Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 309 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 327 reviews
on February 20, 2013
I bought this for my new Panasonic Lumix camera. It serves it's purpose as a float for your underwater digital camera, but I found the strap didn't tighten as much as I would have liked. It was a bit too big. I did find that it would fit snugly around my upper arm when getting in and out of the surf, but I would have preferred if it would have fit snugly to my wrist.
on March 12, 2013
I'm an average guy - 5'10", medium build, and pretty typical hands. This strap is enormous, at least for a wrist strap, and even cinched up all the way, it's way too loose (I can put both hands through it). It fits comfortably around my ankle with the strap completely tightened, and with it loosened all the way, I can squeeze it up around my shoulder.

I think it looks like a decent quality product, but it must've been made for a 400-pound man. Unless you have a very large build, I would advise getting a different strap.
on March 5, 2015
Not a bad product at a decent price. It could be a little more sturdy, I guess. The little string that attaches to the camera itself, seems clumsy. Mainly because of the size and the material. It's probably a high grade nylon, but it would be nice if it had a little metal laced through it. It does flow and hold my point and shoot camera that I use in a waterproof case. The case itself floats a little, so with the added floating strap, it stays buoyant pretty well. I chose to purchase the orange one because it's more visible and water, hence why life jackets are mostly orange.

This particular brand from Polaroid seems to be well made, and like I said the price is decent.
on June 12, 2012
The product would be great, except that it will not float the Olympus Tough 8010, which weighs 7.6oz (215g) without batteries and media card. So if your camera is anywhere near this in weight, do not buy this product. I ended up using the strap but also tying a water wing to the camera to make sure it floated. We were going tubing in a very murky river and wanted to take no chances that the camera would sink at all below the surface because it would have disappeared in two seconds. Otherwise, the strap seems to be good quality and I got the orange one, which is bright and easy to see.
on August 9, 2016
Even with the locking wrist strap adjuster it's still way to big and slides right off my wrist. If I adjust it all the way tight it would end up at my elbow and slide right back down.
review image review image review image
on May 7, 2017
I purchased this as a replacement for my first one purchased 3 1/2 years prior. Works well for the beach and snorkeling. Floats to the surface when attached to a go pro or underwater camera. Unfortunately, the thin tether broke on my original one (after 3.5 years of use), fortunately this happened on a dock on our last day of a vacation, so no harm done. I switch it back and forth between to underwater camera adding to the wear on the tether. Would recommended purchasing one per a camera, and not switching back and forth.
on September 12, 2013
Got this for our Polaroid Dive Rated Waterproof Camera Housing (see our review! Highly reccomended!!)

The strap is adjustable (to a degree, doesn't get very tight around small/skinny wrists). It floats and kept our digital camera from sinking while underwater

however, on the 2nd day of use, the loop that actually loops through the camera or case and connects it to the wrist strap broke. not just broke but snapped. And I am telling you that we were NOT doing anything heavy duty or out of control. We were snorkeling with a very light digital camera in a very light camera housing. There wasn't a raging current pulling the camera from me. It was what I would consider "normal use" and again, only being used 1 day prior for a few hours.

we didn't even realize that the camera had fallen off til we got back to shore and I saw the strap, but no camera and asked my husband if he had the camera...no, it's on the OH MY GOD THE CAMERA STRAP BROKE...So I ran back in the water with snorkel and mask and thankfully I was able to find the camera about 50 feet from shore in less than 10 feet of water.

TOTALLY disappointed.

This item failed it's sole purpose in life: to connect my camera to my wrist. It failed under the most common use situation.

Sent back to amazon immediately upon return from vacation for a refund.
on August 25, 2012
Bought this to use in the ocean and at Atlantis water park with my Nikon AW100 Waterproof camera (awesome! see the review).

Twice my camera floated out of my pocket when I didn't have it on my wrist and my shorts pocket velcro failed me. Twice I quickly discovered my camera floating nearby. Once in the ocean and once in the pool. Very cool! The orange was highly visible as I had hoped. It floated just enough above the water that it was easy to see.

Some people complained that the clasp looked flimsy or would break. I didn't have that problem and the plastic seems to be of good quality and so far not brittle. The string that attaches to your camera seems thin but did the job for at least 9 days in the Bahamas. The whole thing had also done a 2 day stint in a chlorinated pool and no wear and tear seemed to occur. I learned to have faith in the clasp. The only thing I would warn is that it has a right way and a wrong way to connect. If you don't align properly I could see it coming unclasped, but it takes very little to get in correctly and snaps satisfyingly when correct.

The floating portion of the strap was not as bulky as it looks online and while not a fashion statement, also doesn't look ridiculous on my thick wrist or my daughter's slender one. It adjusts to wrist size as well, so no worries about fit.

All-in-all, I highly recommend this strap, especially at this price point.
on October 18, 2015
I use a Garmin Virb mounted on a home made pole on my kayak to capture fishing videos. I use a pool noodle around the base of the pole to keep it afloat in case it separates from the boat but wanted this product attached to the Virb in case IT separated from the stick somehow. I hooked it up to the camera, did the "bathtub test," it failed and I ordered a better product that is also available here. I'm guessing there are diminutive cameras out there that this would hold up but they'd have to be VERY diminutive before I'd trust this product if it won't hold up a camera that is small enough to mount on my 11 year old's bike helmet!
on September 24, 2013
I bought this to keep my Nikon COOLPIX AW110 Wi-Fi and Waterproof Digital Camera with GPS (Orange) afloat in case of dropping it in the water - it works just fine. That camera model is 6.2 ounces and this was just enough to keep it floating. The strap is far to big for my petite wrist but I picked it up for the purpose of keeping my camera floating and visible if dropped in the river so I use a second strap with a carabiner (Olympus Carabiner Camera Strap (Black)) and a smaller wrist strap to keep it attached to my life vest or wrist.

The detachable camera loop made me a little nervous because it seemed like it might release the buoyant part of the strap and allow my camera to sink to the bottom of the body of water but since my other strap was attached to the camera itself I didn't let that worry me since the floating strap was a safety net anyways.

Would purchase again but would also be open to looking at other items as well. I just like that it keeps my camera afloat and is bright orange for finding it easily.