Polder 90636-90H Iron Rest
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Steel clamp-on rest for irons between uses or during use
- Powder-painted frame and adjustable clamps fit any size ironing board
- Heat-proof silicone pads
- Holds iron horizontally or in angled upright position
- Measures 12 by 8 inches
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) The iron rests on it ALMOST horizontally (in a small angle) - which has a couple of advantages, compared to vertical position:
I accidentally knocked my previous iron down and broke it, when it was staying vertically on the iron board. The horizontal position of the iron is much more stable and safe;
the wire guards around perimeter also help to prevent from such accidents.
My iron goes into sleep mode, when it stays in vertical position for several minutes, which is a good safety feature - in case I forgot to turn it off and left,
but inconvenient, when I have to wait for it to warm up.
2) It adds more free space on the ironing board.
I have tried this Iron rest, which improved things but did not provide a totally satisfactory solution.
1) Having more ironing surface, since it clips to the ironing board
2) Reasonably priced
What I did not like
1) It stucks out from the ironing board. In my sewing room set up this did not work well, it was either in the way when approching the board, or hanging over the sewing table, also in the way.
2) Because it was in the way, I managed to almost knock it down, so it did not solve my original problem
3) When iron was full of water, it dripped on my wood floor
Eventually I found a solution that does work perfectly for me - a silicone iron rest. Whitney Designs 3131 Silicone Iron Rest Pad The Silicone Iron Rest pad is heat resistant and non-slip. It is very stable. As an added bonus the pad is water proof, so if the water leaks out it stays on the pad.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A bit late on bringing my review to potential customers, definitely worth the purchase. after some odd years using it, it has not broken once and still going strong.Published 8 months ago by paul kiene
Had to return. Did not hang onto the ironing board as expected.Published 10 months ago by Minerva Recio
I've been using this iron rest for several months now, and it works great! Sometimes when I'm ironing large items, they take up the whole ironing board and there's no place to set... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Kevin Doheny
Works great on my ironing board, though it took a little effort to get it tight enough. Well worth it.Published 11 months ago by Kathleen M.
I doubted this would fit my extra-wide, very padded board but ordered it anyway. It's PERFECT. Can't imagine how I ever ironed without it.Published 12 months ago by Dolores Garneau
Works great, easy to install, quick and easy removal...love it. I really like the wire that runs along the rim which is great for keeping your hangers from slipping off. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Amazon Customer
I like having my ironing board free of extra stuff and this keeps my iron close but yet out of the way.Published 14 months ago by Dave Klaren
Does just what I want it to do. Fits my custom board top for my ironing board which was converted for my quilting activities.Published 14 months ago by DMP11