Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Port Authority Men's Extra Long Fleece Scarf
 Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2

on November 20, 2009
The scarfs are nice but...

The scarfs I ordered were listed as "Extra Long Fleece Scarf" (80"x10") but the scarfs that were sent were only 56"x 10".

Also, just the scarfs were in the package - No return information, no invoice. Nothing... just two scarfs.

For the price I'll "suck it up" but I'll never buy from this company again.
on February 25, 2013
Upon opening my package, the first thing I smelled was harsh textile chemicals. I'm sure that's only temporary, but it made me nauseous. The scarf doesn't feel like fleece...it feels like one of those small polyester blankets that's been washed about 20 times. I sent it back right away. You can do a lot better for the price if you wait for one of the off-price department stores to get scarves in stock again.
on June 12, 2008
they're the right lenght also warm, but i'm not crazy about the quality of the stitching. it's good enough for the price i think :-)
on November 18, 2014
My preliminary review... It's very soft & will require light washing. The edging seems good.
It is as described with no foal odor, plus it is 10"x80".
I see other reviews about sizes being shorter & some with bad odor, however I ordered anyway.
I believe the reviews, but it was not that way with mine.
If it changes, I'll make an addendum...
on February 5, 2015
It took forever to be shipped and I did not like the dark blue color. It looked old and washed out. It was meant as a gift but i ended up leaving it in my drawer because it looked too cheap.
on February 4, 2015
Ok, so I took a gamble buying this scarf and I am so glad I did. You can't beat the price for a comfortably warm fleece scarf. I am a guy so I didn't want anything but straight black to keep my neck warm and free from wind burn. I love this thing. I should have ordered two of them.

Note: The scarf did have an odor to it when I first opened it but after one wash/light dry cycle it smelled like a spring breeze. Please keep in mind that this fabric is a synthetic fabric so like all synthetics it will smell after it is made. Simply, wash it and you will have a warm scarf that kept a few extra bucks in your pocket.
on February 13, 2016
The fleece material is what is expected. However, I bought it specifically based off the image on amazon wanting a really rich royal blue color. What came was a regular - even light blue. It appears that Port Authority does not understand colors.
on February 24, 2016
Worth the $. Soft and long. It is thin material, which is what I wanted..not the thick knitted cumbersome material. Long enough that you can wrap it around your neck and it still covers most of your chest
on December 9, 2014
I live in Chicago which was in dead center of the Polar Vortex in 2013-4. I walk 1/2 mile to work and often face 30 plus MPH down drafts off skyscrapers in the Loop on the worst days.

I wanted a long soft scarf to double up and wear around my neck to compliment my wool full-length overcoat. The style of these coats expose a man's neck down to about 6 inches which feels like cold knives when below zero winds hit.

This scarf is ultra-soft and extra long. I love the feeling of fleece over finer wool because the finer wool scarfs tend to be too thin to insulate well and usually too short to double up.

This scarf is also extremely warm and breathes so I don't get sweaty, since I do walk extremely fast.

One thing I did not like was the Port Authority white tag that was sewn in the side. I carefully unwound the thread and removed it. It makes the scarf look much classier and suitable to wear with a business top coat than if the bright white tag is hanging out of the coat.

Plus, for the price, the scarf is an excellent value.
on February 7, 2015
This scarf is nice and warm, and there's plenty of it, which helps for wrapping it around my neck/face area snuggly so it doesn't fall off. It keeps the cold off very well in the winter - if it's under 20 degrees Fahrenheit or I'm planning on behind out in the winter weather for a while, I'll put this thing on.

Minor annoyance - with great warmth comes not-so-great-breathability. If I'm covering my mouth/nose, exhaled air is going to struggle to escape, and it's probably going to fog up my glasses. Also, the scarf makes me suspect that my breath is toxic - this thing doesn't smell nice after I've had it up in my face for a while.