Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single..." and save 69% off the $239.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Single 10-inch subwoofer in black with built-in high-current amplifier for big bass
- Equipped with one 10-inch polymer-composite dynamic-balance cone driver
- Laser-based Klippel measurement technology for improved linearity and deep, precise sound
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with 0.75-inch-thick baffles and internal bracing
- Measures 14 by 14.38 by 16.12 inches (WxHxD)
- Polk Audio loudspeakers and subwoofers are capable of playing at extremely high volume levels. You should limit prolonged exposure to volumes that exceed 85 decibels(dB).
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
- PSW enclosures are designed and engineered for perfect volume, minutely tuned for distortion-free low frequencies, and internally braced and damped to eliminate internal standing waves and other performance-robbing resonances.
- This unique configuration uses a specially tuned and directed port to more efficiently produce maximum bass impact.
- Combining just the right driver materials, speaker geometry and enclosure construction techniques has a synergistic effect that produces cleaner, clearer sound.
- PSW subwoofers comes with durable, resonance-free Dynamic Balance driver materials that stay stiff and move fast. You experience deep, musical low frequencies and thrilling effects with superior system blending.
Easy Connection To Any System
- Easily accessible, professional-grade line and speaker-level inputs, and speaker level outputs, allow easy connection to any system.
- Smart sensing circuitry knows when to turn itself on and off. Superior compression circuitry limits distortion at extreme volume levels. Intelligent amplifier also features adjustable low-pass crossover, phase switch & subwoofer volume controls to professionally control your bass output and the subwoofer's blending characteristics with your front stage speakers.
- PSW Series subwoofers blend perfectly with systems composed of other Polk loudspeakers, especially TSi, RM and R/T/M Series speakers.
- Unique design keeps your subwoofer stable and steady even at radical volume levels, for more efficient use of power. No more 'escaped washing machine' syndrome.
- Height: 14.375" (36.51 cm).
- Width: 14" (35.56 cm).
- Depth: 16.125" (40.96 cm).
- Weight: 26 lbs (11.79 kg).
- Audio Quality:
1. Lower and Upper -3dB Limits, 40 Hz → 160 kHz.
1. Audio Inputs: Stereo Line Level - (2) RCA, Pair (L/R) Analog RCA.
2. Speaker Inputs: (2) Pair of Spring Terminals.
1. Audio Outputs.
2. Speaker Outputs.
3. (2) Pair of Spring Terminals.
Compare to similar items
This item Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||14 x 16.13 x 14.38 in||15.12 x 18.19 x 16.12 in||11.4 x 12.4 x 12.4 in||11 x 14 x 12.13 in||11.5 x 13.38 x 11.5 in||13.34 x 15.19 x 13.34 in|
|Speaker Type||—||Subwoofers||Subwoofer||Subwoofer||Subwoofers||Subwoofers, Floorstanding, Bookshelf|
PSW10 fills in the bottom end of your home theater system. Relieve your main speakers from performing bass duty and let them work on the mids and highs. PSW10 is a great addition to any subwooferless system and will bring your movie watching experience to the next level. All woofers feature a floor coupled downward firing port. This configuration brings you maximum bass impact while keeping the front of the cabinet as low profile as possible. All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime. The voltage of the item is Standard US Voltage / 120 volts.
Top customer reviews
Fantastic, deep, thundering sound for my home theater system. Excellent response. It also adds the thrill of "being there" when I play first-person-shooters on the PS4 (COD: Ghosts is still my favorite!). It's actually a bit OVER powered for what I am using it for, however I just use the volume/power knob and turn it down until the bass matches the need (music vs. movie vs. gaming, etc). As another reviewer noted, DO NOT let the 50 watts RMS spec deter you or fool you into thinking this thing is underpowered... it is NOT. :)
A big plus is that it comes with both speaker-level and line-level inputs. I was a bit disappointed that it did not include an LFE input, however. No big deal though. It also has a variable crossover and volume knob. See the pic I included for the full set of back panel features available to the end user. It may help some of you to understand the connection options at your disposal.
I used it to replace the cheap 6" subwoofer that my Pioneer "home theater in a box" came with. The difference is astounding. I also had to replace the Pioneer receiver because the display went out and a couple of the channels quit working, so I bought a Pioneer VSX-530-K... it works well with this Polk subwoofer.
If I ever need to upgrade my home theater system, I know I can keep this sub because it will fit right in with a higher-end system.
I have two of these, splitting signal before a pair of 80's vintage Dahlquist bookshelf speakers. This is all being driven by an also vintage HK 55W amp. This system will get about 90dB tops. Loud enough, but not crazy. But it sounds SO DAMN GOOD.
It's not like my main home theater sub, a Velodyne that cost 7times as much, but I don't aks it to thump 22hz @ 105dB either.
We have this speaker attached to a Zvox AV200 sound bar and it sounds great! It really helps bring out the low range sounds that the sound bar was not designed to highlight.
We had to go online and do about 2 hours worth of research to learn how to set up and subwoofer like this one, but there are plenty of directions out there if you want to do some studying before you try setting it up.
In our personal opinions you can't go wrong with this subwoofer and Amazon makes it even better at a cost of $100.00!
Be careful, you can very easily "rattle the room" by accident. It has great low range accent.
Oh, and by the way, we connected it to the soundbar by use of a "Y" cable with two RCE plugs on one end and a mini-jack on the other. This connection is very easy and works well
1. If you have a large room, you may find this sub inadequate. I originally had it hooked up to my main home theater setup in a large room and it was not quite able to fill the space. I ended up buying a 12" sub and moving this into a much smaller room for my PC setup.
2. The front face cover is connected to the main housing by six small posts. 3 of the 6 posts flat out broke off after a year of use, which would cause a rattle when the bass was hitting hard. No problem, you can just remove it and not worry about the rattle. I honestly don't know what concerns there may be with running the sub without that front face cover, but so far so good.
I have two Polk TL3 satellite speakers hooked up along with this sub. They complement each other very nicely and make for a pleasing audio experience.