Other Sellers on Amazon
Polk Audio DB651 6.5"/6.75" 2-Way Marine Certified db Series Car Speakers with Liquid Cooled Silk Tweeters
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 6-1/2" / 6-3/4" 2-way Coaxial Speakers (Marine Certified)
- Power Handling: Peak: 360 watts per pair / RMS: 120 watts per pair
- Lightweight dynamic balance polymer/mica composite mineral filled cone woofer
- 3/4" Liquid-Cooled Silk/Polymer composite Dome Tweeter
- High Pass and Low Pass Crossover Filters / Low-mass 2-Layer 25mm Kapton Voice Coil former
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Polk Audio db651
6.5" / 6.75" 2-Way Marine Certified db Series Car Speakers w/ Liquid Cooled Silk Tweeters
Will fit most 6x9" and 5x7"/6x8" locations.
Peak: 360 watts per pair / 180 watts each.
RMS: 120 watts per pair / 60 watts each.
Tweeter: Silk/Polymer composite.
Woofer: Polymer/Mica composite.
What's in the box:
- Two 2-way speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 8 Self-tapping screws (length=1")
- 8 Speed clips
- 2 Spacer/adapter brackets (includes GM/Chrysler 6-3/4G)
- 8 Self-tapping screws (length=3/8")
- 2 Foam rubber gaskets
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Span/Fren /Ger/Ita/Port)
- Online registration sheet
Expect Great Sound
Polk is the great american sound!
Every ride comes alive...
- In 1972 change was everywhere. In our appearance. In our attitude. In our music. It was an era when the live show evolved into a milestone, selling out stadiums and inspiring a new generation with a mindblower of a soundtrack. Our founders set out to capture the wonder of the live concert experience and bring it home. Throughout the decades since, we've continued making speakers to elevate all aspects of sound—in movies, TV and music—to provide you with the ultimate listening experience that's always accessible.
- Polk Audio car audio systems are designed to make your car, truck or SUV sound better than the concert hall. Our car loudspeakers, subwoofers and PA amplifiers deliver rugged reliability and thrilling sound performance. Turn your drive into a power trip with dynamic audio that can go just about anywhere.
- From muscle cars to daily drivers, the right sound system can make any vehicle feel brand new. Find high-efficiency designs and legendary sound quality for anything you drive with DXi, MM and db Series speakers from Polk Audio.
Polk Audio db651
Priced per pair
Give new life to your music!
- Good music becomes great when you hear it through Polk's db Series car speakers. Polk engineers use laser imaging to determine the ideal combination of speaker materials and design to eliminate distortion. The resulting technology produces speakers with smooth frequency response, sharp detail, and the ability to play music at high volumes without strain.
- Polk's db651 speakers feature 6-1/2" woofers made from a polymer/mica composite and durable rubber surrounds that won't fall apart under stress from heat, moisture, or time. Liquid-cooled 3/4" silk/polymer dome tweeters use powerful Neodymium magnets to deliver precise high-frequency reproduction, enveloping you in bright musical detail. And you can even pivot the tweeters, aiming them at your ears for improved stereo imaging. The built-in two-way crossovers keep the high and low frequencies flowing to the proper drivers for seamless, efficient audio.
- These speakers feature stainless steel mounting hardware and muscular ABS grilles that will add a stylish touch to your car's interior. And Polk certifies their db Series speakers for marine applications, so they're a great choice for your boat, motorcycle, or ATV.
- The supplied adapter rings enable the db651 speakers to fit into both 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings, ensuring an easy fit into VWs, Audis, BMWs, and other European imports.
Compare to similar items
This item Polk Audio DB651 6.5"/6.75" 2-Way Marine Certified db Series Car Speakers with Liquid Cooled Silk Tweeters
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||JB Tool Sales||JB Tool Sales||Best*Deal*On*The*Planet||PlasmaBuddy||JB Tool Sales||Less Is Always More [BIG SALE | AUTHORIZED DEALER]|
|Vehicle Speaker Size||6.5_inch||6.5_inch||6.5_inch||5.25_inch||6.5_inch||6.5_inch|
|Wattage||60 watts||55 watts||300 watts||45 watts||300 watts||200 watts|
Step up your vehicles audio performance with Polk Audio's revolutionary db651's. Cutting edge technology has allowed for an efficient speaker that has ability to accurately reproduce music like you have never heard before. A precise balance of materials including the Silk/Polymer Dome tweeter and Mica Cone woofer enable smooth roll-off and quick response at any volume. The rubber surround adds to bass response as well as increases the lifetime of the speaker under any conditions. Being marine certified, the Polk DB651's will surprise you with its versatility and ability for use in many applications. The high-efficiency loudspeaker means less power is necessary for the same quality output. The revamped db Series delivers that perfect Polk Audio performance and durability like never before.
