Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 965 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,053 reviews
on December 15, 2015
This tripod only deserves 1 star because the head is worthless for anything weighing more than a couple ounces. The entire head is plastic and the mounting plate is very flimsy. I attached a DSLR to it and the camera wobbled around on top of the head so I decided I would never use it with a camera.

The tripod legs aren't horrible, though. I like the fact that it's lightweight. I'm currently in the process of retrofitting a decent head onto it. Doing that is not for the casual consumer, however. Removing the existing head is extremely challenging and once you do remove it, there isn't a way to mount a different head. Mounting a different head is going to involve a saw, a drill, a good amount of epoxy and a 1/4 inch bolt; and of course a new tripod head. So the price just doubled to make this thing functional.
on May 18, 2016
DO NOT BUY THIS TRIPOD. I got it because it was light and would be great to travel with. However, the first time I got it out to use the silver pin that you use to screw in the base with snapped off (no, I did not use heavy pressure). It is too late for me to return it via amazon and when I contacted Polaroid they won't just send me a new head piece. I gave them pictures, the receipt, and they said after I send the whole thing in, they will inventory it, and then they will send it back. I leave for a 3 week trip in 14 days and do not have time for all of that. I really wanted a base piece and that's it. Grrr... Now I have to buy a whole new tripod for my trip in addition to sending this stupid thing back.
Enthusiast: Photographyon July 15, 2015
Very good tripod purchase as its price/quality relationship is great. Made of plastic with a metal head this is still a sturdy Polaroid tripod for Sunday photographers like me. It is easy to carry as it is light and it comes with a solid shoulder bag. The great thing is that object can be set on various grounds (earth, grass, stones, etc) and even if the ground is not flat thanks to its rubber feet and adjustable legs. You can even make it more stable thanks to the weight hook in the middle and the dual bubble level indicators on the side. I have a Nikon 3100 and even if with big lenses this tripod does not move, I definitely think the length of the pan head is a little bit too short. However, you can set your camera in different positions thanks to an ergonomic and rubber covered handle and block it in one of the positions you will have chosen without any risks that your camera falls. To sum up I think it is a great and functional object for such an attractive price.
on July 2, 2015
Since purchasing (5 months?) the stand is starting to fall apart at the top where one of the legs attaches. On both of the stands I purchased the thing that tightens the direction you point the camera (ball joint on top?) is basically either completely loose and leaves the cameras dangling, or completely rigid because it has to be tightened extremely tight to hold. I purchased 2 stands. Overall I like the low profile design, but the construction has proven cheap.
on February 6, 2016
Made durable and sturdy and let's my camera stand about 6 and 1/2 feet high above people walking in front of my camera in-front of my speaker-person. There was no support from Polaroid and no instruction manual. I had to figure things out from the internet and that worked for the screw loose problem fine.
The camera can smoothly pan up and down okay. But, I noticed it couldn't pan horizontally olay. The problem was the tightening knob attached to a bolt/screw was busted. So the bolt has to removed and replaced by a screw/bolt made of titanium or cobalt, that would not break, a design flaw probably. Now I discovered that there is a special drill bit $3.49 that can do the job with a special drill bit that can fit the small hole the 1st one made. It also costs $3.49 and if you slowly unscrew the bolt then you can replace the bolt with the same size but stronger. Let you know if it works and pans horizontally okay. Then I can highly recommend this tripod from Polaroid. I live in Oklahoma City and there really are few camera places not like Dallas, Texas. So they want to sell you something and if you bought it over the Internet then they can't help you.
on July 3, 2016
It would be great, however, the horizontal part where the camera attaches is assembled wrong and will not go level. Therefore, you have to adjust the legs on the one side to let it start out as level. I was going to return it but I missed the deadline by one day. My grandma died so I forgot about it. Oh well. If that piece went level, it would be a very good tripod. However, since it does not, you have to work extra for your picture to not be crooked.

Update on 1/28/17. This is actually a terrible product. Not only did the horizontal part not allow it to go level but the screw part that moves the neck up and down broke after 5 or 6 uses. Now I have to go buy another one. I did contact the company and they said they would fix it. However, it was going to cost my $16 and a new one is $20. Guess what, I'm going to get another brand.
on March 6, 2016
Looks good and works for me! I am new to photography and this is my first tripod (first everything really). It's not flimsy for the Samsung NX3000, even at its highest point. Came on time and as described. I did accidentally break off the tiny black peg beside the screw on the head mount, not sure if that's a big deal but everything is stable! I'm happy and would recommend it for someone else looking for a nice cheaper tripod.
review image
on June 21, 2017
This is actually my third tripod, the other two were destroyed out in the field. I love the fact they are 72 inches tall, lightweight, and relatively cheap to buy. Most folks would say to buy an expensive tripod to begin with and it won't break. But having a friend slam his truck door on his $500 tripod head, makes me feel happy I'm cheap. For the record I tripped over the first one in the dark during tear down and the head hit a concrete sidewalk, I rebuilt it and it still works great. On the second one, my border collie managed to tear off one of the legs during a lighting storm, so I'm thinking zip ties and duck tape???
on July 23, 2015
The tripod is light weight as described by other reviewers. My fiance and I had recently bought a Sony a5100 and we wanted to be able to take some mini photo-shoots of ourselves so we looked around for tripods for a few days and finally decided to go with this one. The price was not too bad and it also had fairly good reviews about being sturdy. The first time we used it, it happened to be a windy day at the place we went to and the tripod did tip over and completely broke our camera. (Thank god we chose to get insurance) I would not completely blame the tripod since its obviously not the most expensive and its clearly not made for any tough weather.
on February 6, 2016
I had one of these back form the 70's, it was my dad's. I bought this recently for my winter holiday, which involves lots of walking. The tripod is very compact and light. Tucked away in my backpack, I don't feel the weight after a full day of walking. I was also able to tuck the tripod between my penny coat buttons for quick access.

It is not the most sturdiest, however the built quality looks like it will last. I have confidence to held in place my Panasonic GX1 with 14-140 (get 1 was a heavy zoom lens). I was able to take great group photos with this tripod during my trip without any shaky images. You are also able to manipulate the legs to your desired heights by extending some portion of the legs. Additionally you may use the tripod as a stabiliser, holding your camera against chest.

Overall, I love this tripod. The only tripod that I will bring for travelling.