Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on June 18, 2016
Great book with wonderful ideas to improve any presentation. Outside the box thinker! This should be in the library of any trainer.
on December 29, 2013
...for police instructors. Most instructors in law enforcement are awful. Neil is doing something about it. I share his passion: training and education are the foundation of a good officer and agency. Most of the book was a confirmation of lessons I have already learned by being in the classroom myself. I skimmed a good portion of the book, but that's OK. I think the author intended it to be a reference manual more than a "how to." I was particularly challenged by his encouragement to share my material. When another cop asks me, "Hey, can I get your slides on ___" what I hear is "I'm too lazy to do it myself, so can I use your work, and, also since I have your stuff I won't prepare and will end up massacring your slides and lesson plan and then half-ass your best ideas for student interaction..." I know what Neil is saying about benefitting the profession, but man, I'm not there yet.
on October 2, 2013
well written by a dedicated professional law enforcement officer with a great attitude. wish i had read it years ago, thanks.
on July 24, 2013
Richard Neil has written a easy-to-use guide for step-by-step police instruction. His down-to-earth style, along with the use of a little humor to smooth the way, guides the reader to a student-focused approach in the classroom. Never forgetting the importance of the audience's perspective as the most important aspect of training is the key to using this work effectively. A must-have for all police instructor libraries.

With areas such as "The Type A's" and "The Humor Safety Valve," the author reminds us that the best police training is conducted by experienced police officers with can set aside their egos and offer their best insights into the brave and dangerous world of policing.
on April 1, 2013
The book has topics & ideas clearly defined. A wonderful "How To" aide for anyone that has probably one of the most difficult "Student Audiences" to teach to. Great resource for both the Newly-Certified or "Seasoned" Law Enforcement Instructor.

Alan Mark,
Police Officer/FTO/Medic,
In Service Instructor
L.A.County Police (Ret.)
on March 17, 2013
excellent read a b c d e f g h i j k l m n op es rtef se
on January 29, 2013
I have been wanting to find a book on this and this has exceeded my expectations on the quality of the writing. Easy to read without boring me to death like some other books on the market.
2 people found this helpful
on January 15, 2013
Can be a Good reference book. Not much new that I did not already know from instructor development school. Shipped and arrived fast.
2 people found this helpful
on August 22, 2012
Want to be a better trainer? Presenter? Instructor? Then this book is for you.

Don't let the title fool you, if you're a police or CJ trainer, this is perhaps THE book for you. However it's not just for police and CJ trainers. Anyone who teaches, presents, trains or otherwise educates people of any ages will benefit from this book.

The examples and techniques are tried and true among some of the toughest students anywhere, cops. They work with them, they'll work with your group. Get it. Read it. Use it. You will not be sorry.
on June 28, 2012
Richard's passion for training cops shines on every page. I have been working with out up and coming officers to develop their training ability, but lacked the focus to develop a comprehensive training program to help them improve. I used the lessons in the book and my own experience to develop a training program for new police instructors that meets one day per week over several weeks. Everyone I have shared the book with enjoys it and finds something to add to their tool box.