Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 17, 2017
I purchased a new QLED TV and needed to replace my older and larger Polk Audio center channel speaker because it was blocking the lower part of the TV picture. The TL1 was the perfect size not to block the view of my TV. I was hesitant about ordering the TL1 because it had smaller speakers than my older speaker. The TL1 did not disappoint. This speaker gets plenty loud enough and competes with my larger center channel speaker. Very happy with my purchase.
on March 26, 2017
This center speaker works well, looks good and sounds great!
on May 17, 2013
I was hesitant but gave this speaker a try. It replaced a Sony center piece and is with the Sony F-series. It really surprised me in sound quality, even without comparing with others, it just gives you that satisfying full sound for its class. It has a nice gloss, is heavy but cheap cloth cover. Sound is rich (though not a boom box either) it is very clear in dialogue, crisp highs (clearly over the Sonys). I will have loved to try the JBL that is <$100 to compare but I have to give this speaker the credit it is worth - all 5 stars.
on August 5, 2015
I had an old JBL ctr spkr and it was way to large to put on my console. Always had it inside the console which had speaker cloth in the door about where the JBL was placed. That put it to low for real clear sound from it. I bought this as I have 4 other Polk speakers and really like the quality. I was not disappointed. This speaker sits on top of the console and does interfer with viewing and the sound was hands over better then the old JBL. Polk does it again.
on October 10, 2017
Short lived
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2012
I wanted a simple center speaker to add to my surround system - and the POLK TL1 fit the bill nicely. Regarding sound quality, I think it would be hard to screw up the center channel - you don't need super high range tweeters nor booming base - just basic small drivers.

Overall this little speaker rounds out my surround system very well. I use Polk T-15 fronts (small bookshelf), 12" subwoofer, and the Polk F/X wireless rear surround. This sounds great in my living room with a 47" screen.

The 7.1 feature is nice - but I really can't hear the different between 5.1 and 7.1 (but again, my setup wasn't meant to be a true theater - but a good, functional, reasonably priced surround setup).
on November 9, 2015
Looks great and sound quality is good. I just feel it cant keep up with the rest of my set (denon + sony (front) and bose (surround)), but maybe it just needs some adjustments besides those built-in EQ of the receiver.
This is a really good center speaker for the money. It has a nice sound to it and should work well in a smaller living room. We decided in the end that our living room was a little too large for this one and so we returned it and purchased the Yamaha NS-C310BL. I would not hesitate to recommend the Polk Audio TL1 for smaller room use.
on January 23, 2017
Good product. Got this because basically the best low profile speaker for the money. It accomplishes those two goals. This is not for audiophiles. It is for people with space issues and do not want to block their TV.
on February 15, 2015
Perfect fit for the Samsung 55 inch flact screen with the chrome legs. Sound quailty is very good using a Denon AVR 1506 receiver and it completes my 5.1 system.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.