Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 292 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 318 reviews
on December 16, 2015
These are some amazing speakers for the price! I installed 4 of these in my master bedroom and my wife and I were impressed by the sound quality.
review image review image review image
on January 10, 2015
For the price, these are a great value and are very clear/crisp. I am using these in a surround sound system for the side and rear speakers only. I installed them in a drop ceiling in my basement. Installation was a breeze. They sound very good and the ability to angle the tweeters makes a big difference, especially if you have the speakers spaced very far apart and are using them in a surround sound system. Also, I am glad that I did not go with the larger 8 inch speakers given that I installed them in a drop ceiling. The 8 inch speaker may provide better mid-range at very loud volumes, but for surround-sound speakers not necessary. Further, the additional weight and vibration from larger speakers could be counter-productive. These are prefect for side & rear speakers. I would note, however, that these speakers should not be used for the main front and center speakers in a surround sound system. Much larger speakers in the front (and a good quality subwoofer) should be used.
on August 17, 2015
Great sounding, great looking speakers. I replaced a pair of hanging speakers with these. I couldn't be more pleased with their sound, and their appearance is a vast improvement over the black Klipsch speakers I previously had hanging from the ceiling.
I did the job myself. However, if you aren't confident in your ability to locate the studs behind your ceiling or wall and to plot out the speaker placement I would recommend you hire a pro to handle the job. You don't want to drill/cut holes in the wrong places and end up having to repair those holes. Plus, if you live in a hot climate, as I do (Florida), it's no fun at all crawling around in the super-heated cealing area laying/moving speaker wires.
on March 3, 2016
Installed with ease. Came with template for cutting hole in ceiling,which made it easy. I actually plan to buy more for another room.
review image
on May 11, 2015
Great speakers (bought two sets)... Piece of cake to install and the sound quality is pretty solid. Absolutely perfect setup for a 2-channel system I set up in our Master Bedroom and Bathroom. Especially liked the template/paint masks they provided... I was able to easily paint one pair matte black to match other fixtures in the bathroom.

4.5 stars actually... I dropped the 1/2 point because the grills are a little flimsy and easy to bend when inserting them. Only method I could figure out to remove one was to use a couple of bent paper clips, inserted through the grill holes. After VERY gently easing it back out, I was able to use a small craft hammer to more-or-less repair the dents.
on February 7, 2013
I have purchased, installed and use four sets of these RC60i speakers. In two applications, the speakers are used as rear surround speakers. In two other applications, the speakers are used as primary stereo speakers wired as a portion of whole home stereo. In all applications the sound is excellent. Recently I received the highest of compliments...a friend was visiting and listening to music in our great room. He was sitting exactly in the "sweet spot" for which I set up that room's system. He inquired who had installed the system, and further commented that his multi $1000 speaker system did not begin to offer the depth and clarity of my system. I thanked him for his praise, but did not have the heart to tell him that the RC60i's total cost was less than $75....and the front speakers (also Polk, but 8") were not even double that cost...and combined with a quality (but reasonably priced) center speaker, still totaled less than $450. Every time I listen to this Polk setup I remain impressed.

Lastly, I have two of these RC60i's mounted horizontally in the ceiling of a well protected (but truly outdoors) patio. These speakers have been in their outdoor environment for almost four years and still sound as good as day one. I have inspected these outdoor speakers for any degradation, and have observed no change. The grilles are fine enough to exclude insects too.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2011
I purchased these speakers for use as my side channels in my 7.1 surround sound system. I was surprised at how easy they were to install. I'd rate my "handiness" skill as amaturish at best, but a friend and I were able to get these installed in the ceiling and working in under 1 hr. The hardest part was cutting the hole in the ceiling. The speakers come with a cardboard stencil to draw the line for the cut and the design of the speaker itself is pretty forgiving in case you're not so hot with the drywall saw. Once the hole was in the ceiling, the speakers go in and after a quick twist of the screwdriver, they're in.

They sound pretty good for ceiling speakers and they definitely serve my purpose as side channels. I probably wouldn't opt to use them as my primary speakers, but they're not bad. I'm considering buying another set or two to set up a whole home system for music and install them in the bedroom and the office.

Pros: Ease of installation, they look great and sound pretty good

Cons: They're not going to replace your main speakers, and although they say that they're paintable, painting the grill requires you to use spray paint so not to gum up the grill. This may make it difficult to match your existing paint. I didn't paint mine, but they still look really good in their original white and match my light switch and outlet covers.
on November 14, 2014
Needed speakers for the 6- and 7- speakers of a 7.1 setup, that were also acceptable to my wife. Polk have always had good, punchy sound and really maximize the price/value relationship. I'd say I find Klipsch to be better, but also much more expensive. These serve double duty, also serving as the room speakers for my whole house audio, and they perform admirably. I do find it helps to get a preamp that allows you to increase the "loudness" of the speakers to get better bass response (always a problem with in-ceiling speakers, in my opinion).
on January 17, 2017
Great speakers. I installed in my ceiling for Dolby ATMOS! Great price too.
on January 21, 2014
Our new home was prewired for 5.1 system using ceiling speakers. To complete the 5.1 system purchased a set of Polk RC60i 2-Way In-Ceiling Speakers as the rear surround speakers. That is part of system of three MC80’s as center and right/left front speakers, added to my Polk subwoofer from our pervious system. This was easy decision to stay with Polk for the price and budget. In our pervious home I had Definitive Technology ProMonitor center speaker and ProMonitor 1000 speakers hanging from the ceiling as the front three. The rear two surround hanging ceiling speakers were Polk OWM5’s. Our new home required ceiling speakers, so I called Polk tech support and they were very helpful…could not be happier with the RC60i In-Ceiling Speakers. Superb sound for the voice tones which is very clear, crisp highs and excellent sound for our new home All in all for the money sounds wonderful.