Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on June 21, 2013
I'm mostly a runner and I'm really into biofeedback. I was torn between the RCX5, the RS800CX and the Garmin Forerunner 610. After careful consideration decided to go for the RCX5 based mostly on the fact that it had a better price and was less conspicuous. I'm very happy I did. The RCX5 does what it says in the tin and more. I never thought I would be planning my trainings beforehand but I now find myself planning a week ahead just for the fun of it. I design my runs myself based on the events (work/stress related) of the week at polarpersonaltrainer.com, sync them to the RCX5 and after reading Phil Maffetone's "The Big Book of Endurance Training and Racing" my runs include a warm up, cool down and a very specific HR range according to a totally different formula based on my current fitness/health. The RCX5 has been perfect for this (I didn't intend to use it this way when I bought it since I hadn't read the book I mentioned). The GPS works like a charm. Never lost it's signal even running in really fowl weather and under dense tree cover. The HR strap is super comfortable, never any issues. It syncs really fast with my pc (Windows XP). The armband for the G5 GPS unit is quite comfortable. I'm not quite fond of armbands because they draw attention and are sometimes annoying, specially if you are running sleeveless under heavy sun (there will be a mark). There's a clip to attach the G5 GPS to your shorts that you can order separately. Since it's really little it wouldn't bother anyone, but the armband it's so comfortable you forget it's there. Also the RCX5 has a "reminder" you can set at a given interval of time or distance. I set it to remind me to drink every 15 minutes. The heartouch feature I have set to "backlight" and while I'm running at night I simply move the watch to touch with the HR and the backlight turns on and it's great because I carry a handheld bottle on the right hand. Finally, the watch is really solid, comfortable to run with and has great legibility. Even the sounds are great (cricket like). Also it's highly customizable with 6 screens you can alter anyway you want either on the watch or with your PC while sync to it.
on April 9, 2013
I have had a S625X Polar Heart Rate Monitor for years. Though it has been reliable, it has some problems. It tracks speed by foot pod and the accuracy is only about within 10% without frequent recalibration. Second it regularly has some issues with not consistently capturing my heart rate accurately, either rapidly increasing or decreasing or not capturing at all throughout the course of a run. Since I have had the RCX5 G5 my heart rate is always captured accurately and there are no rapid fluctuations or dropouts. The chest strap for the monitor is far more comfortable and there is no chaffing unlike the old strap. I was concerned about the separate GPS device for tracking location and measuring speed, but it is quite unobtrusive and works quite nicely. I didn't realize when ordering that it did not come with the arm band for the GPS device but rather it has a clip to clip on pants or belt. Now that I have used the clip on I doubt that I would have wanted the armband. Initially, it took the GPS a few minutes to actually fix my location, but with subsequent runs it seems to "remember" and not have any delay in starting to track location. The accuracy seems very good compared to other GPS tracking for the same run path. The autosync feature is dramatically better than the old infrared upload for my old Polar monitor. You do have to upload to a website rather than to your computer- that is probably overall just as good as storing locally on the computer.
A couple of quibbles: the PDF booklet and the website are fairly scant on how to set up the device and not terribly well written. I find that making changes on the watch itself seems somewhat more intuitive than the old heart rate monitor, that said, one cannot do the setting up of the preferences on the computer/website and upload to the watch as best I can tell in any straight forward way. With my old heart rate monitor, one could start to see one's baseline heart rate before starting exercise or after finishing a run. As best I can tell, you can only see the heart rate when actually starting to track an exercise session. Not a huge deal, but for me I did like the ability to see my resting heart rate or how fast it took me to recover baseline heart rate post exercise.

Overall a dramatic improvement in performance with a smaller profile for the actual watch.
January 2013: I have now been using for 8 months. The monitor continues to perform well. Some items that people may want to consider: Many triathletes like to upload their information to third party apps such as Training Peaks or Strava. This watch is designed to upload somewhat "automatically" to Polar's own website/application for reviewing training data.Though the website is OK and has moderate functionality it does not allow for easy uploading of any data not captured with the Polar monitor and has limited functionality when compared with Training Peaks or Strava. Though one can export data files from the Polar website or upload data files downloaded from the watch, neither process is at all friendly or intuitive. Many triathletes train with a power meter. Unless one uses Polar's power meter, one cannot include this data on the Polar website. Again, a separate application such as Training Peaks is far more useful for aggregating data from multiple sources. I do find the GPS somewhat finnicky about immediately locking into a GPS location, sometimes it is very quick and about 20 percent of the time it takes about 5-10 minutes to "lock on" resulting in incomplete data capture for speed.The watch itself and the HR monitor strap continue to perform well. Given the frustrations with the integration with third party applications and the less than intuitive instructions for exporting data, I would probably downgrade my original review from a 5 to 4 to 4.5
on August 16, 2014
This product has been nothing but trouble. First the battery was dead one month after I received it. Then the band for communicating heart rate to the watch failed. I tried to download data from watch to computer, the USB supplied by Polar does not work. This make it complete failure of all three parts supplied by Polar. Worse yet, I sent an email to Polar customer service and I received a reply after a moths indicating that they have problem with their email and I should reply to that email. Obviously, that was an automated reply because everything was explained in the email and a person could read it rather asking for problem statement. So their customer service sucks too. Need I say more.
on July 1, 2013
Ive had many of these. this on eis the best so far. Ive recently had the Garmin Xt and forerunner. Had an older Polar when I switched to Garmin.
Im glad I came back.
Easier watch settings and sync. Good online software. Thinner, great display too. So far so good.
on February 18, 2013
I am working very hard on my fitness and being someone fully immersed in the digital world using an intergrated tracker makes complete sense. this system is good though has many parts - seperate device for GPS, heartrate monitor comes in two pieces, cadence sensor for bike, pedometer for steps. Many parts to keep track of and possibly lose. When they are together though the tracking is very accurate and I like the website that goes with it. Personal polar trainer keeps track of your workouts and helps set goals.
on December 1, 2014
I received a damage product....and im a international customer...so now, i have to spend a lot of money sending back the product and try to explain to the plant how receive the watch damage, etc....
I think this product is really expensive, and i need more answers and dedication to solve my problem !
on October 22, 2013
I purchased this product with heart rate monitor and gps in April 2013, after using an older model for a number of years. The gps stopped working in August and the heart rate monitor stopped working in September. I've attempted to contact Polar and have not received any response from them. Based on feedback I've been getting from stores and other cyclists is that Garmin currently has a much better product.

Very disappointed with this product definitely not the same quality as the older model.
on August 19, 2013
This watch is easy to use and looks like a "normal" watch. I dont mind wearing the GPS on my arm, as long as it minimizes the bulk on the watch, and gets a good signal. So far, I have not had any issues with gps signal and I use it almost every day. My only complaint is that the heart monitor band does slip down while swimming, so there is a need of top shirt or suit to hold it in place.
on November 25, 2013
It's my first training computer, and I've been using it for just a few weeks, but I simply LOVE it. It's simple, and VERY powerful: you can monitor you regular activities, or Polar can even design personalized training programs according to your fitness state, and update them as you get fitter and make progress. I'm not sure many other products in the market can do such thigs (even more expensive ones). Great product!
on December 7, 2012
Bought the watch a month ago and used it in in training then on a 50 mile trail race. Loved the graphics off the website. It kept me focused on my last 10 miles with the minutes per mile pace. Excited to use it on the bike and swim this spring to get ready for triathlon season.
I have had the Polar F11 for years and only recorded HR and calories burned. Also liked the time check when you bring watch close to HRM.
Only have the GPS... look at getting the accessories next year.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.