Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Polyform Sculpey Original Polymer Clay, 1.75-Pound, White
|Price:||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns|
- Sculpey clay is soft and pliable and won't dry out when exposed to air
- Perfect for everything from molded items to free form jewelry pieces; ornaments and embellishments
- Weight: 28oz/793.5g
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Bargain Finds related to this item
Compare with similar items
DAS Air-Hardening Modeling Clay, 2.2 Lb. Block, White Color (387500)
Polyform Sculpey III Polymer Clay, 2-Ounce, Black
Sculpey S8 Original Polymer Clay, 8-Pound, White
Sculpey Super Sculpturing Compound 1 lb. box, Beige
|Sold By||Art Materials Company of America||Amazon.com||Craft Harbor||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||5.02 x 1.37 x 5.99 inches||12.30 x 6.60 x 8.60 inches||0.75 x 1.76 x 2.22 inches||10.40 x 2.15 x 9.00 inches||1.61 x 3.02 x 6.48 inches|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
SCULPEY-Sculpey Polymer Clay. America's original oven-bake clay! Sculpey is soft and pliable; works and feels like ceramic clay but will not dry out when exposed to air. Perfect for everything from molded items to free form jewelry pieces; figurines; ornaments and scrapbooking embellishments. Shape; bake and once cool can be sanded; drilled; carved; glues; inked; painted with water based acrylics or Sculpey Brand Glaze. Weight: 28oz/793.5g. Available in a variety of colors. Conforms to ASTM D4236. Recommended for ages 8 and up. WARNING: Choking Hazard-product forms small parts. Not for children under 3 years. Made in USA.
From the manufacturer
Polyform Sculpey Original Polymer Clay
Original Sculpey has been in the hands of kids, parents and teachers for generations. Original Sculpey is soft and pliable, and it works and feels like ceramic clay but will not dry out when exposed to air. After baking, it can be sanded, drilled, carved and painted with water-based acrylic paints or Sculpey Glaze. After coating with a few layers of the glaze, you can use any paint you like to finish your piece. There are endless possibilities when creating with Sculpey. In the classroom – Original Sculpey oven bake clay offers an inexpensive way to let children explore their creativity.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Easy to use, easy to bake and seems like it should hold up well.
And! If I read correctly online, this is a vegan friendly product, which is always a must for me.
Top international reviews
Comparing it to Fimo:
+ Sculpey is much better value
+ Sculpey is much more pliable and heats up faster, so requires less time kneading before being shaped
+ I also like that it comes in its own durable cardboard box to store it in, Fimo usually comes in a wrapper which is difficult to reseal to prevent dust and crumbs entering
- When this Sculpey clay is baked, it isn't quite as strong as Fimo, I found it slightly easier to snap, so I had to make delicate areas like the cat ears slightly thicker
- When it's baked, although fairly strong, I found it slightly chalky surface texture - If I scratch at it, it'll sort of scrape away, so the texture is more like plaster than the dense "ceramic" feel I get from baked Fimo
- Sometimes When the clay is baked, I notice something I need to alter, so I'll add a little more clay on top and bake it again. I've had no problems doing this with Fimo, but possibly due to the slight chalky texture of Sculpey, I found initially sticking 'wet' clay to the baked clay quite difficult - it just didn't want to adhere. I did manage to do it, it was just a lot more fiddly than Fimo.
Overall, it is great value for experimental projects, or as a base but I'll probably stick to using Fimo for high-quality items I intend to sell or use long-term.
I bought this for my daughter who creates some wonderful sculptures and needed some material. I am amazed at what she makes with this. If you think this is just kids play, think again.
One thing to note is that because of it's light colour, it will pick up and show bits of dust etc. If you're painting it, it won't be a problem. I'm pleased with this clay and recommend it.
Highly recommend best value for money too! Win win💁♀️
If you drill it once baked it makes a lot of dust but the manufacturers say it is safe. It does make me sneeze and it creates an unpleasant chemical smell in the oven.