Polk Audio UltraFit 500 Headphones - Black Gold (ULTRAFIT 500GLD)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- High Performance Digital Sound - Surprising detail and fidelity to maximize performance
- SecureFit Support - Exercise or play knowing your headphones will stay comfortably in place.
- Ultra Flexible Tangled-Free Planar Audio Cables - Avoid cable tangle and unwanted microphonics with oxygen-free cables in two custom lengths.
- StrainGuard - Kevlar core and computer designed transitional connections eliminate cable failure
- Moisture Shield - Resists moisture and keeps performing through strenuous activity.
Customers Also Shopped For
From the Manufacturer
Designed from the ground-up to meet the rigorous needs of the athlete and perfect for any active listener, UltraFit Sports headphones will be the last headphone you'll ever need to buy.
The UltraFit 500 is a high performance headphone designed to sit in the flange of your ear canal, while the ear piece hook insures a snug yet comfortable fit. The UltraFit 500 has been designed to offer you moderate noise suppression, so you have some awareness of your environment.
Three Cable Lengths For hassle-free, tangle-free Convenience. The UltraFit™ 500 comes with three cable length options, so you can wear your music device the way that works best for you. A long (41") cable enables you to wear your music player on your waist or pants pocket. The short (14") cable is perfect if you wear your player on your arm, while the headphone to 1st connector is ideal for collar-clipped players like the iPod Shuffle®.
- High Performance Digital Sound—Surprising detail and fidelity to maximize performance.
- SecureFit™ Support—Exercise or play knowing your headphones will stay comfortably in place.
- Environmental Awareness Engineered In—Hear enough of your surroundings to feel secure during exercise.
- Ultra Flexible Tangled-Free Planar Audio Cables—Avoid cable tangle and unwanted microphonics with oxygen-free cables in two custom lengths.
- StrainGuard™—Kevlar core and computer designed transitional connections eliminate cable failure.
- Moisture Shield—Resists moisture and keeps performing through strenuous activity.
- Short (14") Cable—For iPod nano®, iPod
- 3.5 mm Connector—Designed to fit through the opening on all cases.
- Engineered For Durability & Comfort—Made with the latest materials and performance technology to take punishment while staying comfortable.
Take a look inside this product
- Dynamic Balance® Polymer Drivers. UltraFit Sport Headphones employ dynamic drivers much like those in our full size speakers. To meet our pre-determined performance parameters, our engineers took the same care designing the drivers, even adding a discrete crossover filter to each driver to naturalize the high frequencies.
- Ported Enclosures. UltraFit Sports Headphones are ported. There is the port (ear piece) you put in your ear. But the big deal is the very small channels in the back of the driver enclosure, beneath the Polk logo. These are crucial to tuning the driver's frequency response peaks. And that means a better sounding pair of headphones.
- Ultra Flexible Tangle-free Planar Audio Cable. Round cables, coiling up and twisting are a constant source of annoyance because they get in the way of your workout. Eventually constant twisting means the cable will break or pull out at the end. The UltraFit's planar design (with oxygen-free wire for better conductivity) completely eliminates coiling, so the headphone cables won't tangle up during a workout, or when stored away. The planar design also eliminates micro-phonics, the tendency of an electronic device to turn a mechanical vibration into "noise," which you hear in other headphones.
- Moisture Shield. No headphone works well in a sweat bath of moisture. So we added Moisture Shield, a filter that provides two benefits. A thin scrim on the UltraFit 500 driver screen, the filter material resists moisture that could get to the driver; the headphones keep performing through strenuous activity. Moisture Shield also provides an acoustic barrier to help smooth frequency response.
- SecureFit™ Support. You're ready for your workout. You put on your headphones and get to work. The last thing you want is for an earpiece to fall out, instantly breaking your rhythm. SecureFit Support includes an ergonomically designed flexible ear hook that wraps around your ear, so the headphone stays in place, even during strenuous exercise. With SecureFit Support, you'll experience a snug yet comfortable fit.
- StrainGuard™. Sports headphones get a lot of abuse. UltraFit Sports Headphones have been designed with this in mind. Strainguard™ is a protective system that addresses the areas where sports headphones fail most often. A Kevlar core that houses the speaker wire provides extra tensile strength to prevent the wire from being pulled apart at common failure points - the transitions between cable and the connectors and at the headphones. In the UltraFit Series, all transitional connections are computer designed to strengthen the points where they fail most.
- Environmental Awareness. Being aware of your surroundings is always important when you use a pair of headphones. In the gym, on the track or walking through the neighborhood, you want to be able to have a sense of what's going on around you. The UltraFit 500 offers moderate levels of outside noise reduction.
