Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 112 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 166 reviews
on September 19, 2012
I've seen this years ago and used to own it on VHS. It's been years and I've not been able to get it on DVD until now. This movie picks up where the old Winnie the Pooh shorts left off. In fact the beginning of the movie is pretty much the "last chapter" of the original shorts.

In this movie, Christopher Robin goes to school for the first time, and this means he cannot be in the Hundred Acre Wood with his animal friends. However, when he tries to tell them not to worry, via a note, it is misread and the animals of the Hundred Acre Wood begin to panic, as they believe Christopher Robin is in danger from the evil Skull-a-Saurus at the horrid Skull [School].

I think the story was very cute and plays well with the original. It's obviously got a slightly more updated feel, but the general innocence of the stories is still there. Singing? Yeah, there's that in there. It seems to be an annoying formula that anything for kids must have an annoying soundtrack. However, I will say the songs in this movie are not too annoying. In fact, at least two are very sweet (Forever & Ever and Wherever You Are) with the other songs, performed by Rabbit and Owl, are a little more corny, yet still interesting enough to keep the story moving and offer the chance of a giggle.

I love the character development in this movie. Granted, we got that in the shorts to a small extent, but we get to see a little more into the strengths and weaknesses of each of the main characters (Rabbit, Tigger, Piglet, and Pooh) with a less gloomy yet still miserable and strangely wise and uplifting Eeyore. Each of the four main characters have to face a fear or weakness without the aid of Christopher Robin, allowing them, like Christopher Robin, to grow up a little more from the experience and learn new things.

It's a fun movie for kids and nostalgic adults. I was so excited to finally get a copy on VHS in the day and I'm excited to get the DVD now. I hope to spend the next several years enjoying this and my other Pooh cartoons.
on August 30, 2017
Love It! A little scary for some sensitive toddlers... Pooh in a scary forest and mountains not knowing what to do...
on September 20, 2017
In VSH format. I didn't read the review close enough.
on June 10, 2009
Pooh's Grand Adventure - The Search for Christopher Robin is one hour and sixteen minutes long and was released on video on August 5, 1997. The movie starts out with Christopher Robin trying to tell Pooh some unhappy news. Pooh does not want to hear and says it can wait till later. Nightfall comes and Christopher Robin still has not told Pooh the unhappy news. Pooh wakes up the next day and find a honey pot at his door with a note attached to it. Pooh does not see the note and starts to take some honey out of the pot; this causes the note to get honey it. Pooh has a change of heart and starts looking for the ownership of the honey. He first meets Piglet who is trying to overcome his fear of heights but fails and Tigger offers to rescue him. The three of them, along with Eeyore, winds up in Rabbit's vegetable garden. Rabbit sees the letter that Christopher Robin has left and is unable to read it. Rabbit suggest that they visit owl. Once a Wol place, he tries to read the letter but misreads it. Wol believes Christopher Robin has been taken to an evil mountain call Scool. Wol draws a map and Pooh, Piglet, Rabbit, Tigger and Eeyore are off to find Christopher Robin. The five get lost in a thorn bush, falls off a cliff, and get lost in a fog. Once at Scool Mountain their adventure looks like an Indiana Jones quest on a kid's level. Also we are meant to believe the adventure took several days. In the end it is Christopher Robin who finds them and rescue Pooh. Christopher Robin tells the group that he has gone to school and Pooh should help himself to the honey pot. In the end Pooh and Christopher Robin are sitting in their favorite spot at the end of the movie. I think this movie, which is done something like a musical, could have had a better story to it. Pooh's Grand Adventure - The Search for Christopher Robin gets a B+.

Fast Play
A) Pooh and Friends in the 100 Acre Woods
B) Pooh's Symphony
C) Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day
on March 31, 2014
QUOTING FROM THE MOVIE --IF THAT'S OKAY?
BBBBBI bought it for the song:" Where Ever You Are"
Pooh Bear, missing his friend,Christopher Robin, sings : "Come out moon Come out wishing star Come out Come out Wherever you are I’m out here in the dark All alone and wide awake Come and find me I’m empty and I’m cold...." I weep. The song strikes to the very depths of your soul. Of course it is all a misunderstanding, and there are laughs, music and bravery..beautiful scenery and a good story with a gentle message..you are 'stronger, smarter and braver than you think'. "Forever isn't long enough when I'm with you"
on August 5, 2013
If you want the best version of Winnie the Pooh before they changed it to that horrible 3D mess now days then get this movie. The action is wonderful, the songs are original and catchy, and the kids will love it. I grew up watching the TV show back in the 1990's before they ruined it. I was addicted to everything Pooh and one day I saw this movie but could never remember the name of it so that my mom could buy it. I ended up getting the soundtrack, which is awesome for a children's movie. So this is me years later still wanting the movie to go with the CD. Crazy right, but so worth the buy if were a Winnie the Pooh fan. And my niece loves to watching too.
on April 10, 2016
Not for really young children, we like poohs movies but this one (one of the 1st ones) has a very long scary part in it, and so my children won't want to watch it. Back to tiger and pooh I guess.
on August 6, 2013
Got it for my 2 year old niece! I want her to know Pooh, he always has a positive out look, never gets angry, and the worst word he uses is 'bother'. This is one of the best, it's hysterical the older you are. Some of Owl's lines, especially in his song are a crack up. It never gets boring I can watch it every time she's here (at least once a week). They DO NOT make cartoons like this any more, and sadly the way society is I don't see it in the near future unless God's plan for reconstruction happens sooner than I think.
on December 14, 2015
My whole family loves this movie! The music and storyline is just fantastic. I have a 10 year old boy that has the fondest memories of this movie from when he saw it as a little kid. We watched it the other day and it just brought back the best memories for him. It is really that cute! Love it!
on March 9, 2011
Pooh's Grand Adventure is the latest Disney DVD featuring Pooh and his friends at the 100-Acre Wood. The film involves Pooh and Christopher Robin enjoying the last day of Summer, when Christopher Robin tells Pooh important news, Pooh would not listen, so it would wait till the next day. The following day, Pooh assumes something has happened to Christopher Robin and worries, so he, Tigger, Piglet, Rabbit and Eeyore journey to an unknown world outside the 100-Acre Wood to rescue Christopher Robin. The special features includes a 1968 Oscar-winning Pooh cartoon "The Blustery Day" and an interactive game. This is a perfect Disney DVD for pre-schoolers and parents alike.