Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Scientific Explorer Fingerprint Science Kit
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports STEM

on November 27, 2010
If you saw this on the shelf and picked it up, you'd realize it was only worth fifty cents. It contains a pad of paper, dust, tape, a tiny brush, a little cloth pouch, and an instruction booklet.

Needless to say, it doesn't work well at all. It's very hard to detect more than the outer perimeters of the finger. My son watched me do it once. I asked if he wanted to try and he said, "No thanks," and walked away. He's very into spy stuff, but he was disappointed.

The only item I enjoyed for my kids was reading them the instruction booklet. It had many interesting facts about the history of fingerprinting. I think we all learned something from it. Of course, you could also learn about that history from Wikipedia.
on January 1, 2016
Purchased this for a Christmas gift. We were very disappointed with this kit. The magnifying glass was clouded and you couldn't see anything with it. The prints are also very difficult to see, letalone distinguish what sort of pattern they were. My daughter became frustrated trying to get a clear print after 15 tries and said I'm sorry but I don't want to use this anymore. The best part was the information in the instruction manual. I wish I had seen the other reviews and spent my money on something else.
on July 13, 2013
This is not good at all. I got it because my son was interested in forensics because I was taking a class, but the power doesnt work very well. In truth, now days they use chemicals way more than power, so i get why it didn't work very well, but still, not worth the money. The book has interesting facts, but its not worth even the $10 it cost.
on October 28, 2015
Almost impossible for a child to do
on March 9, 2016
I purchased this for a classroom activity but it didn't work. The power did not stick to the stickers provided and my students ended up having better success with pencil led and tape.
on June 20, 2015
My grandson loved it.
on January 7, 2016
The kids loved this
on December 21, 2015
Great
on December 27, 2012
It was the perfect gag gift for someone in our office that gets pranked quite often. It was just what I was looking for.