Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 242 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 274 reviews
on August 10, 2017
I just purchased my fourth pair of these speakers. You can't beat them for the price and quality. I have a surround system and I found that if you double up on them, they gain a marvelous extended quality. By saying double up I mean connecting 2 of them in parallel and using 2 of them as one speaker. I connect a 1,000uF capacitor between them to maintain the 6 ohm impedance of one speaker for the amp. The capacitor is invisible and has no effect on the frequency response.

I use 2 of these TSi100 speakers in parallel for the left front channel, 2 more together for the right front channel, and 2 more together for the center channel for total balance. Yes they sound much better than a typical center channel speaker. The ones for the left and right are stacked one on top of the other, and the center channel ones are laying side by side. With all 3, the bottoms are butted together. It greatly improves the stereo imaging effect by providing a taller projected pattern of sound from each speaker. Instead of sound from an 11 inch box, I get sound from 22 inch boxes.

The 4th pair I just purchased will be hung from the ceiling behind the listening area for the left and right 7.1 back surround speakers. I will not double up on them. And believe it or not, I am using 2 Polk CS-10 center channel speakers (one on each side) for the left and right 5.1 side surround channels. As odd as it may sound to you, the CS-10 makes a better side surround speaker than it does as a center channel speaker. I did not like the CS-10 as a center channel speaker. It was missing depth quality because of the smaller and odd shaped box.

If anyone is curious, I round out the Polk Speaker array with the Polk PSW-10 Subwoofer. Another excellent product from Polk. The room is only 20' x 20' so the 10 inch Sub is a great choice.

By the way, I read a few reviews of the TSi100 that were not very favorable. But from what they said, they were expecting way too much. Some of the reviews said the speaker had low bass response. Guys, it is a 5.25 inch woofer in a shoebox. Did you really think they would pound the house? If you want bass, get a subwoofer. Subwoofers are why smaller speakers can sound better with less distortion at higher volumes. Low frequency bass in a speaker can distort the rest of the sound it produces. Removing the deep low bass frequencies from a speaker, allows the speaker to produce cleaner sound and much less distortion across the spectrum.
on December 24, 2015
I originally bought Micca MB 42x speakers but the sound was hollow and flat. Replaced with these and I am so glad that I did. They are so much better than the Micca speakers there is no comparison. I originally planned on splurging for Klipsch B-20's but they were in short supply. These do the job well enough.
on May 31, 2016
Great sound for the price. I have a Yamaha surround sound system and my speakers blew out long ago. Added these as the main speakers and the sound is excellent for the price. Very happy with my purchase of these speakers.
on December 21, 2011
I wanted good quality speakers but I live in an apartment with thin walls. I took a while to consider the options, but I thought I would take a risk on these and I was very very happy with the results.

I listen a real mix but I especially want the speakers to sound good at medium and low volume, which is where a lot of speakers don't sound great. The bass is real, tight and well organised. The mid range is very clear without getting to sharp towards the high notes.

If you are looking for floor vibrating sound then get a subwoofer to go with them but if you want to stay friends with your neighbours and really enjoy your music without resorting to headphones, these are the speakers for you. Just be prepared to lose track of time rediscovering the depths music collection!
on December 10, 2015
these speakers are awesome. can't believe how great they sound for the price. the mids are well rounded and the highs from the tweeters are buttery smooth, not harsh at any volume. i have yet to really turn these up to very high volume since i have neighbors that i like but every indication tells me that these will not disappoint once i get the chance to push them.

i have 4 of these and the matching center channel speaker. if they're in your budget range, i believe you'll be hard pressed to find a better sounding speaker.
on December 12, 2014
What I had not realized from the product description was that these speakers have both wood grained cabinet and and a highly polished composite top instead of the wood grained sides and back. I bought these to function as high fronts to a surround sound system begin upgraded from 5.1 to 7.1 (eventually to 7.2). But because of the beautiful rich black glossy tops, it seemed a shame to hide them up above near the ceiling. Currently, they are serving as the left/right surrounds which had previously been Polk Audio RT25i speakers. Those will become the high fronts as soon as I can swap out my Kenwood VR-507 5.1 Channel Surround A/V Receiver for my recently purchased Onkyo TX-NR626 7.2 Channel Network A/V Receiver.

The reason I purchased the Polk Audio brand speakers is because of the high quality sound my current Polk Audio speakers have produced for well over 10 years -- maybe closer to 15-20+ years. I am definitely NOT disappointed with the same if not better sound quality and look forward to driving them with the new Onkyo.
on January 21, 2016
It has been several years since I purchased bookshelf speakers, and to be honest, I purchased these not only for the reviews, but for a brand name that I have come to trust over the years, and these speakers did not disappoint me in the very least. No, they are not top of the line, but for the price and performance, I find them more than acceptable for anyone who enjoys listening to music. I have them connected to my receiver and a 50 watt amplifier, and the sound is crisp, distortion free, and the lower end bass acceptable quality. This is a good purchase for the money and I am more than satisfied with the product, the shipping and delivery and look forward to many years of enjoyable music being played through these speakers.
on March 7, 2017
Great speakers. Polk is a great company that makes great products
on November 16, 2015
Good Bookshelf Speakers! I am using these on a Yamaha 7.1 Network Receiver and they deliver adequate sound to the front channel. However, they are not very punchy. Meaning, they do not deliver much bass. I had to adjust my receiver a bit. I believe Polk has a better Bookshelf speaker but no complaints for $150.
on June 2, 2017
Got these for my parents. They sound awesome, what else do you expect from Polk? :-) Easy enough to drive with a cheap little receiver, and lets you watch movies with the family without having to put up with crappy TV speakers.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.