Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Polk Audio Atrium 4 Outdoor Speakers (Pair, White)
|Price:||$115.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Atrium Series Speakers exceed baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance.
- Anodized aluminum tweeter domes with rubber surrounds are absolutely immune to the elements, offer better power handling and smooth response.
- Tweeter phase cap smooths the frequency response from 12KHz up to 20kHz, the last audible octave.
- Broad coverage baffle design fills a large open outdoor space with big, full-range sound. A more steeply-angled baffle maximizes critical mid- and high-frequency dispersion over a large area, without sacrificing detail.
- Speed-Lock Mounting System for easy, safe one-handed installations even in difficult locations; 5 years parts and labor
- Atrium Series Speakers exceed baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance
- Anodized Aluminum Tweeter Domes with Rubber Surrounds are absolutely immune to the elements, provide the smooth
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Brand Name: Polk Audio
- Model Number: AM4088-A
- Color: White
- Speaker Type: Outdoor
- Speaker Connectivity: Wired
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Polk Audio Atrium 4 Outdoor Speakers (Pair, White)
Polk Audio Atrium 6 Speakers (Pair, White) B00378KMG4
Polk Audio Atrium 5 Speakers (Pair, White) B00378KMFA
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||9.5 inches x 7.5 inches x 6.25 inches||5.39 inches x 10.12 inches x 6.14 inches||11.75 inches x 8.75 inches x 7.75 inches||10.25 inches x 7.75 inches x 6.75 inches|
|Item Weight||3.5 pounds||8 pounds||5.4 pounds||4.6 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Exceptional sound anywhere you want it – really, anywhere. The compact Atrium® 4 Outdoor Loudspeaker meets or exceeds military specifications for environment endurance. Its small size makes it ideal for tight, out-of-way installations: by the pool, next to the deck or patio, around the kitchen, tucked away in the family den or filling the backyard with great sound. The easy to mount Atrium 4 will deliver high performance audio fall, winter, spring and summer, bringing years of outdoor enjoyment. Available in durable, weatherproof black or white paintable finishes.
- 4 1/2" (11.43cm) Dynamic Balance® long-throw mineral-filled polypropylene cone driver with butyl rubber surround pumps out surprising bass response from a compact design.
- 3/4" (19mm) Dynamic Balance anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround and neodymium magnet for better power handling and smoother response.
- Broad coverage baffle design fills a large open outdoor space with big, full-range sound. The Atrium 4 has a more steeply-angled baffle design that maximizes critical mid- and high-frequency dispersion over a large area, without sacrificing detail.
- Speed-Lock® Mounting, the easiest, fastest and safest of all mounting systems.
- Polk Audio All-Weather Certified, Atrium Series speakers exceed baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance (ASTM D5894-UV Salt Fog, Mil Standard 810 Immersion, Mil-Std 883 Method 1009.8 for salt and corrosion.) Polk All-Weather Certification means Atrium Speakers can effortlessly withstand the worst mother nature can dish out, whether its extreme temps or heavy rains.
Take a look inside this product
- 4 1/2" (11.43cm) Dynamic Balance® long-throw mineral-filled polypropylene cone driver with butyl rubber surround
- 3/4" (19mm) Dynamic Balance® anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround
- A more steeply-angled baffle design maximizes critical mid- and high-frequency dispersion over a large area.
- Durable, mineral-filled polypropylene cabinet design. Sounds like a real speaker (not "an outdoor speaker"), and survives years of seasonal changes.
- Aluminum grilles and bracket, with stainless steel and brass hardware: No rust. Ever.
- Gold-plated 5-way binding posts for the most secure, dependable hookups.
Dynamic Balance®. Polk perfected the method of analyzing a speaker's microscopic behavior while in motion using laser Interferometry. With that information in hand, Polk engineers select the ideal combination of materials, geometry and construction techniques to literally "tune out" unwanted resonance. The result is a speaker that delivers pure, distortion free deep bass.
Klippel Transducer Optimization. Using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers optimized the transducer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension for longer excursion and greater linearity bringing you the best possible performance even at the most extreme listening levels.
Speed-Lock® Mounting System. Our proprietary system for easy, safe one-handed installations even in difficult locations. The greatly simplified mounting procedure means the end to "juggling" at the top of the ladder. Simply mount the bracket and click the speaker into place. Aim it, tighten it down, and fini! Outdoor convenience, indoor sound quality! The new bracket also has a 45-degree down angle. Why adjust a speaker to a 45-degree angle, when we can design a mounting bracket that lets you install the speaker at that angle permanently? It's another feature of Atrium's new mounting system and a simple, elegant solution.
