Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on August 19, 2014
I have been following Polaroid for many years and have multiple instant cameras (SX-70s) and was very excited when they announced the Z340. I was hoping this would fill the void of their discontinued instant film, however it fell very short. The device itself is very well made and great design, however the photos it produces are about the same as the first iPhone. The quality is very poor compared to the price. Adding the nostalgic boarders is difficult and ended up wasting multiple packs of film trying to figure it out. The size is also considerably smaller then the old instant film Polaroids. The menus are difficult to navigate compared to an SLR or pocket camera. Unfortunately I ended up selling this camera after about a month of use. It would have been great if they could have adapted their old film to use in this camera, but the ZINK Zero Ink just isn't the same.
on January 4, 2015
I love it! I use it all the time! The pictures aren't printed the clearest but it does the job for quick and fun photo's. I would never use the prints for any professional use. I love how you can choose and edit your photo's before taking them, it saves so much paper that way! I also love how I can save all my photo's and upload them later on my computer!
You do have to take the picture a certain way in order to get the "Polaroid" look just right. You can't take photo's straight on and expect it to crop well with the Polaroid border. Other than that, I absolutely love and everyone that see's it wishes they had one!
on December 2, 2012
Love all kinds of cameras and especially Polaroids. It's something with the quality that is just super fun.

I did want one of the old ones, but why not try this as well? I'm glad I did. The pictures are almost as the old ones you remember from back in the days.

Great features in the camera where you can print several copies of the same picture. You can choose between a variety of borders, from no borders to classic borders to the classic white border.

The LCD is a great thing if you want to save some money. You take a picture and you can review the photo before you print it, that way you don't print worthless shots.

Be warned though, bring this to a party and expect everyone to want a picture of themselves.

The prints themselves are SMALLER than the original 600 polaroid.
on December 12, 2013
The prints appear to have a red tint, at first i thought its was the zink paper but all prints appear like that. with usage the red tint seems to get better though

Also noticed what seems like a fingerprint inside the lens, no way to clean it as have to disassemble the front part. The sensor seems to have problem as well as i can see a red line among all the picture it taken when slightly zoom in.

The low rating is because i seems to get a defective product, actual product should be better.
on October 22, 2013
Pros:

The look and feel of the physical camera are less clunky and awkward looking than competitors (I hate the rounded bubbly white instax mini that most people have when it comes to new instant print cameras).

Quality digital shots (much better than expected) and optional instant-print vs. print later is nice.

Cons:

Hard to navigate menus and optional settings

Extremely difficult to guide the camera to print the photo you take in the orientation desired. The camera shoots (in most settings) 4:3 (w:h) but when you use the "polaroid border" it auto crops your image 3:4 (w:h). It auto adjusts the shot if you physically hold the camera sideways, and only lets you add borders of any kind of image if its in the original size and aspect ratio and hasn't been rotated. If you rotate the picture in viewer mode to try to circumvent its auto subject detection and border sizing it wont let you add any border at all.

the look, feel and quality of ZINK really sucks. It reminds me of first generation laser photo printers - way to glossy, printer lines everywhere, bad color reproduction. So I guess it has a retro feel to it - just not to the actual polaroid era.

Also the Zink paper doesn't fit that great in the printer area, and always prints the image a little bit crooked.

BOTTOM LINE

If you want a current market camera (ie so you dont have to pay lots of money to find vintage polaroid film) to shoot "polaroid"s - buy the Fuji Instax. It's essentially the real thing - this is a bad imitation that loaded up on digital features to try to compensate.
on September 21, 2013
This was given to my niece as a gift. But I've heard rave reviews that it works like a champ and has been used many times over. Would recommend this Polaroid versus the other types of digital instant cameras available.
on October 28, 2012
I love this camera. It is pretty easy to use (I am technically challenged). The picture quality is great! I love the memory feature and video feature. The camera holds 20 something pictures in its own memory. You may need an additional memory card (wish I had known).It may seem expensive but it is well worth the price. Lots of fun at parties.
on January 17, 2012
Took a little while to gain on the learning curve, but figured it out ok. Takes nice pix, cool to develop in front of kids. Bought for daughter for Christmas, she loves it.
on January 9, 2015
I like everything about the camera. I have shot approx. 50 pictures as of 01/09/15 and I have nothing to complain about except the cost of the film.
on October 16, 2013
Was awesome. .. but died this time we used it. .. Until that, we lived it. .. They refunded the $$$ so we moved in. .. shame because it is an awesome idea

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.