Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,492 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,593 reviews
on June 30, 2017
 I just got this for a trip to Yellowstone. I read the specs but still was a bit surprised by the size. It's about the size of a soda can, but a little taller and thinner. The carrying case is also a bit larger than expected. As others noted, eyepiece cover does not have a lanyard, but there is a hole for one. Lens cover has a lanyard.

The image is very clear and I'm happy with the magnification. But at 12x, like others have said, the image is shaky and it is hard to keep you hand that still. The tripod is sturdier than expected but not very useful. Small and when attached it keeps wanting to tip forward on its nose. Only 4 stars for bulk and tripod, but I'd still buy again. Worth it. Note it does not have zoom. Fixed mag, but you can still focus on objects near and far very easily.

I paired it with a Gosky universal phone adapter and have been having fun snapping some shots with my iPhone 6. Slo-mo video of hummingbird feeder was awesome! That was taken from about 30-40 feet away. Can't wait to try it out in the mountains and on the trail.

UPDATE: just noticed there is either a small defect or piece of dust in the lens. Uploaded two different pictures that show the same small dark spot up around 10 o'clock on the image. Tried cleaning with cloth provided, but didn't help. I'll have to see how annoying this becomes and if rating needs to be downgraded.
review image review image review image
on April 22, 2017
Nice monocular. Very clear and smooth focusing. The overall feel of the rubberized type material on the monocular is very nice, I did find that the monocular is a bit heavier than I had originally planned on. But due to the overall great quality and function I intend to keep it. When I pack it away in the suitcase for travel, I will just have to find something else in the suitcase to remove that is lighter (Grin). Other than the weight of this monocular - it feels great, and is definitely a keeper in my book. Also I have found a screw, cap keeper, and hand strap to install where the tripod mount is, and this has helped the overall function of the monocular immensely.
on March 27, 2017
Smaller than I expected and this accounts for the tripod to not raise the Monocular to a more comfortable height when checking bullet strikes. The clarity and maginifacation is very good. All in all I am disappointed.
on July 20, 2016
Almost same time I received as a present Nikon binocular (8x25, Trailblazer H2Oproof). Nikon has a bit less the magnification, but the rest of the features are better: wider field of view, sharper picture, smaller and lighter.
on January 5, 2017
I was looking for a good, compact, high power monocular, and when I came across this one with it's reasonable price point and number of favorable reviews, I had to give it a try. I'm glad I did. For it's price, the optics are outstanding. The image is bright, sharp and clear right out to the edges. It's light weight and easy to handle and focus with one hand. The build quality is also excellent with no cheap feel to it. The lens caps fit nice and tight and the front one stays attached when open. Some users have mentioned that they wish the rear one was also tethered but those kind rub up against your cheek when looking through the monocular and can be annoying. It also comes with a nice, serviceable table tripod with adjustable height legs. Another nice feature that isn't mentioned is that the eye piece has three adjustable positions to set your preferred eye relief from the objective so your eye lashes aren't rubbing up against the lens. It would have been perfect if the manufacturer had included a neck strap lug, but that is a minor gripe and the case does have a belt loop. As icing on the cake, I even got an email from Polaris Optics thanking me for my purchase. Only a company committed to customer satisfaction would take that extra step, and I appreciate that.
on January 11, 2017
I really like this monocular and have spent some time glassing with it already, although I got it at the end of the season. Two minor complaints: 1. It has a nice adjustable eye relief... BUT it goes back to the shortest position with very little pressure on it, so basically every time I take it out, I have to extend it again. 2. As others have noted, only one of the two lens protectors has a retention strap! Can't figure that one out. Same solution: short bit of paracord and off you go. I didn't reduce my stars rating for these details because it's such a cheap monocular considering the quality of the optics. For a cheap 12x50 I think it's worth the little annoyances.
on January 8, 2015
This was my favorite purchase of 2014. This monocular allows me to see the birds at my feeders on my deck up close and personal. The detail is amazing. I can even see the little tiny bird seeds in the feeder. Watching the birds shell seeds and spit the shell out is very cool. The monocular itself is very easy to focus and the tripod makes for a nice and stable viewing experience. Also the wide field of view is far superior over any of the binoculars I own. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone interested in bird watching.
on October 1, 2015
I make my fair share of amazon purchases, but I haven't been this pleased in a while. I bought this mainly for bird watching, and my friend, an experienced Birder, commented on how crisp and bright the image is, even in comparison to his own Bushnell binocs.

I've been carrying it around with me everywhere, and I even set it up to look at the moon. It gives a fairly impressive view of the moon, such that you can even see the texture of the craters as the shadow passes over them.

An excellent product I am proud to own.

If I can make one criticism. While I very much like the feature for the viewing protector, the part you put your eye against, after using it a fair amount, the screwing and locking action of it feels like it has a little bit of give. It would be nice if this feature, which I really like, seemed a bit more solid.

Overall, I love this thing. It's perfect for what I need.
on October 18, 2016
I'm in the surveillance profession and often rely on this monocular for viewing my subjects. The one hand operation of the monocular allows me to have my other hand free to hold the video camera ready to record. The visual clarity is a great asset when I need to confirm information of vehicles, plate number, subject identification and more, which I can do from afar yet still maintain closeness. Even though they advertise not for night vision, I must say they work very well in the dark evening hours. A little street light or porch light is enough for me to view the actions of the subjects surroundings within the dark hours. In addition, I lost a lens cap and protecting the lenses from scratches is important to me. I contacted Polaris Optics and they responding in a timely manner. They are sending me a replacement cap free of charge.

Overall, a great product and great customer service. My first choice for future optic products will be with Polaris Optics.
on December 29, 2016
Bought this as a spotting scope. Get something stronger than this if you're trying to shoot anything past 50 yards.