Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 102 reviews
on December 26, 2015
The dual design, scale, and silicone cover are good features but thermometer only lasted for a single use (Turkey at Thanksgiving). When we attempted to use is second time (Prime Rib at Christmas) the needle measuring the internal temperature did not move. For this reason, it gets a one star rating. We are now looking for another Thermometer.
on April 30, 2011
What were the engineers thinking who designed this thermometer? It's a great idea, but the design is ridiculous. It's so big and heavy, it simply doesn't work. I don't do a lot of roasting, but I've had it for months and I have yet to be able to use it, because it just sags under its own weight. I imagine it would support itself fine in a large roast, but It sure doesn't work in a chicken, or in a turkey, or in a pork tenderloin. So I can't even say whether it actually tells the temperature accurately or not, because it's never yet been in the oven. What's the point of having a meat thermometer if you have to have ANOTHER meat thermometer to use for all the times this one doesn't work? It was a waste of money, and it's been taking up a big chunk of space in my kitchen drawer for much too long. Into the trash with it.
on November 29, 2016
Turkey was the test, and both temperatures appeared to be spot on. Only works, of course, when you're cooking something, not a standalone oven thermometer, so keep that in mind. Temp registers pretty quickly, so easy to make any early corrections. Meat thermometer appears to be accurate,
on May 17, 2010
Pros: Good for slow-roasting meat in the oven or on the grill. Good for keeping tabs on grill temp. It seems accurate when temping meat.

Cons: Unless cooking a roast, you can't use both thermometers at the same time. The oven temp section doesn't work if you want to stick the thermometer in the grill vent. You can't temp meat if you've been using it to keep track of grill/oven temp. Doesn't work well as a general purpose thermometer e.g. when warming egg whites to pasteurize them, I couldn't get an accurate reading from it.

While it had good potential for use in my kitchen and works for the most part, I wouldn't get it again and would instead go with a dedicated food thermometer and a dedicated grill thermometer
on June 11, 2014
I just bought a second one of these so I have one in the kitchen and one by the grill. The probe temperature is very accurate and responsive. The oven temperature lags but is accurate once it comes up. The guide to cooking temperatures printed on the face is a helpful reference, although I find 160 for steaks comes out to more than medium. I now take them off the grill at 150 which produces a center that is still a little pink. Fully cooking meat should not be left to guesswork. I recommend you use a meat thermometer and this one is a good choice. This is actually my third unit. The first one I left in a too-hot grill with the lid closed and the glass cracked. I called Polder and they put a new one in the mail right away, no charge and no questions asked. Great people to work with.
on September 28, 2015
This works fine and if I were using it as they intended inside the oven, it would be perfect. I tried to modify it for use in my solar oven. I wanted to know the temp inside the oven but to leave the device outside the oven and insert just the spike. Sadly that only measures up to 200 degrees or so. The oven thermometer must be inside the oven to work correctly and it is difficult to see the scale when it is inside. It works fine and if you are using it as intended, you'll like it a lot.
on March 20, 2017
Works OK, nothing special however.
on March 21, 2016
I bought a couple units and tried to use them on a whole pork roast event which could have been ruined because of these useless thermometers. The meat thermometer needle hardly worked and the oven thermometer didn't work at all. Don't waste your time and money!
on May 19, 2016
Top internal temperature reading is fine. The bottom one for the oven temp takes a while to read, and is still off. I've checked the internal reader against other calibrated thermometers and it seems pretty accurate.
on December 28, 2016
Appears to be well made and pretty accurate. Its nice to be able to measure both oven and meat temperature with the same thermometer. The insulated grip is a nice touch but I would suggest that you still use an oven mitt or pot holders if you are going to remove it directly from a hot oven.