Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 20, 2007 3:23:06 PM PDT
Julie T. says:
I just thought this would be fun to see who is more popular among readers. There's no need for long explanations, just why or why not. Let me get the ball rolling: i vote for David, because you just can't beat the first love, and while i think Zane is a fantastic boyfriend, i think Tally and David are meant for each other

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2007 5:38:32 PM PDT
David all the way =]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2007 4:43:08 PM PDT
Pilates Fan says:
It's a toss up, but I think I prefer David. David just has that depth and passion that Zane is lacking--but then I thought David would be big enough to forgive Tally for her betrayal and come rescue her.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2007 12:26:23 PM PDT
Doll-ar says:
I disagree. (no offense) I just think Tally and Zane were meant to be and once IT happened to Zane Tally and I were so sad. (if anybody here hasn't read SPECIALS, you won't know what IT is.)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2007 6:29:14 PM PDT
L. Heirloom says:
david she saw him as beautiful when he was an ugly. thats love

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2007 5:19:54 PM PST
Lucy says:
but when everybody is pretty nobody is. I liked Zane better, he wasn't always making assumptions about Tally like David was in the Uglies. They both helped her figure out who she was, but David was a little more irrational. Zane was totally sweet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2007 2:03:17 PM PST
Doll-ar says:
YEAH! ZANE RULES! I made up this song:

"Zane"

"oh, Zane, it's so insane that you had to die, I try and I try, but every time I try to forget, I always regret it and I start to get upsetted I cry and I cry...........
Chorus: cry, cry, why, why did Zane have to die? Zane, Zane, I go insane, when I get reminded of what happened to Zane. Zane, Zane, oh, the pain, of being reminded of what happened to Zane. Zane, Zane, he and Jane, I mean, Tally were meant to be, but wow-wy, why did this hard-to-read pain have to happen to Za-ane?
verse: we all saw it coming, bu-ut why? it al-ways makes me cry. *sigh* if my mom hadn't spilled the beans (told me) which was totally mean, I probably would have cried more, for sure. Oh.... noooooo.... oh the pain... of Tally never again being able to see-ee-ee Zaneeeeee.....
Chorus: cry, cry, why, why did Zane have to die? Zane, Zane, I go insane, when I get reminded of what happened to Zane. Zane, Zane, oh, the pain, of being reminded of what happened to Zane. Zane, Zane, he and Jane, I mean, Tally were meant to be, but wow-wy, why did this hard-to-read pain have to happen to Za-ane?
I wish...... I hope...... he'll come back to life in EXTRAS... but do we know yet? nope... and if he doesn't.... if he wasn't... would we laugh? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......................
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............
Chorus: cry, cry, why, why did Zane have to die? Zane, Zane, I go insane, when I get reminded of what happened to Zane. Zane, Zane, oh, the pain, of being reminded of what happened to Zane. Zane, Zane, he and Jane, I mean, Tally were meant to be, but wow-wy, why did this hard-to-read pain have to happen to Za-ane? (repeat 2 times)
why did this hard-to-read pain have to happen to Za-ane? why, why, why, whhhhhyyyy did this hard-to-read pain have to happen to Za-ane? whyyyyyy? I miss Zane..................................."

it's true. Ooohhhoo Zane. If only... if only........................................

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2007 2:10:04 PM PST
Bradley says:
David no doubt about it, True Love <333333

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2008 6:19:21 PM PST
(this is my moms name)
Happy V-Day!!!
this is a hard ? i think. David i think b/c yea she went into the city but b4 she became pretty she wanted 2 be with David. She was "pretty headed" when she met (i know she got over the lesions but i dont think she was over them when she met.....) Zane.
<3

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2008 6:08:05 PM PST
Doll-ar says:
yeah, but even though she didn't know it, in a way she was stealing David from Shay.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2008 9:38:48 AM PDT
S. L. Betts says:
David

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2008 1:08:16 PM PDT
C. G. says:
I thought David was meant to be with Tally. Logically speaking, Zane and Tally were so great BUT there was always a barrier between them that didn't surmount to Tally and David's relationship. (I was secretly voting for Zane to be fair)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2008 1:12:15 AM PDT
I was rooting for David at first, but in the end I'd say Zane. He just GETS Tally the way David didn't, and that's more important than people think.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2008 3:23:34 PM PDT
Michelle says:
I agree with Julie T. definately David, I like Zane and all but David is just better

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2008 12:26:28 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 7, 2008 12:26:47 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2009 7:29:58 AM PDT
Heather says:
I have to say Zane. I still like David, but I think Tally says why she is meant to be with Zane better than I could. David was her first love, and because of that, he will always be special to her, but she still fell in love with Zane, and I don't think it was just because they were both pretty. As another poster said, when everyone is pretty, noone is, and he made her clear headed. Even when she was no longer pretty headed and could remember David, she still fell in love with Zane. He understands her in a way David never could. If David had been her ultimate love, she wouldn't have still remained with Zane, Zane wouldn't have been the one she missed after she became special, she would have missed David.

Posted on Jun 30, 2009 2:52:45 PM PDT
Grace says:
(spoiler warning if you haven't read Specials)

I like them BOTH!! Between books I just keep changing my mind between the two. David WAS Tally's first love and they were the greatest couple in Extras, but Zane spent a LOT of time with Tally and it was OBVIOUS that he REALLY loved her. David kept switching. I mean, if he REALLY loved her, why didn't he forgive her?? And also, didn't Tally steal him from Shay??
On the other hand, Zane and Tally were pretty-minded when the "fell in love", and David didn't really love Shay back. It's obvious that Scott Westerfeld thought that David was a better match for Tally because in Specials Zane died. My older sister was practiacally in TEARS, and my freind was cheering her head off. She likes Zane okay, but she's IN LOVE with David. I just can't choose between them. They're so different from each other, and they're both AMAZING in their own way.
Anyway, FANTASTIC series!!

Posted on Jul 13, 2009 7:02:32 AM PDT
Kalyn says:
I really do like both of them, so this is sort of a hard choice. But I'd have to say David, he just had this pull on me through all the book.

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 3:28:01 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 4, 2012 3:28:15 PM PST]

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 11:49:35 PM PDT
I am going to have to say David, David loved Tally even when she was considered an Ugly. True David had a hard time forgiving her, but she had pretty much said that she was the reason that his only home and his father were dead, I am also sure that his mother didn't help much either. Also in the end of Pretties it probably hurt him a lot when she turned him down for a guy that was considered pretty. But in the end he was able to forgive her because he loved her. I may be the only person that feels this way, but sometimes it seemed like Zane was only a Pretty David in some ways which was why Tally seemed to like him and she got confused and thought that it was love. Also to the people that say that Tally stole David from Shay, I don't think that David really had any feelings for Shay at all, it was just Shay crushing on him because of what he represented, not who he was and I don't really think that David saw Shay as anything other than a new person that was there to help out Smoke, not like Tally who he seemed to fall in love with pretty quickly. It was sad what happened to Zane, but I am happy that Tally ended up with David in the end.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 7:09:53 PM PDT
I'd have to say David. I did like Zane, but I'd have to say David.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Aug 20, 2007
Latest post:  Aug 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pretties
Pretties by Scott Westerfeld (Paperback - 2006)
4.3 out of 5 stars (502)