Other Sellers on Amazon
Police Woman: Complete Second Season
Deal of the Day: "M*A*S*H: The Complete Series + Movie" on DD
Today only, save big on this M*A*S*H bundle, which includes all 11 seasons of the hit television show and the feature film. This offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on Wednesday, July 27, 2016. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This set consists of the 24 episodes that aired during the 1975-76 TV season on NBC. The picture quality is excellent and they all look like they were filmed yesterday. Purists will be delighted because the original Columbia logo is present at the end of the episodes so you are experiencing them exactly as they aired in 1975-76! Some episodes contain the alternate harpsichord theme song instead of the more familiar piano one. The insert has a nice color photo of Angie on the back and the same image of her appears on all 6 discs. The episode title and original airdates are listed; the episode descriptions are not.
I was most looking forward to the segment that features Donna Mills as a crazed woman who put her baby up for adoption, and now will go to any lengths--even murder--to get that baby back. The guest stars this season read like a who's-who of Hollywood from the '50s to the '80s including Ida Lupino, Sam Elliott, Erik Estrada, Diane Baker, James Darren, Joan Collins, Joanna Pettet, Gerald McRaney, Amy Irving, Jeannette Nolan and plenty more! The guest stars are the gravy but Angie Dickinson, who's effortless sexuality oozes out of the screen and reliable Earl Holliman are of course the meat-and-potatoes of the show.
Sometimes gritty, sometimes campy '70s fun (thanks to Pepper's wigs, massive hoop earrings and bell-bottom hip-huggers), "Police Woman" is long overdue on DVD and won't likely be shown on a cable network near you anytime soon. Buy it so we get Seasons 3 and 4 quickly after!
This is a surprisingly violent and sexy police show. Yes, there are some camp aspects of costumes (where does Pepper hide her transmitter when she goes undercover in such skimpy outfits?) and situations but for the most part, POLICE WOMAN boasts smart, fast-moving scripts (with funny banter between the show's regulars), assured direction and a great guest cast.
1. "Pawns of Power" (50:16) with Roddy McDowall, Robert Goulet
2. "The Score" (50:18) with Michael Constantine, Christopher Stone
3. "Paradise Mall" (50:20) with Bruce Boxleitner, Georganne LaPiere (Cher's half-sister)
4. "Pattern For Evil" (50:18) with Janet Margolin, Charlie Brill
5. "The Chasers" (50:18) with Ida Lupino, Ian McShane
6. "Cold Wind" (50:18) with Kenneth Mars, Daniel Benton
7. "Above and Beyond" (50:19) with Jonella Allen, Peter Brown
8. "Farewell, Mary Jane" (50:10) with Loni Anderson, Sam Elliott
9. "Blaze of Glory" (50:14) with Don Stroud, Artie Shaw
10. "Glitter with a Bullet" (50:15) with Frank Gorshin, Nita Talbot
11. "The Purge" (50:18) with Tige Andrews, David Huddleston
12. "Don't Feed the Pigeons" (50:21) with Erik Estrada, Jeanette Nolan
13. "The Hit" (50:17) with Amy Irving, Eddie Egan
14.Read more ›
Alot of what's on TV today does not appeal to me, so I create my own TV line ups with these videos...gets me through the long winter months.
I know Amazon is just the retailer here and is in no position to have these released, however, I do thank them for allowing me to voice my frustration out to the great unknown.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
excellent. brought back memories of when this show was on back in the day.Published 3 months ago by char
WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR RELEASING SEASON 3 AND 4 ! THE COPIES ARE FABULOUS AND ANGIE IS SUPERB!
I AM FRENCH AND THIS SERIES HAS BEEN OUT THE SCREENS FOR AGES!
Love the show just very disgusted that Shout Factory finally dropped the ball by picking up this series and not finishing with the final 2 seasons.....unbelievable!Published 20 months ago by Daverick