Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Porcupine Tree: Anesthetize forum

Porcupine Tree Anesthetize DVD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2010, 12:54:14 AM PST
Feisal Kamil says:
I can't wait!! if it's anything like Arriving Somewhere, it'll be awesome. Word is that it'll be on blu-ray as well, and that will be so much ear candy.

Posted on Mar 26, 2010, 10:50:16 AM PDT
dj says:
Not only that, but the special edition will come with 2 CDs as well, which will be the audio recording of the concert. I also heard that the 5.1 surround sound is native to the concert and not ported to sound that way. It'll be the first concert I own that is in true 5.1 surround.

Here's the setlist from the two nights of recording: www (dot) setlist.fm/search?query=porcupine+tree+tilburg+2008

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2010, 9:05:44 AM PDT
I'm excited about this too. FYI, the Pink Floyd Pulse DVD has a native surround mix as well. I saw that show at the Rose Bowl in '94 and it was 360 degrees of sonic splendor. I can't wait to see a Blu-ray of The Incident live too.

Posted on Apr 3, 2010, 7:37:28 PM PDT
dj says:
Cool! I caught Floyd in Brazil on that tour as well. Best concert I've ever seen.

I heard the Blu-Ray disc is just a few short films. Are you saying it is an exact duplicate of the concert DVD?

Posted on Apr 3, 2010, 7:37:31 PM PDT
dj says:
Cool! I caught Floyd in Brazil on that tour as well. Best concert I've ever seen.

I heard the Blu-Ray disc is just a few short films. Are you saying it is an exact duplicate of the concert DVD?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2010, 7:45:52 PM PDT
Feisal Kamil says:
I think it was announced as a DVD/Blu-Ray package identical content on each check out http://www.porcupinetree.com/news.cfm on 3/2/2010

"The special edition will take the form of a cloth bound hard back 120 page book... || The book and audio CDs will not be included with the standard retail versions of the Blu-Ray/DVD."

Posted on Apr 3, 2010, 7:50:18 PM PDT
dj says:
that's the special edition though. Does the standard come that way too?

Posted on Apr 3, 2010, 7:50:19 PM PDT
dj says:
that's the special edition though. Does the standard come that way too?

Posted on Apr 3, 2010, 10:35:47 PM PDT
Feisal Kamil says:
I think this is how it will be:
Special edition with DVD, BD, book, 2xCDs
Std edition with DVD, BD

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2010, 9:16:07 AM PDT
Yes, your description is the same as what I read on the PT website.

Posted on Apr 5, 2010, 11:57:04 AM PDT
Cant Wait!! Should be excellent!! Arriving Somewhere dvd is great but hoping this new one surpasses that! Also i saw the Pink Floyd tour of "94 myself,,what a show!Wish P.Tree would come to this part of country(oklahoma)!!

Posted on Apr 6, 2010, 12:05:49 PM PDT
When someone can verify that this product is a combo DVD/ Blu-Ray release, as opposed to just a DVD (with a separate BD release), please post here! The info on the PT website is not clear about the standard edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2010, 5:08:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 7, 2010, 1:17:52 PM PDT
The PT website does say the standard edition will be a Blu-ray/DVD. The special edition will be a book with the same Blu-ray/DVD as well as two CDs of the show.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2010, 5:15:17 PM PDT
dj says:
I wish they had used this cover for Fear of a Blank Planet instead. The CD is their ugliest cover IMO (well maybe Metanoia is worse). I love this cover!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2010, 1:06:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 7, 2010, 1:18:22 PM PDT
Here is the listing for the Special Edition which is now available for pre-order:

http://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/multiproduct/169/1688/

Posted on Apr 7, 2010, 2:47:45 PM PDT
Man this is going to be a GREAT dvd,,just read the set list and man all fantastic songs..I'm soooooooo excited!!!

Posted on Apr 7, 2010, 5:06:55 PM PDT
Does anybody know if the DVD in the Speacial Edition is Region Free? NTSC or PAL? Also are the CD's exclusive to the Speacial Edition? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2010, 6:39:03 PM PDT
Yes, the CDs are exclusive to the Special Edition. I don't know for sure about the DVD region, but all the other DVDs ever released by PT have been region free NTSC.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2010, 6:42:27 PM PDT
dj says:
The red cover special edition sold out within hours. There are a few gray ones remaining.

If "Arriving Somewhere" DVD is any indication then it will be region 0.

Posted on Apr 7, 2010, 6:54:12 PM PDT
Thanks for the info guys. I am going to have to get the Special Edition. It's actually cheaper than I was expecting.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2010, 7:55:32 PM PDT
When I ordered earlier today the Red was still available, but I thought the Grey looked nicer so I ordered that one.

Posted on Apr 7, 2010, 8:43:03 PM PDT
Rushead 2112 I agree I like the grey version better. Anyway no choice at this point but I put the pre order in and am happy to get this. They may list more Red ones later if people tried ordering more than one.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Porcupine Tree: Anesthetize
Porcupine Tree: Anesthetize by Porcupine Tree (DVD - 2017)
4.7 out of 5 stars (138)