Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 285 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 308 reviews
on November 19, 2015
I've used Polar for over 10 years. This will transmit toan elliptical, stationary bike, treadmill, etc. Without needing to wear a wristwatch receiver.I use it every time at the gym and it's very accurate. The three times the HR readings were wildly inconsistent I was actually experiencing atrial fibrillation and was able to get it treated right away. Although the cardiologist says Afib is not life threatening, its much easier to treat in the first hours of an attack. Monitoring HR during exercise is a great fitness tool anyway because it helps avoid over- and under-exertion. These transmitters also last a long time -- in years for me -- without battery loss. The non replaceable battery is not an issue because the strap is thinner and has no protrusion for the battery compartment. Ive tried both coded and non-coded and prefer this one for exercising every day
on July 25, 2010
I have owned a polar hrm and transmitter before and love it.I wanted the same quality, so when my polar transmitters battery life was exhaustd, I purchased the same transmitter.NO regrets!!!Polar T31 Coded Transmitter and Belt Set Do not bother sending your polar transmitter to the company after the battery wears out not worth the money--too expensive. You can purchase a new transmitter for half the price.
on June 5, 2016
I learned my lesson. I used to get the ones with replaceable batteries.. They were ok, but they lasted about three months before they battery casing either corroded or the unit failed.

Nothing would bring them back to life.

I got these. Permanent battery. But, they last about one year and work with my polar watch and Precor Elliptical.

The fit is good, the pickups work, and for a year of no hastle use, it's worth the money. Kind of a waste to have to junk it when it fails, but it lasts longer than the other ones.

So, I give it five stars
on May 4, 2016
I purchased my first Polar heart rate monitor and watch set approximately 8 years ago. The watch and chest strap both lasted for about 3 years and then I stopped using them and relied on how I felt to monitor my workouts. I recently decided to use it again to increase my workout performance. I was able to replace the watch battery which died a few years ago but the chest strap was much more difficult-it is not meant to be replaced, but I replaced it following a youtube video and it worked fine. It took awhile to get it to initially read but once it did, it was fine. I thought I would purchase a new one so that it may work better. Well, my shoddily put together 8+ year old chest strap works significantly better than the $40 one I just bought. It takes almost half my workout to even get it to read my heart rate and once it does, it constantly reverts back to "00" and half my calories and heart rate are not even read during half my workout! I am giving it 4 stars because my old original one works fine (even after I ripped it apart and somehow glued it back together again). Maybe the one I recently ordered just happens to be faulty, but it seems like a common theme among most of the reviews. They must be making them differently these days.
on January 3, 2014
I originally purchased a Polar RS100 which came with the Polar soft strap and sensor.

I ended up tossing the soft strap and sensor as it was constantly dropping out and eventually it would never pick up my heart rate again.

This older more durable strap seems to work better for me as I have never had my heart rate drop out and it only takes a minute or two for the built in sensor to pick up my heart rate.

I think the problem with the newer Polar soft strap was that the internal wiring was damaged over time by cinching the strap too tightly. With the T31 strap this problem isn't possible as all the electronic components are separate from the elastic strap.

I believe this strap is far more durable than the newer straps and I'm glad I went this route instead of just buying a new updated soft strap and sensor.

This strap would be perfect if it had a replaceable battery. There are You Tube videos out there demonstrating how to replace the battery in the T31 strap however it takes a little bravery and being competent with hand tools. Then again if your battery is dead then you really have nothing to lose. You either ruin your already dead T31 strap or you buy a new one.

The loss of comfort from the soft strap to the T31 strap is minimal. Honestly I can't even really tell. If you have a good work out going I doubt any person could really notice.

I recommend this strap over the soft strap unless Bluetooth is required. If you need Bluetooth this strap isn't for you.
on May 7, 2015
Lasted about 120 days before it began malfunctioning during workouts. It would cycle between an actual heart rate reading e.g. 75% of max then unexpectedly switch to 0%. This is my third failed belt set that I've purchased in the last two years. I enjoy polar watches but I'm really starting to question whether to keep investing in products which, in my experience, never seem to even get close to the advertised useful life.

This belt was supposed to last about 2,500 hours. Mine lasted 120. Caveat Emptor friends.
on January 9, 2014
What is with these things? I have tried this transmitter and the other style, and both of them have a difficult detecting my pulse. I don't know if it's because I'm petite or if all those old boyfriends were right about me not having a heart. Anyway, when it does work, it's great and fairly comfortable. And the pricing for this seemed reasonable.
on April 15, 2017
Works great with the equipment I use at the gym. Very accurate. Just have to make sure to wet it before putting it on. Otherwise, it doesn't start working until after you start sweating.
on March 7, 2011
I purchased this because I read reviews about the transmitter that ships with my FT40 that said it isn't very reliable in water - loses signal. I wanted to track my heart rate in the pool as well as during my other activities. I've found this transmitter very reliable and comfortable both in and out of the water.
on April 12, 2017
I originally had the Polar T34 included with my Precor 9.33 treadmill and my Octane XR6CE. My Polar T31 Coded works with both of my exercise machines. The Octane worked immediately, the Precor took a minute or two. It seemed it was negotiating a connection, but it worked just fine. My older polar chest straps seemed like they were not connecting to my machines easily as well as the heart rate seemed higher than normal.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.