Shop now Nuestra mezclilla favorita Compra jeans para mujer Amazon Music Unlimited Libros en Español nav_sap_plcc_acash Grocery GNO

on August 20, 2013
This camera was an early Christmas gift last year and I find it perfect for what I need. I wanted a camera that took digital pictures, had expandable memory, was easy to use, and printed out pictures directly from the unit. The Polaroid Z340 Polaroid Z340 3x4 Instant Digital Camera with ZINK (Zero Ink) Printing Technology was too much money and bigger in size than I wanted and the Polaroid 300 Polaroid PIC-300P Instant Film Analog Camera (Purple) didn't have the memory ability I was looking for.

After some research of this and the Fuji Instax instant camera line, I settled on this one because of a couple of things.

PROS:

1) The Polaroid Z2300 has the throwback design that ultimately made it more portable than the Fuji Instax cameras. Yes, it is bigger than many purely digital cameras but you have to take into consideration that it has the printer inside. I have no issue with their being actual buttons, at times it is easier for me than having a touchscreen.

2)User friendly memory. I got a 16gb sd card as a promotion and it serves me to be able to selectively print pictures than to just have them print immediately after taking them. I am not the world's best photographer and I wasted many an instant camera in high school due to my lack of skills. Nothing sucked more than finally getting everyone together in the perfect pose at the dance than to press the shutter and find my last picture was already taken :( I have been able to successfully transfer photos from my computer to the sd card to print from Facebook and other cameras, and have also used my phone's micro sd with an adapter to make prints directly using this camera.

Some photos do not show up because they are too high resolution (12MP is where I maxed out.) The Polaroid Z2300 only likes landscape, otherwise you get an error message and cannot print. I set my Polaroid Z2300 at 8MP and the pictures come out nice, very little gets cropped in the printing process. My new phone (HTC ONE 32GB)takes true landscape pics and I found that it will fit the entire picture in the print, but the pictures come out "letter boxed" at the top and bottom with white bars (see customer pics for mine.)

The ability to take video was another selling point as I do not always have enough battery or memory available on my phone to take HD videos. The format is .avi and to my amateur pov looks good, definitely HD quality. Be warned that the video takes up A LOT of memory and the camera only takes up to 32GB SD cards.

3) INSTANT MEMORIES! I love that I can just print out a picture and touch it, use it, rub it and none of those things will mess it up after it's done. The fact that it is also a sticker makes making albums and Smashbooks easier. I have given them out as gifts to friends, use it to make going away presents for coworkers and it has been handy to use as "wallets" like back in the day. My little cousins personalized backpacks and for an avid Disneyland visitor like me, having prints of those memories is priceless.

CONS:
1) Picture quality is not always the best, you have to learn what setting works for what scene. This may be a hassle for some people but since I choose what pictures to print and save, not so much of a dealbreaker, just wanted to point it out to others. Colors are either brilliant and spot on, or slightly orangey. They look better on the computer than the camera's LCD screen. Printouts also can come out washed out but it depends on the picture taken in my pov.

2) Battery life not so good when printing multiples. It tends to run out faster when I am just in a printing session and unfortunately taking out the camera battery deletes the date/time setting, which you have to set before being able to take pictures. The battery is removable though but it does charge through ac adapter only. I have yet tried to charge it through usb. Mine came with all these plug adapters for different countries, which may be useful for those that travel, but I just stored them in the junk drawer. I do plan on getting a new battery for just in case.

3)You will not find ZINK Premium photo papers Polaroid 2x3" Premium ZINK Photo paper - 50-Pack in stores. I have been able to order some off Amazon but if I run out, I cannot just go to the store and get more. Keep that in mind if you are wanting this camera for crafting purposes or events. The paper itself is cheap and I haven't wasted more than a handful in the past year. I believe around $0.50 a print.

