1. This set of CDs is with annoying music pieces. 1 star is to be deducted;
2. In some parts the music is mingled with the reading. 1 more star deducted;
3. In some parts ( the endings of the sentences) the reading is overwhelmed by music. 1 more star deducted;
4. The volume is not uniformed. Sometimes when reading in a low tone, it's too low to be heard. 1 more star deducted;
5. This set is unabridged with all the 4 novels and 56 short stories. 1 star is left.
Recently I received the CDs "The Count of Monte Cristo" published by Blackstone Audio Inc. I like this set very much, as the narrator's voice is nice, the recording is clear, without any music to bother the reading and vex the listeners.
I wonder why some people so stubbornly hold the deluded belief that the listeners will enjoy those broken pieces of music when they listen to book reading.
I used to discuss with some people and learned that all my known listeners, when they listen to the book reading they are not in any mood to enjoy music as the music mingled with the reading is no better than the background noise. They just hope to concentrate on the book reading with the narrator's clear voice only. Maybe that is why "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Blackstone is nominated for the Best Classical Audiobook.
I hope the sophisticated and qualified producers of Blackstone Audio Inc to make another purified set of Complete Sherlock Holms CDs with the narrator's voice only. I am sure it will be welcome, praised and really enjoined by many people. I shall be eagerly expecting it.