In the Box
Use with these products
|Mid/Woofer||1 - 4-1/2" Diameter (11.43cm) |
Dynamic Balance® Mineral Filled Polymer Cone with rubber surround
|Tweeter||1 - 3/4" Diameter (1.91cm) |
Dynamic Balance® Anodized Aluminum Dome Tweeter with Neodymium motor structure
|Overall Frequency Response||75Hz-25kHz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||10-80 w per channel|
|Inputs||Gold-plated 5-way Binding Posts|
|Cabinet Size||8-5/8" H x 5-11/16" W x 6-11/16" D |
(21.91cm H x 14.45cm W x 16.99cm D)
|Mounting Options||180-degree Speed-Lock® Mounting System|
|Product Weight||3.60 lbs. (1.63kgs)|
|Total Shipping Weight||9.50 lbs. (4.31kgs)|
|Speaker Warranty1||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
|1To ensure a valid warranty, Polk loudspeakers must be purchased at an Authorized Polk Audio home or car loudspeaker Dealer (such as Amazon.com). (If you're not sure a dealer is "authorized," call Polk Audio at 1-800-377-7655, and ask us.) The warranty is not transferrable, that means it applies only to the original purchaser. If you purchase your speakers from a private individual, that product is considered "used" and has NO factory warranty, no matter what the seller implies. The warranty is VOID if the serial number of the speaker has been removed or defaced. If you have any questions about your warranty coverage, or you think you need service, call Polk Customer Service at 1-800-377-7655. We're here to help you get the most from your new speakers!|
Top Customer Reviews
I have had the pleasure of owning speakers of all types and costs and can honestly say that polk has been my favorite choice as it provides a speaker array that can handle high watt output (8-4 ohm) and a full spectrum of audio range that is essential in obtaining a quality sound. The days of inter-modular distortion... "barking speakers" are pretty much gone from all makers shelves. But the Polk Atrium Series is a well made indoor/outdoor speaker that is perfect for your pool side, patio or onboard boat needs. However if you are looking for more punchy bass... I recommend upgrading to to Polks 6 series as the larger main speaker (woofer) has a more effective lower range. I have owned and opperated the Polk Atrium 4 in a number of differant venues with great enjoyment.
In my opinion the 4 series is a great all-weather speaker that is easy to install (comes with all the hardware) and if you have a smaller budjet 2-4 sets will fill your pool or linea area with music. However when ever possible adding two larger Atrium 6 series cabinets will enlarge your music spectrum (bass) and have a noticable improvement. I recommend placing your larger set under a soffit or at a closer quarter area to help enhance the speakers performance... becuase sound waves are all about moving air! Even the smaller Atrium 4 can sound more bass driven when placed in a more confined area that allows it to reflect/bombast more confined air. Do not be affraid to try out locations when installing multiple sets... enjoy! Tom Maroney retired Construction Engineer Boston, Massachusetts.
Generally speaking they are a solid set of speakers. They give a pretty balanced sound all around but lack a little fullness in the lower mid-range. This is particularly noticeable when playing orchestral type music like film scores or piano heavy music. Going from the lower mids to bass is where they really start to have trouble. For the size of the speaker I certainly wasn't expecting to really "feel" bass but these do drop off noticeably in the lower frequency ranges. If there's something to knock with the Atrium 4's, that's it. With other types of music (country, rock, etc...) those issues aren't as noticeable. With that said they offer a nice high end treble sound that is pleasing to the ear. Overall the tone is brighter than I generally prefer (all of my JBL's have a warmer tone) but it certainly isn't a deal breaker for me. They don't by any stretch of the imagination sound unpleasant. For our purposes, general entertaining...using them for music outside while we do yard work..., they fit the bill very nicely. For $100 I am overall satisfied with this purchase. If you can afford to, or if a flatter overall response is important, then I'd probably look at something a little more expensive. If you are comfortable giving up some sound quality or if budget is an issue then certainly gives these a serious look.
Installing these babies was an absolute breeze. The mounting hardware supplied by Polk is virtually idiot proof. It simply could not be any easier to mount these speakers.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
CANT TURN VOLUME UP ON THESE SOUND QUALITY GETS REALLY DISTORTEDPublished 13 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Have had these for only a week and so far I'm quite satisfied. I ran wires from all channels of my 5:2 A/V indoor receiver to my backyard deck which is off the upper level. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Larry
Great sound!! Our neighbors complained a few times hahahaha.Published 7 days ago by Katherine scott
Easy to mount under eaves, sounds good, just what I expected. When my son sets these at 70% on the receiver, at 50 ft they are a little loud for a picnic (for my taste). Read morePublished 9 days ago by Walter B
I put these on my back deck to add to the relaxation factor and I must say these are great! They have a good sound and are plenty loud enough for my needs and can be heard all over... Read morePublished 11 days ago by jashas