Other Sellers on Amazon
Polder KSC-310-28 Easy Read Digital Glass Top Scale, Silver
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sleek, modern kitchen scale with non-removable glass top
- Measures up to 6-1/2 pounds (3 KG); displays in 1/8-ounce or 1 gram increments
- Add and Weigh feature lets you weigh multiple items consecutively without removing from scale
- Powered by pair of 3V batteries; low battery indicator
- Wipe glass top clean with soap and water; 1-year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Polder Solves Problems
We are the solutions resource, making items for everyday living throughout the home. We focus on taking universal daily tasks, studying and applying our user-centered design philosophy to create products that are useful, beautiful and better.
Polder Kitchen Scales
Accurate results every time
An essential kitchen tool for chefs, bakers, home cooks, and health conscious individuals.
- Great for baking, portion control and more.
- Easy to read analog and digital scales offer precise measurements.
- Metric and Imperial measurements for easy conversions.
Compare to similar items
This item Polder KSC-310-28 Easy Read Digital Glass Top Scale, Silver
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Household Trends||Yifi-Tek|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 11 x 9 in||8.6 x 11.25 x 2.12 in||1.75 x 8.25 x 6 in||9.25 x 7.25 x 1.75 in||7.48 x 9.84 x 3.54 in||4.13 x 5 x 0.67 in|
Easy-Read Digital Kitchen scale features extra large read out and sleek glass top. Weighing up to 7 lbs, this scale measures in .125 oz. Increments and boasts add n'weigh capability. Auto shut-off feature an added plus.
Top customer reviews
But good company service.
4/29/17 update, contacted the manufacturer and they are sending me a replacement free of charge. Waiting to receive it. if I get it then I will change my rating as that would be good customer service.
piece of junk. worked for a few months then just refused to even turn on, replaced batteries, no good. Wont work at all. Garbage/ Don't waste your money
Update. After using this for 4 months my opinion has changed. It is used perhaps 1-2 times a week for a few minutes at time. Now, after about 30 seconds of use, it will not keep a steady count. It will not settle on a weight, just jumping up and down at random, even with nothing on the scale. I see others have had the same problem. Turn it off and back on, same thing happens. I now have my doubts about the usefulness of this scale, so I changed my rating to a 1, zero if that was a choice..........
I'm on my third attempt to contact or speak with someone at Polder regarding their warranty, which is one year. So far, I've left two messages on their web site and one phone call, yet I was only given the choice to leave a message. If, I'm so lucky to get a replacement, for which I must pay shipping to and from, it will be my last Polder. In fact, if not resolved within another day, I will complain to Amazon regarding this product and why they continue to carry it. I finally got a response from Polder and after a reply back, they say they will send a new one to me.....will update when that happens.
After three calls/emails, I was finally contacted by Polder. They asked what was wrong, and then offered to send me a new one. I did not have to send in the old one, and within several days I had new scale. Great service. I just hope that this scale lasts longer than the first one, if so great scale for the money, if not, well, I will update again.
I'm making the rating back to a 4, because of the problems with the first scale.
Out of the box, the scale seemed curiously slower to produce a final weight number than my last Polder, which I believe was the same model. I think I have identified the culprit --
-- the batteries that came with the unit (4 AAA batteries) must have been old, or weak, or both.
I've since replaced the batteries with some nice new Ray-o-Vacs, and it now has a bit more pep. (And I agree with the reviewer who wrote that Polder just shouldn't even bother putting the batteries in ... weak batteries that make your product seem inferior just isn't good for business.)
I use this scale on a daily basis to weigh my coffee in grams before grinding; I put the grinder cup on the scale, hit "tare", then put the beans in to measure. It is a little slow to show the final result, and I find myself lifting the grinder cup off of the scale, shaking up the beans, and putting it back again, just to be 100% sure of the number.
But, once I am sure the scale has finished figuring things out, I am confident the number it shows me is precise and accurate.
I have recently become a Cook's Illustrated fan/nerd/cultist, and have bought the most recent "winner" in this category: OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Food Scale with Pull-Out Display, 11-Pound . It just arrived, and I am very happy with the purchase, but honestly, a little sad to see my Polder go. It's good looking, it has a nice, slim little footprint that makes it easy to find a place to store it, and it has served me well for just about a year (much more than that, if you count the nearly 10 years of service given by my previous Polder scale of the same or similar model). Truth be told, it takes my fancier new replacement scale a little bit of time to arrive at a final result, too ... I now think this is just how scales work, probably especially when they're trying to be precise.
I happily recommend this product, but heartily suggest that the batteries that come with the unit be discarded immediately, and replaced with brand new AAA batteries from a trusted brand.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE::
* Unit shuts itself off; pressing "off" only tares things again. Do not despair! The unit will automatically turn itself off after a few (3?) minutes. I just shove it back in the kitchen drawer when I'm done using it.
* Switching between grams and ounces is a breeze. Just press the big button that says "KG" "LB" to toggle between grams and ounces.
* Unit takes four AAA batteries, not a pair of 3V batteries, as stated in Amazon's description (and this is the link I used to purchase it!)
* Maximum Weight ... uh. The Amazon link says this Polder scale can weigh up to a maximum of 6 1/2 pounds (3KG); meanwhile, Polder's website for this same model (KSC-310-28) states that it can weigh up to 11 pounds (5KG). I threw away the box my Polder came in months and months ago, so don't know if it mentioned anything. I generally don't weigh very heavy items, so am never in danger of pushing things ... but with this particular Polder ... I wouldn't push it. Despite the manufacturer's statement, I'd stick with 6 1/2 pounds or less for this model.