Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 46 reviews
on December 4, 2012
I've had a lot of running watches over the years and my last couple watches were a Polar RC300x with a footpod and then a Timex Run Trainer for the past year. The RC300x was everything I wanted in a running watch sans GPS. The Run Trainer was everything I wanted in a GPS watch but I seriously missed the Polar 'experience'. I think when it comes to a training aid, its hard to beat Polar.

I love everything about this watch. Its super easy to use and has lots of great information during the run. Post-run, its really easy to sync up with polarpersonaltrainer.com and since it syncs/charges via micro USB I don't have to carry around an extra cable on the road which is nice. My Timex ran out of juice a couple times because I didn't have its special charging cable with me.

There is only one issue now that keeps this watch from being perfect as a running watch:

Waterproofing: Its only IPX 7 waterproof which means its safe to shower with or in a rainstorm but don't swim with it. Surprising for a sports watch and I wonder if that's a tradeoff for the micro-usb

So the watch isn't perfect but its also the best one I've personally used.

EDIT - You can set the watch up to do interval training with the latest firmware. I will say that as I've used the watch, the volume of the beep is so quiet, however, that its difficult to use with the audio cues.

EDIT 2 - As reported at the DCRainmaker blog (and what better place to get information about running watches? ;) ) the $25 fee is not in effect. I don't know if I got bad information from CS at Polar or if they changed their mind on this but as of now, all that is required for the update is to send the watch in to Polar. This will give older units interval support and GPS based altimeter support. New units have this out of the box.

I would love to bump this up to a 5 star review based on the newest functionality but because its so hard to hear the watch beep when I'm running I feel that it will be very difficult to make use of the intervals. The beep should be significantly louder or they should have included a vibration function. That said, this is still an excellent running and biking companion.
on March 25, 2013
I have made 12 runs with this watch & simply love this watch. I especially like the large screen which makes it easy to read the statistics while on the move. I found the watch very easy to setup and navigate between the menus. It takes about 2s to get the heart rate signal & 30s to get the GPS signal which makes it ready to go when I complete my warm up. Its amazing how Polar made this integrated GPS watch so slim as compared to my previous Garmin FR110 and I don't really notice it is there till I want to to check my heart rate or pace. Once you complete your run just tap on the back button twice to stop & save. No need to hold the button to save. If you want to ensure you train within a heart rate & pace range, this is definitely the watch for you. Only down side is the IPX7 waterproof rating which means you can't jump into a pool for a swim after a long run.
on February 21, 2014
The watch is awesome. It really attends to my needs. But I believe the heart rate wireless receiver inside the watch is somehow damaged, because it's not finding the chest band signal, even with other people bands that works perfectly with their RC3. As I live in Brazil, would be kinda hard to send it back to the seller within the damaged product exchange time. I'll check it out with the Polar Support how can I get this fixed.
The seller send it right after the payment was confirmed, so I really recommend Heart Rate Monitors USA!
Not giving 5 stars rating because the heart rate signal problem. If it was working properly, would have been the perfect deal!!!
on July 29, 2013
I love this watch. I had the non-GPS version for a year. It was good but because I am short, the tracking was off. I know there is a way to calibrate it but it would change when I wore different shoes so I decided to pony up the $$ for the GSP version.

First off, I love the accuracy of how far I have run which I did not have before. Not that the other was that far off but being off is off. Second, I love the cable connection to my PC. My older one had some wireless connection which NEVER worked with any of my PC's. That was very annoying and seemed to be a common problem. Being able to load up my runs and see the map along with the pace and heart rate is fantastic. I can't wait to run my next race and analyze it.
on December 21, 2012
Somewhat of a mild pain to cycle through the windows, but the larger font and larger display are clear winners here. The ability to map your bicycle route -- including elevation -- is just too much fun! Note: you do have to manually turn on the elevation feature IN the software while IN the map view. It will be a little button in the lower left. I just love this product -- replaced my FT 80 and I dig not having that big old gnarly GPS unit on my arm! Wrist band material has a nice feel to it; it sits well with my flesh. Only thing that feels squirrely about the unit is the way USB cord plugs into the watch.
on March 24, 2013
I bought this watch from Amazon and had it shipped to Singapore and been using it for my runs, so far the distance clocked are relatively accurate, and i will be doing a software upgrading for the altitude feature to be incorporate into my watch in Polar Singapore. This will be even better now with the altitude! The battery life so far not bad, i only charged once, it almost 20 days and the battery is still showing as full bar..
on June 15, 2013
If you are a runner.....this is what you need .....5 seconds to GPS be connect from just getting out from your front door......all needed on your wrist...heart beat...speed....time for lap....altitude....if you going up or down a hill......and a record with your last work....I bought on January 2013....and I still feel as I bought yesterday...:)
on October 7, 2014
I used this watch for months of tri/marathon training. My biggest complaint with the watch is the awful software to update, upload, and view your data. The software and website need to be scratched and completely rewritten from the ground up. Otherwise, I love the functionality on the watch, it's accuracy, and fit.
on April 19, 2015
The corner button covers keep breaking and/or falling off. It makes it difficult to actuate them. Also, even on loud, the the lap indicator is hard to hear. The GPS struggles in certain locations, which I didnt think would occur since it's satellite direct.
on June 14, 2013
It is very comfortable and nice watch. I do like the possibility of changing training views during the run. GPS works perfectly. The weekness is the lack of timer (similar like in my RS100), but there is still the possibility of planning the interval training by means of polarpersonaltrainer.com. In conclusion, this is a good value for money.