 10 months ago by Marce M
Really good product, has been shipped very fast as well.Published 15 months ago by Alejandro Jimenez
great features but runs out of battery quickly. ok for day hikes but nothing over a few hours.Published 18 months ago by Robin sloan
It is really a useful watch that you can use it both for running and cycling! :)Published on August 25, 2014 by Bensu
Nice design (Colours are brighter & more vivid in actual appearance) & GPS is quite accurate.Published on July 23, 2014 by Jace TMS