Turn up your vehicle's audio performance with the db651, a 6-1/2-inch coax speaker designed to drop into a variety of applications in no time at all. Advanced materials reduce component weight while offering rock solid reliability, advanced looks and ultra high performance. Borrowing technology from Polk Audio's flagship SR Series, the db Series offers exceptional value for the price.
Turn up your vehicle's audio performance with the db651. Click to enlarge.
Durable Butyl Rubber Surround won't fall apart under the stress of extreme temperatures, sunlight or time, for years of great Polk sound.
Swivel Mount Tweeter allows precise aiming of sound.
- The db651 come with 6-3/4 inch adaptor rings for easy fit in VWs, Audis, BWMs and other European cars.
- Dynamic Balance Driver Technology for pure, distortion free sound.
- Polymer/Mica Composite Cones are stiff yet lightweight for big sound and little distortion.
- Klippel Optimized Components for consistent, distortion-free sound.
- Marine Certified means the db651 is built tough to withstand the harshest environments on the water.
- Low-mass 2-Layer Kapton Voice Coil Kapton has a high melting temperature, ensuring reliability and high power handling.
- Swivel Mount Tweeter allows precise aiming of sound.
- Wheel-inspired style combines with rugged durability in the db grille.
Polk Audio's db SeriesPolk Audio's entire db line of coaxial and component speakers has been redesigned and re-engineered with superior looks and even better sound. Polk has added three new sizes to cover a broader range of vehicle applications. And they've done all that at prices that make high performance affordable to everyone! The db Series works well in OEM factory systems, as well as with high-powered aftermarket head units and component power amps. The db Series delivers classic Polk Audio performance and durability like never before.
This is how you turn up the style.
The look is about more than performance. It's about making every detail count, from the wiring harness under the hood to the fit and finish of your loudspeaker installs. Even before you fire them up, the db Series delivers. ABS wheel-inspired grilles make a muscular statement about your entire audio system and say you're ready to unleash some real sound. Hidden wire channels give your system a clean, professional look. Now if you'd prefer to be more subtle about your audio system (although why would you?), db makes a comfortable stealth installation and will mount easily behind factory grilles.
The db Series fits. Yes, it's just that simple.
The last thing Polk wants is to sell you a great speaker that doesn't fit. Our new multi-hole mounting pattern and shallow-depth magnet design have created our highest vehicle application ratio for easy drop-in installations in just about any car on the road (and probably some that should have been taken off the road years ago). Tweeters in the component models can be flush & surface-swivel mounted using the supplied hardware. With db, we've made sure you have maximum install flexibility.
High Efficiency Design
It means less amplifier power is needed for more audio output. Meaning better sound and more volume using less power. The bottom line is db Loudspeakers will definitely blow you and your friends away, whether they're driven by aftermarket head units or factory installed electronics.
Marine Certified means your db loudspeakers will perform reliably on the water as well as they do on land. So Polk attacked every db speaker with a series of punishing real world and accelerated weathering lab tests to see if they could take what some pretty nasty marine and automotive environments could dish out. Polk exposed dbs to hundreds of hours of salt fog, intense ultraviolet light and extreme temperatures from -40 degrees to 185 degrees F (-40 degrees to 85 degrees C). They performed as well after the tests as before (they didn't look so good). No wonder Correct Craft builds Polk Audio speakers into their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats, and Bullet uses Polk db speakers in their marine "tower" speaker enclosures.
What's in the Boxdb651 Speakers (pair), Grilles, Installation Hardware, Owner's Manual
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you have a 2005 and up Kia Spectra (or similar), you can easily install these yourself, here is how I removed the door panels: There is one plastic anchor located on the upper inside (closest to car if door is open), use a philips and press the middle part in and it will pop out. There is a little cover located behind the door handle, pop that out with the smallest flat head you can find, there are two philips heads behind that. Pop off the arm rest section of the door panel, carefully pry up until you can get your fingers under it and pull straight up with a bit of force. Two philips heads are found here. There are two more hidden philips heads, one upper outside, one lower outside, pop out the inner circle only. Once all these screws are out, you have to pop out the door anchors from the frame. Pry the outside trim carefully, then start pulling towards you until you hear it pop out. Do this all the way around the panel. Once it's free, pull straight up and wiggle out of place. Then disconnect the wire harnesses inside and you're done. To re-install, start by putting the top in first, making sure to get the metal guides in behind the metal door frame.
If you are installing in the ridgeline just gentle with the plastics on the door and be careful drilling into the doors for the mounts.