Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
asked by Jason Torchio on February 12, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 30 answers
A
Are you sure about this. I have a Sharp Aquos and I was about to return it for this issue. It is quite annoying. I have the TV in my room and the noise can affect my sleep
Alexis Quiles answered on March 27, 2007
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mine does the same thing. I've had it for a month and it still works (although it has locked up a couple times and I've had to unplug it to get to to work again).
Mr. Michael J. Beuoy answered on February 15, 2007
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is the plastic heating up nothing to do with the power if we are talking about the popping noise common after the TV has been on for a period of time and continues when it is turned off. I noticed when my air conditioning turned on it became more intense b/c of the contrast in temperature. You can move the TV or turn it off a couple hours before you sleep i guess thats what i've done is turn it off an hour before i go to bed.
Clayton Thomas answered on September 28, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mine does too. Sounded like electronic relays. Somewhat annoying but everything works.
Maximum Velocity answered on February 22, 2007
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had the same problem, the flatscreen LCD TV made a loud crack or pop every few miutes, very annoying.

I had a COX HD box (digital cable box from cable company) and had to unplug the box wait about fifteen seconds, then plug it in again. Had several days to weeks until I had to unplug the box again and then plug it in again.

The pop was from some static created in the box and passed to the sound unit of the HDTV.

Nothing to do with hot plastic.
David Q. Hall answered on August 4, 2007

A
yoyo answered on September 9, 2009

A
Just purchased a Samsung 630. First night, we used what we had, a standard cable. Second night, we bought a HDMI cable and immediately it started making this loud, very concerning popping noise. I fear something on the inside is going to simply pop and burn out. what is the problem here??? No tv should make such disturbing noise!
Jim and Sook answered on February 5, 2011

A
Walter Newman answered on January 3, 2012

A
The Truth Is Out There 11 answered on February 10, 2012
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had the same problem! it turned out to be the capacitors. pretty simple fix for under 25 bucks. saved myself over $500. check out the youtube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbGiXqBAvvo
Antonio fernandez answered on July 10, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product