- File Size: 3353 KB
- Print Length: 108 pages
- Publisher: Harper (April 16, 2013)
- Publication Date: April 16, 2013
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00C0UHL00
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#454,804 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #270 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Biographies > Popes & the Vatican
- #462 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Biographies > Popes & the Vatican
- #730 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Presidents & Heads of State
Price set by seller.
Pope Francis: From the End of the Earth to Rome Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The book needs a thorough scrubbing by a well-informed and experienced copy editor. I one Instance, then-Cardinal Bergolio is referred yo as Mr. Bergolio. In another, he is simply Bergolio. Journal style calls for the proper honorific. Depending on the time frame, the honorific should be Father, Bishop, or Cardinal.
Reference is made to confirmation as the step of being received into the Catholic Church. A person is received into the Church at Baptism. Confirmation reaffirms commitment to the Church's teachings.
There are many other editing shortcomings.
Entirely too much space is devoted to the clergy sex-abuse scandal. Disgusting and gratuitous examples are not necessary to illustrate the steps that Archbishop Bergolio and the Church in general took in dealing with the issue.
Harper-Collins should have been more concerned with publishing the book properly and in balance than with being fast to market.
John P. Donlon
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is an intriguing story of a truly great man. The WSJ staff did interesting and thorough research. I had not known of the activities leading up to his election.Published 16 months ago by Smitty
This early book on Pope Francis is well written and an easy read. As it was written shortly after the conclave; it gives a good summary of Francis' style and emphasis on humbly... Read morePublished 19 months ago by John M. Conroy
that was a total surprise how much i enjoyed that audiobook.i would recommend it to anyone wanting to know about the new pope. Read morePublished on July 15, 2014 by Ann Whiting
Well researched biography enhances what we know of him as Pope...look forward to a follow-up after he's been in Rome for 5 years.Published on February 17, 2014 by Elaine Giordano
The book provide a good overview of the new Pope's background, the challenges facing the Catholic Church and the promising first acts of the new Pope.Published on January 11, 2014 by brynjar777
He is the Pope for the masses, he walks the walk, he has a clear vision for the Catholic churchPublished on January 7, 2014 by Karen E. Schwartz
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Presidents & Heads of State
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Religious
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Catholicism > Popes & the Vatican
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Presidents & Heads of State
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Religious
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Catholicism > Popes & the Vatican