If you want a fun camera that helps you shares memories in a unique way, I recommend this camera. This is a gadget in all the sense of the word, not something professional photographers or nitpickers should get, because you will be disappointed. Figure out if your needs are what this camera can give you, because I am thoroughly happy with mine and will be giving one to my cousin now that the price has gone down.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
55 comments| 507 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 27, 2016
It is a little to big for a point and shoot camera. In the same way, 10 MP might be not enough for today standards and I am not completely sure that this camera produce better pictures than my 8MP iPhone (thats why I dropped 1 star). BUT! been able to print the pictures makes this camera really fun, specially on social events / family reunions. My main camera is a mirrorless with some expensive lens, but I use this one to let someone else make "snapshots" and then print some of those.
The camera can store 1 picture on the internal memory, so you can still use it w/o memory card if you plan to print immediately. On the other hand, the camera can hold 10 sheets of Zink paper, so you might want to carry some extra packages. Each package contains 10 sheets which makes it easy to reload the camera.
Note. I read somewhere that you should keep the blue sheet with bar codes that came with the Zink papers that are included with your camera. This is in case the new packages are not working properly.
on January 7, 2018
My daughter wanted the Fuji instant camera for Christmas. I did not like that it 1) could not save the image digitally 2) could only print the picture once and 3) always printed the picture. I set out for a better camera with the instant ability. This is it!
Pros: It accepts an SD card so images can be saved.
You can chose not to print the picture
you can print the image more than once.
There are other options as well like making the image passport size. Since it is my daughter's I have not played with it all that much.
Cons: It is more bulky than the average point and shoot digital (but WAY smaller than the one she said she wanted)
the film is kinda pricey and I wonder how long the film will be available (think old polaroid - can't find that film anywhere)
Overall we are very happy and as a preschool teacher that sometimes needs images of the students quickly, I think there will be opportunities for me to borrow her camera. ;)
on December 15, 2017
I should have listened to the other reviews. I thought people sounded overly negative and must be exaggerating. But I was wrong. The concept of the camera is pretty cool, and I didn't mind the small size of the prints. The idea that I could take pictures, edit, AND print them with the camera, ans take videos as well seemed too good to be true. I thought it would be nice for scrapbooking without the wait to order prints from my phone. But the pictures come out very grainy no matter how I play around with the settings. There are also only 2 focusing options which really limits what you can even take a picture of. I've had the best luck with pictures indoors at night with flash. For some reason the pictures I've taken in natural light come out worse. The border options that come with it are tacky and also print out extremely low quality. I would return it if I hadn't already thrown out the packaging. This camera is not worth the money and it's such a disappointment because it was a lot of money for me to spend and I can't affors to just buy another camera. If you want instant pictures, just buy the classic style Polaroid that prints actual useable, quality pictures. This one seems to have taken technology back in time in the worst ways.
**For those who said their screen arrived scratched, it is the screen protector that peels off, not the actual screen.**
on August 18, 2015
I got this camera for my 13 year old daughter. She was very excited to get this, as she has never experienced a Polaroid camera before. Before she played with it; however, I took it for a test drive, so to speak, to see what it could do.

This camera comes with many things which make it unique. The obvious difference between this and other digital cameras is that this camera can print pictures. Furthermore, the photo paper itself is unique, because it doesn't require any ink. Additionally, the charger for the camera comes with four different plug adapters, making it easy to take this camera on an international trip. Finally, the instruction booklet is printed in twelve different languages. I don't know how things are done internationally, but in the United States most instructions/signage, other than the stuff we buy at IKEA, are printed in English, Spanish, and maybe French. So, I thought that was really innovative thinking on the part of Polaroid, because it is able to create a product which is marketed with a more global appeal.

The camera also comes with the standard products available with most point-and-shoots. It includes a wrist strap and a USB cable so that you can hook it up to your computer. It also comes with the "Polaroid Z2300 Instant Print Digital Camera Software." Of course, as I already mentioned, the charger is included. So, you don't have to worry about batteries. As this is a camera which can print, they also provide a sample of the 2x3 Polaroid ZINK paper for the camera.

So, now that I am done covering the basic information, here's what you really want to know. How does the camera compare to others? How well does this camera work? To test the camera, I had my daughter take four pictures of me: indoor with low-light and no flash, indoor with low-light and the flash, indoor with no light (completely dark room) and the flash, and outdoor before sunset with no flash. For a 10MP camera, all of the pictures seem a little grainy and soft. I don't really see any crisp photos. Honestly, the picture that I took of the camera and the components, which was taken with my HTC One M8 rear camera in low-indoor lighting, came out better than the photos snapped with the Polaroid. I did find that natural outdoor lighting seems to be better than indoor lighting. A lot of the pictures taken indoor were deleted, because they came out really blurry. However, I was impressed that the camera was able to capture as much detail as it did in a completely dark room.