In the Box
To setup and operate this product
Watch the Video
|Aprox Weight||0.5oz (14gm)|
|Transducer Type||Dynamic Balance®|
|In Line Apple Remote||Yes|
|Finishes||Black & Red, Black & Yellow, White & Grey, White & Orange|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Included Cables||11.4" Round, 14" Flat, 41" Flat|
|Included Ear Tips||3 Pairs StayFit™ Silicone Ear Tips (S/M/L)|
|Included Accessories||Moisture Resistant Soft Case, Shirt Clip, Quick Star Guide and Manual|
|1To ensure a valid warranty, Polk loudspeakers must be purchased at an Authorized Polk Audio home or car loudspeaker Dealer such as Amazon.com. (If you're not sure a dealer is "authorized," call Polk Audio at 1-800-377-7655, and ask us.) The warranty is not transferrable, that means it applies only to the original purchaser. If you purchase your speakers from a private individual, that product is considered "used" and has NO factory warranty, no matter what the seller implies. The warranty is VOID if the serial number of the speaker has been removed or defaced. If you have any questions about your warranty coverage, or you think you need service, call Polk Customer Service at 1-800-377-7655. We're here to help you get the most from your new speakers!|
Top Customer Reviews
1) Secure fit
2) Two color cord makes it easy to get the right headphone in the right ear
3) Two cord lengths with the one being extra long for taller runners
4) No "cord rub" noise
6) Does not completely seal out sound so you can still hear traffic
7) Decent sound quality (I'm no audiophile, though)
1) The connection between the headphone cords and the interchangeable cords could be stronger. I've had it come apart twice while running
2) Does not completely seal out sound so you can still hear traffic and other noise around you - if this is a concern you should consider one of their other headphones which are designed to block out noise
3) The extra long cord is versatile, but most runners will find that they have cord they need to secure
4) Since these don't seal the ear canal, the bass is only ok
5) Takes a little time to adjust them after putting them on
That being said, if you have normal size ears they fit great and sound great. The ribbon cable and multiple different length cables is great for the gym, running, or work. Some noise reduction but not a lot, as you would expect from in-ear headphones that do not have active noise reduction.
No drumming sounds like you typically get from lower quality headphones, would definitely recommend if you are looking for a good all around pair of headphones.
Cons: Uncomfortable fitting earbuds. Includes ear extensions which tend to hurt or without which allows buds to slide around.
Shape that curves around ears tends to lose its shape.
Overall not quite what I was expecting. I thought these were top of the line and they really are just a little better than $10 earphones with $10 of packaging.
Sony MDR-AS40EX Active Style Headphones Earbud Style (Black) (left earpiece lost sound after 1 yr)
MEElectronics M6-CL Sport Sound-Isolating In-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players - Clear (hurt the ear, poor quality)
Nike+ Vapor Headphones (Black) (great fit, poor quality, broke 3 pairs)
Sony MDR-AS20J Active Style Headphones with Soft Loop Hangers - Black (just do NOT stay in ears)
Philips ActionFit SHQ3000/28 Earhook Headphones Tuned for Sports (poorly made, two pairs went kaput)
So I finally tried these out after tossing the MME earbuds that I used for two weeks to replace the Sony earbuds. Sigh. But to my pleasant surprise, these are GREAT! And I am a tough cookie to please with sport earbuds. But these blow away the other brands.
In the box, you have several additional sizes of the actual in ear pieces as well as the little rubber fitter. This means that you can adjust the size of each to fit your ear canal and fit into the anti-helix of the outer ear. This ensures that you can find maximum comfort and maximum stability.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought these headphones in April and spent more than normal because I wanted a pair that would last. Didn't even make it through December. One side stopped working completely. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Christine McDevitt
the flexibility of the "arms" is great--allows you to mold them around your ear for a good fit. I am not overwhelmed by the sound quality. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Glenn
Haven't used them while running yet but they fit well and sound good.Published 23 months ago by Daniel
They stay on through everything. could be a tad louder thoughPublished on July 21, 2014 by Chris Short
Awesome product, comfortable, great sound and shipped on time! I love mini cord to attach to my iphone on my arm band to avoid the excess cordage!!Published on April 10, 2014 by Robert Damiani Jr
Loved these headphones in the beginning. Liked the sound quality and stayed in during running and weight training exercises. Read morePublished on November 20, 2013 by Kunja
Great headphones! I was skeptical but love them! I used to use the nike running headphones that are similar but these are lighter and can adjust even more to the shape of your ear.Published on November 3, 2013 by cindylou8938