Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,992 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,284 reviews
on June 30, 2016
This is a great, quality product from an industry leader, at an affordable price. I honestly do not think you can find a better sub for the money. This thing exceeds all expectations as an entry-level audio component. I purchased this on Amazon with free Prime shipping for less than $110. Amazing...

Fantastic, deep, thundering sound for my home theater system. Excellent response. It also adds the thrill of "being there" when I play first-person-shooters on the PS4 (COD: Ghosts is still my favorite!). It's actually a bit OVER powered for what I am using it for, however I just use the volume/power knob and turn it down until the bass matches the need (music vs. movie vs. gaming, etc). As another reviewer noted, DO NOT let the 50 watts RMS spec deter you or fool you into thinking this thing is underpowered... it is NOT. :)

A big plus is that it comes with both speaker-level and line-level inputs. I was a bit disappointed that it did not include an LFE input, however. No big deal though. It also has a variable crossover and volume knob. See the pic I included for the full set of back panel features available to the end user. It may help some of you to understand the connection options at your disposal.

I used it to replace the cheap 6" subwoofer that my Pioneer "home theater in a box" came with. The difference is astounding. I also had to replace the Pioneer receiver because the display went out and a couple of the channels quit working, so I bought a Pioneer VSX-530-K... it works well with this Polk subwoofer.

If I ever need to upgrade my home theater system, I know I can keep this sub because it will fit right in with a higher-end system.
review image
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2016
I recently purchased this subwoofer, and I very rarely leave reviews but had to give this speaker a shout out. I have it paired with a Yamaha rx-v377 av receiver and two Polk t15 bookshelf speakers. I use it primarily for listening to music at decent volume but nothing too crazy and it sounds great. I was inclined to write a review just because of how much this subwoofer puts out while sounding clean with no distortion. It was used recently for a barn dance party paired up with 4 Polk t15 speakers playing loud bass heavy music and it more than kept up. The sound filled the barn and it was set only at 1/2 of max gain. Couldn't be happier with this purchase. I've had many different brands of speakers and Polk never disappoints. If your looking for a great deal on a sub to complete your sound system look no further. There's a reason this has been an Amazon best seller for so long.
on May 15, 2017
I am not using this as my main channel subwoofer, but rather as a booster for my rear speakers. This works well, and allows me to reclassify me rear speakers as "large". I use the Polk Audio PSW15 as my main channel booster and the combination works great. The price on Amazon for this speaker was excellent.
on April 28, 2014
For under a hundred bucks (used like new), this was a great deal. The adjustable volume and cross-over frequency allows it to dovetail harmoniously with my other speakers - any of them. I used it with some very fine cast-metal-housing front speakers that drop out around 80 Hz - and with this set to about 120 Hz, the response was even for all the musical spectrum. With the option of using a speaker-level input OR a line-level input, I have a great versatility: by using the speaker level input, the volume of the sub is controlled by my setting for my main system speaker volume and I don't need to readjust the sub. The phase switch is handy, though I haven't needed it yet - and the auto-power works perfectly with the speaker-level inputs. With a 10-inch driver, I don't expect to shake the rafters with T-Rex impact tremors - but my thunderstorms are almost as refreshing as the real thing.
on December 7, 2014
My receiver is a Yamaha is an HTR-7065 driving a 5.1 set-up with speakers built in to walls. I had a cambridge soundworks subwoofer - one of the originals so 17 years old - between the receiver and the L/R speakers. I bought this PSW10 for a bit more bass. I sit 16' from the front speakers, and the room is an open space with vaulted ceilings. Its not an ideal space, but its what I have. I bought the PSW10 to get a bit more bass and it lives in the built-in entertainment console. The 7065 has two subwoofer LFE outputs so I wired them both into the PSW10's two inputs. An alternative is to use a splitter, but I didn't have a quality one handy. I set the PSW10 to max volume and ran the 7065s automated set-up. I got a W-3 level error: the subwoofer was too loud compared to the other 5 speakers and the 7065 couldn't compensate. I adjusted the PSW10 to half volume and this time got no error, and the 7065 has the PSW10 adjusted to -9db. This means the PSW10 is more subwoofer than my other speakers can handle. Still, I have not yet run the system at full volume as it is unbearably loud before that point.

I primarily watch movies on this thing, and occasionally my kids pump dub-step through it. Explosions in movies like Transformers and Edge of Tomorrow are precise and punchy. Sawtooths are distinguishable from sinewaves. "Engine noises" are wonderful and atmospheric without booming. My kids have no complaint about how Skrillex is rendered, and as a demonstration of my system, dub-step seems an ideal genre: lots of bass, both thumpy and wub-wub. On a classical note, Bach's Tocatta and Fugue in D minor's bass pipes are amazingly rich and powerful and give me goosebumps every time.

This is a great price for this subwoofer, and I have no need for anything more.
on November 17, 2016
Personally speaking, this is the best $100.00 I have ever spent. I cannot believe how good the performance of this device is, especially if you factor in bang for the buck! My system has built in the wall and ceiling Bose speakers. I bought a Denon AV receiver and everything sounded okay, but missing the low end bass. I added the PSW10 and my home theater sounds amazing. The setup was easy using the left and right sub outputs of my 7.2 channel receiver into the left right RCA inputs of the PSW10. I read some reviews about this being low end, and do not expect too much, while I agree it is a low end product, my expectations were completely shattered. Since I have 2 sub outputs, I also wonder what 2 of these would sound like. I am completely satisfied and would buy this thing again and again. Way to go Polk Audio!
on August 21, 2015
Amazing! I'm buying another one! It is MASSIVE for $130 and it sounds AMAZING!!! Plus the outside has a very nice finish! Some tips for this is to get an rca cable with 1 females and 2 male( red and white) for the subwoofer and if you want to hook up to a set of speakers without a receiver or amp, then get another cable with 2 females and a male. Hope this helps!
review image review image
11 comment| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2017
1st of all; check the dimensions of your sound setup area before purchasing the bass cube. This thing is MASSIVE! It works extremely well. I have it paired with my Polk N1 gaming soundbar and it rocks. You WILL need to purchase a RCA AMP OUT cable along with the cube as it does not come with one. The bass kicks hard though and there are plenty of adjustments in the back. There are also ports for speaker wires , if you're fortunate enough to have a surround system. I'm very happy with the purchase, the price is great, unlike those Bose ripoffs!
on April 7, 2017
Okay, it's been awhile since I've been really IMPRESSED with a purchase. This is one of those times!

This thing is a beast! It's bigger than I thought it would be. And it puts out some mean bass!! Kinda scary, actually. I live in an apartment, and I'm really nervous it'll just make the whole place rattle if I turn it up any higher. Right now, I keep it at a very modest volume, and still get very crisp and full bass! I love it! It makes my music and my TV come to life like I've never heard before!

I'm sure with me living in an apartment, I'll never really fully realize the full potential of this monster, but that's okay. I'm very happy with this sub. And for the price, it's a STEAL!
on July 6, 2017
This little, affordable fella really packs a punch! Amazing that a name brand sub like this can be had for such a great price. My JBL 12" Sub just suddenly died. I was going to try to find somewhere to get it fixed but sheesh, I couldn't find anyone to look at it for less than the price of this one brand new. That said, my 12" JBL wassss a little better, but... For this price? Brand new? You just can't go wrong.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.