Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on March 31, 2017
Have this installed in a sealed enclosure, which is slightly over the internal volume recommended by the manufacturer. I bought this to replace my previous sub which was stolen out of my car, which I really didn't mind because the sub sucked but they also took the box which is all I really cared about. They recommend an amp which has an RMS rating about 50% higher than the sub's rating, so I wasn't sure if my crappy pyramid amp could handle cause it is rated at like 100 or 150W RMS, but I can say it sounds much better than my previous setup. The bass is tighter and clearer, which is what I was aiming for. After breaking it in for a little while I can start to turn up the boost a bit and it hits very nicely. Only problem now is that I am getting a thremal shutoff from my amp, not unexpected. Will be upgrading soon to a better amp in the range of 300-500W RMS. Have a polk sub in my home theater which I also love, so the brand is making a comeback from previous years. Very happy with my purchase.
on March 27, 2017
The wires got hot and burned into.... I fixed them ...ordered a Polk audio replacement speaker... so far it's still I. The box because it's working fine right now... I gave it 3 stars because it quit playing twice and had to fix it . Other than that .... BOOM!! It vibrates so hard I caught my girlfriend sitting on it .
on April 19, 2017
placed in ported box in my boat just what I needed good clean bass not overpowering but plenty of bass
on March 23, 2016
If you want the extended bass response, do not install this into a sealed small enclosure (as in car box). It does best with a properly designed ported enclosure. It is very smooth, with a bass that is true, rather than an exaggerated boom. Thus, this subwoofer is excellent for true music reproduction. Those requiring an abnormal synthetic boom that is +12 db, and so on, should shy away from this subwoofer. Everyone else will be extremely happy !
on September 17, 2013
This sub is great! I installed this in a old Bazooka tube that had seen its last speaker fail. This sub hits hard and works very hard for you. I have a wakeboarding boat, and we installed this tube/speaker combo under a rear bench in the rear storage hatch. It sounds great, and carries, I have been out on the water waiting for the boat to turn back around and pick me up for my next pull; and you can hear the sound system clearly, and the bass that is put off is impressive.

Great speaker, and takes a lot of power well, and will work hard when requested.
on January 24, 2016
Hooked th I s up in my boat and it made all the difference in the stereo feel. I hid mine behind a cooler storage area. Bass is omni directional, so it doesn't matter where you put it.
I do have this hooked up to an amp and would certainly recommend it.
on May 12, 2017
Hits hard in my F-150. Well worth the money.
on May 11, 2017
Good bass pounding subs. Match with a good amp and they sound amazing.
on February 4, 2017
After these I would never buy another brand woofer, hands down amazing sound...deep bass, yet super tight accurate performance
on May 31, 2017