Pomonas Universal Pectin Fruit & Vegetable Concentrate, 1.1 oz
- Natural Certified
- Shelf Stable
- Kitchen Staple
More to consider from our brands
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Pomonas Universal Pectin Fruit & Vegetable Concentrate 1Oz
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
1 packet low methoxy citrus pectin and 1 packet monocalcium phosphate.
Directions and tested recipes inside.Keeps indefinitely. Store cool and dry.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
These are what I like about Pomona's vs. Sure-Jell:
1) You can double or triple batches with Pomona's where that is not recommended when using Sure-Jell. This is definitely a time-saver.
2) I can use as much or as little sugar as I want.
3) Sure-Jell requires bringing to a hard boil that can't be stirred away, adding the sugar, then stirring for one minute more. With Pomona's, I brought it to a full boil, which took less time. It also increased the yield since the peach mixture wasn't boiled down as much.
4) With one packet of Sure-Jell, I can get between 12-15 4-oz jars of jam. With one packet of Pomona's, I was able to produce two batches of 22+ 4-oz jars (the second batch was made using only 3 1/2 C sugar)! So basically, it reduced the actual price such that it was more cost-effective than Sure-Jell.
5) I like that fact that is preservative-free.
I did not really experience much color change using the Pomona's vs. the Sure-Jell, and didn't have any problem with the texture or consistency. I think this is now my pectin of choice!
We used the "Put 'em Up" canning books by Sherri Brooks Vinton, as her recipes for jam included using the Pomona's Pectin.
We'll definitely continue using this pectin to cut out a lot of unnecessary sugar.
Top international reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.