Unlike the old Polaroids, the digital Polaroid only prints the photos that you want to print. The printed pictures come out fairly close to the way the photos look on the computer screen, maybe a bit fuzzier/softer.The ZINK paper used for printing is said to be smudge-proof, water-resistant, and tear-resistant. I did try to tear the pictures. Let me tell you, these suckers are hard to tear. The paper backing on the photo did rip, but the top layer with the actual printed photo only wrinkled. Water is not absorbed into these pictures; it stays in droplets. While the drops can be shaken off the pictures without harming them, if you rub the water in hard enough (I had to rub it around quite a bit) it will smudge the ink some. So, the pictures aren't entirely smudge-proof, but you do have to really work to get the ink to move around on these. I did try to smudge the ink when I first printed the photos, but it didn't damage the prints at all. There was no ink transfer and I didn't have to wait for them to dry.

Honestly, I would give this camera three stars. It's okay. Personally, I grew up with Polaroid cameras. I value the new technology and the crisp clear pictures. I have a printer to print photos up to 8.5"x11" and the photos print very nicely. My Canon 12MP point-and-shoot wasn't much more than this a few years ago and the pictures from that camera are so much clearer. So, I really can't say that I am impressed with this Polaroid camera. That being said, I didn't get this camera for me. As I stated at the beginning of this review, I got this for my 13 year old daughter and she loves this camera. She never had a Polaroid and couldn't wait to get this and start taking pictures. According to her, this camera is "four stars, because it's a Polaroid and it prints pictures very well. It's just cool, look at it." So, while I received this camera at a discounted price in exchange for my honest and unbiased review, I am giving this camera four stars for my daughter. If you are looking for quality pictures from a point-and-shoot, this isn't the camera for you. However, if you are looking for a fun camera, maybe for your teenager, then this might be for you!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 22, 2016
I bought this camera refurbished, and it works great! The only problems that I've had are very minor to me. The first picture I ever printed had a very faint line through it, but that never occurred again. The plastic screen protector is scratched up from the previous person who had it, but this truly is not a problem because its just the cheap one that comes with it. And the last problem that I had is that in order for the pictures to print, I have to angle the camera to the side for the picture paper to catch the rollers. But to me this really is not a bother because it still works. I love this camera because contrary to the standard polaroid cameras, you dont waste printer paper printing bad photos. You get to see the photo before they print. The paper is really cool and can be a sticker if you peel the back off. I just wish that they had an option to put a fake little frame on the photo to pretend it looks similar to the original polaroids. And it would be really cool if you could adjust the photo color. lastly, it is cool how the camera comes with different outlets. People that use these camers tend to travel, so it is cool to be able to have a different outlet according to the country you are going to.
on April 5, 2017
This is so fun! The film is expensive but this is really fun and a wonderful gift for a teenager. The pictures are nice quality and small in size. They do not have that classic retro polaroid look or feel, but in a world where photos are so transient and rarely tangible, this is a refreshing change. My 16 year old loved it.
on July 12, 2016
Got this as a Christmas gift from my husband and I love it. I volunteer at church to teach kids with special needs. Being able to instantly print photos when I teach makes the lessons more meaningful. People are impressed by the quality of the photos. Also, the size of the camera makes it easy to carry around. It's fairly easy to use but the manual isn't much help. I had to figure out most of the functions by trial and error. Also, the older POGO printer was bluetooth which meant I could print photos from my cell phone. This is not. Nevertheless, it's an excellent camera an well worth the money.
on October 29, 2017
I had an issue as soon as I opened the box. The LED screen was very scratched. Like I was shipped a used item. But I needed it for the night I received the camera so I went ahead and used it. It works fine and is a cute novelty idea. But there's only enough room for 8 photos before the memory is full. So you need to print as you go, which is time consuming. I decided to order this model because I thought I could take many photos and then go back and print later, as well as save all the images from the evening. Not the case. Disappointing.
on January 5, 2017
This camera is fun and pretty easy to use. I bought this for my wedding to put photos in the guest book. I just left it on the table and most people were able to figure it out. The internal memory only holds about 10 photos so use a bigger memory card or have someone handy to delete photos as they are taken. The papers sometimes don't sit correctly in the paper bay but sometimes just a slight "shake" will do. Photo quality is fine. This is not for doing beauty shots or hi-res images. It was great fun for the guests to use and put their sticker photo in the guest book. (The papers come adhesive-backed so you can use them as stickers if you want). It's also fun at parties to give guests copies of group shots and selfies.