- Paperback: 624 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 3rd edition (August 14, 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0131126342
- ISBN-13: 978-0131126343
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 1.4 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 11 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #706,639 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Police Patrol: Operations and Management (3rd Edition) 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
Covers patrol operations, goals and strategies. It combines management theory with case study examples taken from small police departments. New edition adds coverage of community and problem oriented policing. Each chapter focuses on a specific aspect of police patrol operations. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Hale's Police Patrol, Third Edition covers patrol operations, goals, and strategies. Each chapter focuses on a specific aspect of police patrol operations. It combines management theory with case study examples taken from small police departments in addition to coverage of community and problem oriented policing. This new edition discusses important issues such as:
- The most fundamental aspects of the patrol functionpreparing for patrol and patrol techniques
- The role of the uniformed police officer in the criminal investigation process
- Community outreach programs including victim advocacy programs, citizen advisory councils, and school curricula
- Cultural diversity in the workplace
- The importance of integrity in police work
- Bias crime, stalking, and racial profiling
Police Patrol will serve the needs of the law enforcement community and further strengthen and improve upon the police patrol effort. This third edition may prove to be especially useful to police personnel who are employed in accredited police agencies or in those that are considering or attempting accreditation.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now