Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on December 15, 2012
This Raymond Le Blanc book is an excellent and detailed study of the Chronology of the Social Media phenomenon. I was attracted by the title which indicated that this book was written with small business in mind, altogether, a most needed angle. Remember, it is the gazillion small businesses that make the World go round, not Giant Corporations or Banks that often let the populace down with spectacularly disastrous after effects!
After a brief introduction to the commencement of social media websites, the Author details each one in turn, giving an overview of each site with ideas for effective utilisation.
Traffic statistics for each site are highlighted as well as growth patterns and demographics. The Author makes suggestions as to whether or not your own business would benefit from involvement.
Each site gets the pro's and con's treatment which I found both insightful and helpful. In my own case, while I had been a member of the most well known Social Media sites such as Twitter and Facebook for some considerable time, there were several others that were either unknown or untried.

Clearly, with the apparent non stop introduction of new Social Media sites over the last several years, you would need to invent the 36 hour day to cover them all. At times I have felt overwhelmed in knowing just when and where to draw the line. This book gives a dozen of the best and most influential Social Media Web sites the complete, dissection treatment.
There are some sites that are an absolute must-do for small businesses and others that are relevant for only certain types of business.
Raymond gives his own take while offering very sound advice in making your decisions.
This book is a real gem for those in small business who feel swamped by all the Social Media noise which can often lead to decision paralysis. The book is up to date, well structured and worth investing your time to assimilate.
I found it to be an invaluable resource in filling in many of the gaps in my own knowledge and understanding. Well worth the five stars and worthy of your attention!
on December 21, 2012
Like most authors, I'm tied into one or more social media networks. I picked up this book because I wanted to learn more about the networks I don't use - primarily Google+ and Foursquare. The author does a great job of introducing each of 12 social media sites, first by giving an overview of the network, including traffic and statistics. He then goes on to detail demographics and the questions to ask about whether this is a good network for you and your business. Discussion about each network is rounded off with a list of pros and cons.

Whether you're already using social media (I'm a Twitterholic) or not - I can absolutely recommend this book because we can't be on all networks - and picking the right one (at least for me) is an issue involving time and value. This book helps me hone down to the networks that will work for me. Good job!
on April 9, 2013
I picked up this book because I wanted to learn how to promote my business the right way through social media. I had a lot of questions and I found this book to be a helpful resource. This book gives an explanation of social media history - an important concept to understand if you're going to market your business the correct way today. Extremely helpful in understanding what action to take on which platforms but also common mistakes that are made on different sites. The most helpful part of this book to me was that I now have a better grasp on which sites will work for my business in particular. I'm really glad I picked this book up first. Well worth the investment because it will save me time and money in the long run.
on February 4, 2013
As a small business person myself, I know how it is to get caught up/lost in the social media world. Which platforms do you use? How much do you need to do on each? How do you connect with the right people? Etc, etc.

This book does a fabulous job of laying out some solid guidelines that I found inspiring yet grounding all at once. Truthfully, I found the second chapter on its own, "The Rules of Social Media," to be worth the cost of the whole book on its own, but that's just the beginning.

Definitely worth spending solid time delving into before you jump into any social-based marketing campaign.
on January 21, 2013
I own a small business, based mainly on online sales and I am therefore aware of Social Media's power. Thanks to this book I have discovered few social media platforms that I will now use to promote my activities. Each platform is described in detail and I have found very useful information and tips to drive traffic to my website.

This book really goes into detail when it comes to using a specific platform to promote your business. Social Media can have a huge impact on sales and Raymond Le Blanc has really created a step-by-step manual for entrepreneurs. A must read!
on February 4, 2013
A Great overview of Social Media and there was network I didn't know. I love have both the pros, cons and action steps are laid out clearly. Even my favorite software for posting to all of them at once was covered. That one tip makes social software doable without eating all the time in your day!
on February 4, 2013
This is really good info. So many businesses just open a twitter account or a facebook page and expect things to just happen. Good luck with that! Get an experts experience and guidance. For the money, you'll not find a better resource. Well done!
on February 11, 2013
The ever changing world of Social Media and how to navigate it for today business climate. I enjoyed this book very much.