The Kindle Edition of this magazine includes Page View. In Page View, your magazines look just like the printed edition with all the photos and formatting.
Interactive content such as videos and slide shows are only available on: Kindle Fire 2nd Generation, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX.
Who Reads Popular Mechanics?
The Popular Mechanics reader is curious. The reader is driven to explore, become knowledgeable and actively participate in a wide variety of interests, making him today's Go-to Guy that Main Street America goes to for advice.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
The Popular Mechanics reader has a curious mind - a hunger to know, an inquisitive interest, and a desire to investigate and learn. Every month, Popular Mechanics inspires, instructs and influences millions of curious minds - engaging them with breakthroughs in science and technology, how-to stories on digital technology, automotive advances and home upgrades.
- Tech Watch: Reporters dig deep to find new and exciting technological advances that will keep readers up-to-date with cutting-edge innovations – in aviation, computers, energy, environment, health, military, robotics, space and transportation.
- Upgrade: Reporters collect the best gear from the biggest trade shows – from new tools for the home and worksite to the most advanced digital gadgets – and provide no-nonsense comparison tests and monthly reviews.
- New Cars: Auto editors at Popular Mechanics give readers a comprehensive sneak-peak of the most exciting vehicles coming out of Detroit, Asia and Europe.
- DIY Auto: This section gives readers a place to go for all their automotive repair and maintenance questions and answers – allowing them to skip the trip to the local mechanic by providing them instructions on exactly how to diagnose and repair any number of auto problems.
- DIY Home: This section offers readers a column with a variety of step-by-step home improvement projects, including useful tips, advice and product reviews.
- DIY Tech: This gives readers hands on advice on all things tech – from cameras and computers to HDTV and surround sound – keeping them one step ahead of the curve.
- Feature Articles: Popular Mechanics tells you how the latest advances in science and technology will impact your home, your car, consumer electronics, computers, even your health. Features include: Tech Watch, Upgrade, New Cars, Saturday Mechanic, Car Clinic, Homeowners Clinic, and Jay Leno's Garage.
Popular Mechanics is clean, crisp, fresh and cool. The magazine continuously delivers to curious minds every month - and even at 102 years young, continues to be a voice of authority on all things science, automotive, technology, home and outdoors.
Comparisons to Other Magazines:
Popular Mechanics is the essential source for the modern man. From installing windows in their home or on their computer, Popular Mechanics gives readers the information and tools they need to be confident and competent in today’s high-tech world.
Popular Mechanics has a wide variety of advertisers, from automobiles to retailers and tools to home and garden, and everything in between.
Over the past 9 years, Popular Mechanics has won over 60 Art and Design Awards - ranging from Distinction in Editorial Design to Best Cover of the Year, to Best Table of Contents to Distinction in Photography. In 2008, Popular Mechanics won the American Society of Magazine Editors award for excellence in service journalism, for its 3 part series on the fast growing national anxiety - the degradation of the environment.