Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 153 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 171 reviews
on August 25, 2012
I stumbled across these new tortilla style chips by popchips and decided I have to try them. I really like most of the traditional popchips flavors (potato version). I would honestly say that all four flavors of these new tortilla style are exactly what I expected from popchips. They are all excellent and go well with the style of chip too. The texture of these will take some getting used to for me, but I would say it's pretty good (that's why I've given it 4 stars). It's definitely worth a try and perfect for someone looking for a healthy alternative to regular tortilla chips (and if you get the 24 pack, preportioned into 1 oz 120 calorie bags). I'll certainly be getting more, and it's nice to have a little variation of healthy chips!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 29, 2012
I love Popchips Tortilla chips--they satisfy the same salty, corny cravings as Doritos, without the icky feeling after eating the whole bag. (In my opinion, a bag of chips is a single serving, regardless of size.) I liked all four flavors equally, but the nacho cheese is closest to the Dorito of my heart.

My husband hates them with the heat of a thousand suns, especially the lime ones. He says he doesn't consider them tortilla chips at all, but a whole new snack he doesn't think much of. I suspect it's their lightness. These chips have about half the gravitas of regular tortilla chips, which makes them dicey for dipping guacamole and therefore unacceptable. That of course means more for me and I'll probably reorder. They're not readily available in my small town and a whole box just for memeME is like having money in the bank.

Note: I keep reading about how "healthy" Pop Chips are. Uh, no. They're CHIPS for crying out loud! This size bag contains 420 relatively empty calories and is full of salty flavor (translate into sodium and chemicals). They may not be as awful for you as regular tortilla chips, but if you want health, go eat some organic carrot sticks. If you want moderate self-indulgence, these are great.

My three star rating is the household average.
on October 13, 2014
We purchased these chips while on a diet as a substitute to Doritos, tortilla chips, etc. It looked like such a good idea - around 120 calories per bag and we could actually snack without feeling guilty! However, we weren't huge fans of these chips. The taste was ok, but the consistency is a bit like a rice cake. A rice cake covered in flavored powder...

Can't really fault Pop Chips because we didn't care for the taste - everything was as advertised, but we simply didn't really like any of the flavors included in this package. Probably will not buy again, unless we REALLY need to find a snack substitute on another diet.
on September 18, 2012
I eat Popchips every day! So yeah I was a little excited when I saw they came out with Tortilla Popchips... IMO they nailed it! It is crunchy but indeed slightly puffy compared to a normal tortilla chip. I don't find the puffyness to make any difference in comparison to a regular tortilla chip though. I just read another reviewer saying these don't taste like corn tortilla chips and I couldn't disagree more. These have a great fresh corn tortilla chip taste. Basically these taste like a great tortilla chip but without any greasy feeling or taste. As far as the flavors go that's going to be subjective. Nacho cheese Doritos had always been a favorite of mine before Popchips and I think the nacho cheese Popchips are a great alternative. Sorry Doritos, too much fat. Ranch is good also and I'd rank it 2nd out of the 4. As far as the limon and salsa they don't stand out as favorites but I have no complaints and they're nice to have for variety.
on August 18, 2013
Not as flavorful as I had hoped from looking at all the pretty packaging. I commend the great marketing department. Haha. The original is o.k. Ranch is decent, though a bit mild. Sour cream & onion is pretty good. I didn't enjoy chili limon too much; it had a bit of a bitter aftertaste. Barbeque is likeable; not too salty or sweet. So far no flavor has been whoa-these-are-@#$%ing-great inspiring.

The high note for me is the texture. These chips are not flimsy or paper thin. They're nicely crunchy without clawing up the inside of your mouth.

I bought a couple of variety packs to see what I like. Now that I know, I'll probably stick to the few that were decent to good.
on September 21, 2012
I bought some of the Potato PopChips & some of the Tortilla chips in the flavor variety pack. I felt the potato were good, but the texture was odd, the taste was onlt from the powder, and it absorbed the water from my mouth & stuck to my tongue. Only the BBQ Popchip was really really good.

I would buy both kinds again, but only one is better than chips available in the store.

I really liked the TORTILLA POPCHIPS! They have a corn flavor, it has the texture of a puffed up corn chip, and it's not sticky in the mouth. I'm not a big fan of powdered flavors, but I didn't mind these so much. I enjoyed the nacho, ranch, salsa, and chili lemon tortilla PopChips.
on October 5, 2013
After reading the reviews I was not sure what to expect. The reviews are mixed. But I just tried the Salsa ones and loved them. The seasoning was good and the bag was filling. Just the right size for a snack.
i went on a diet - new way of eating - two years ago and gave up chips. But after eating these and learning they are not bad for you they are now a keeper.
If you are thinking they are going to taste just like your fav chips, I don't know if you will like them. But if you are willing to try something new and know it's going to taste different than chips go for it.
on January 10, 2017
These pop chips are amazing, good flavorful snacks that are low in caloric numbers so I can stay slim to impress the beautiful ladies out there and such. Four delicious flavors, you cannot go wrong other than the price which can be kinda high on these things.
on June 13, 2013
but... for those of us who are looking for a little variety, I recommend trying this vPopchips tortilla variety pack. (I personally prefer the ranch flavor, and if I were to re-purchase the tortilla Popchips, I'd probably stick with a box of only the ranch.) These are different from the satisfying "crisp" crunch of original Popchips, and I crave more of a corn/tortilla texture, but I'm glad I tried them.

You really can't beat the deals here on Amazon if you go with the "Subscribe & Save." I keep a box of Popchips at my office and grab one whenever I need a quick snack.
on January 23, 2013
There probably won't be a consistent consensus on the taste of these tortilla chips; even the original popchips have lovers and haters, it just depends on tastes. For example, my wife LOVES the original popchips, and I think they're "meh", but I LOVE these tortilla popchips, and she thinks they're pretty "meh".

First off is the texture of these tortilla chips; they're crunchy/hard on the outside, like Mission tortilla chips, but also have a somewhat puffed feeling, like Quaker Oats puffed rice cakes, on the inside. This makes it a texture you either like or hate; I won't say I love the texture, but it really wasn't that off-base compared to normal tortilla chips.

Second is the flavors; the chips themselves are somewhat bland, but the "powder" has quite a bit of flavor, but since the powder isn't always coated equally this leaves some bites with far more flavor than others. I personally liked all the flavors in this variety pack, hard to pick a favorite, but I like that they were pretty different from one-another.

As for ingredients/healthfulness, well they're still chips; they may be healthier than the average tortilla chip, and the individual bags are better for me over a large bag, but don't think this is some 0-points weight watchers friendly snack. The ingredients were mostly good/natural, the only odd ingredient I could find being "dextrose", not that it's completely an odd ingredient, just figured I'd list it since some try to avoid all the "processed" sugars.

So, in all I really like the chips, I like the flavor, but keep in mind they aren't normal tortilla chips; you either like 'em or hate 'em, try to find them on sale or with a coupon, or buy a single bag if you can.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.